DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-16-15

MGFanJay

I kind of like the contradictory idea of a heel who uses his popularity as a weapon.  Bryan being all "Have fun dealing with my chants" and standing up on the table to use his own fans as a distraction is interesting.

Has anyone done that before?  Used "being over with the crowd" as a tool for being a tool.  I wonder how long it would last before they start to turn on him.

• Like 2

I kind of like the contradictory idea of a heel who uses his popularity as a weapon.  Bryan being all "Have fun dealing with my chants" and standing up on the table to use his own fans as a distraction is interesting.

Has anyone done that before?  Used "being over with the crowd" as a tool for being a tool.  I wonder how long it would last before they start to turn on him.

Considering how much "smart" fans want to get themselves over at shows, he'll be the next Stone Cold.

Without needing to get in a dig at any group of fans, I'd suggest that there's essentially no way to turn Bryan heel. They tried it during his world title run. He got cheered anyway, and he wasn't nearly as popular then as he is now. Any attempt to turn him will be seen as WWE trying to get everyone to turn on Bryan, (hello, reality era!) and they'll just cheer louder.

I remember when I first started watching wrestling I caught a Hacksaw match where he cheated a few times and pointed to the crowd to tell the ref to ask them if he in fact cheated, at which point they backed up his alibi.  It is likely that I missed the beginning of the match where his opponent bent the ruled a few times himself but at the time it struck me as very confusing in the manner you hint at here.