DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-16-15

MGFanJay

The wall doesn't include US champs?

In theory, they're doing the right thing with both secondary belts right now. Ambrose actively wants the I-C title instead of just feuding with the guy who happens to hold it. Cena is feuding with the guy who happens to hold the US title, but is still pretending he wants to win the belt, too. It feels completely out of left field, though, and it's hard not to believe that by June, Stardust is going to be holding one of those titles and losing non-title matches every week.

What an interesting world Vince lives in, where "douche" is permitted but "Columbus, Ohio" isn't.

Anyone else get a kick out of the Rosebuds (including Mia Yim, just because) showing up backstage for no reason? Bless their little hearts, they do try so hard.

Show yelling "MAY 13, YOU PSYCHO!" at Kane was fucking awesome. 

• Like 3

Dean Ambrose likes to wind people up.  Out of the current singles champs, Barrett's reactions to such a winding up are the most fun, and Dean knows that between Barrett, Rusev, and Lesnar, Barrett has to be the least likely to respond by killing him.

Perhaps most importantly, championship belts are just so shiny and mesmerizing.  That explains Dean's interest in the IC belt to me.

What an interesting world Vince lives in, where "douche" is permitted but "Columbus, Ohio" isn't.

Anyone else get a kick out of the Rosebuds (including Mia Yim, just because) showing up backstage for no reason? Bless their little hearts, they do try so hard.

Wasn't it saying May 19 that made Kane flip out? Ehh, it's Kane. Who cares?
  • Like 2

HmKAfOl.gif

This was the Roman they needed all along. 

I think you could get just about anyone over for a time if you let them no sell chair shots and strike back.

I know I would wild out if Hornswoggle shook off a Big Show chair shot like it was a light breeze, and struck back with a cane shot.

Yeah, Show got the date wrong.  It's May 19th.

I was hoping at the end that HHH would bring up that he got the date wrong, say the correct date, and Kane would just goozle him for a moment out of reflex.

• Like 2

Maybe I missed something, but have they bothered to explain at all why Ambrose wants to win the IC title? I understand these things just aren't deemed important anymore, but I can't wrap my head around why a "crazy" guy like Anbrose would care about a title. A little motivation goes a long way.

He needs something to pawn for QT hotdog money. Renee's jewelry is all gone, and he only has the one guitar left. The one Iggy Pop gave him after that night in East Akron...

Maybe I missed something, but have they bothered to explain at all why Ambrose wants to win the IC title? I understand these things just aren't deemed important anymore, but I can't wrap my head around why a "crazy" guy like Anbrose would care about a title. A little motivation goes a long way.

The better question should be when does sin cara get his match for the title? He beat Barrrett clean in a non-title match. 

I really wish Ambrose would've tied Barrett up with red tape last night. 

I'm slowly coming around on the buildup to the main event. Reigns is showing some of the intensity that he's been missing. Bryan is showing some shades of grey. A feud between two faces with something on the line is actually...dare i say it... interesting.

EDIT: Nevermind, plenty of other people responded before I did

I'll just say that I thought it was interesting how JBL, the heel announcer who shits on everybody, was putting Reigns over as a true WWE Superstar and making excuses for him to be out there as if Reigns himself were a heel

• Like 1

Yeah, Show got the date wrong.  It's May 19th.

I was hoping at the end that HHH would bring up that he got the date wrong, say the correct date, and Kane would just goozle him for a moment out of reflex.

Even better, if Trips opened next week's show by meekly apologizing to Kane while Show smirked in the background, because he goofed it on purpose hoping for someone to correct him.

Ambrose is like the high school slacker who somehow remembered it was Career Day, then stole a suit from his town's Quimby-like mayor as said mayor was getting it in with a stripper at the Flea Bag Motel where Ambrose lives/works as the graveyard-shift weekend janitor.  The mayor has to learn how to not leave his clothes--or wallet--next to the ice machine.

• Like 2

I know it's been mentioned already but DAMN are Dusty's gig marks nasty. They looked fresh, for god's sake! 

I asked the dudes on the CWF Facebook group if they were aware of him working dates with Funk in the last week or so. Dusty's gig marks were simply not meant for a HD-compatible world.

D-Lo's chest protector was legal.

To be fair, D-Lo's chest protector was only legal after sustaining a chest injury and then getting written permission from the WWF President and Commissioner. It was complete coincidence that it happened to hurt his opponents when he did the frog splash.