DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 61: Bigfoot vs. Mir (2/22/2015) - Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil (Ginásio Gigantinho)

Elsalvajeloco

Reneau caught Jessica in the triangle choke because Jessica got stupid aggressive and put herself into a bad position wanting to hit Reneau in the face. I look forward to how Reneau does in her next fight.

In the main event I picked Mir to win and he did with the knockout. As been said before it will be interesting to see who Mir faces next in the UFC. My guess Brock vs. Mir 3 and pair it with Punk's debut to increase the # of PPVs buys for WWE fans wanting to see both of them fight in the octagon.

Bigfoot is one weird dude. How can you go five rounds with Mark Hunt and then get knocked out by Arlovski and Mir?

Lack of testosterone in this case. Bigfoot should've retired when the TRT ban came through.

Lets not forget that Pezao was stopped multiple times BEFORE the Hunt fight. You can argue about the strike that dropped him in this fight and whether or not testosterone affected his endurance and ability to recover. Fair enough. However, the follow up shots by Mir should be given credit. Those would have been coffin nails in any era of Pezao's career just because of the bad position he was in. If you're in a prone spot like that as a LHW or HW, the fight will be over sooner rather than later.

Mir vs Miocic perhaps? Although Stipe is coming off of a loss.

We'll have to wait and see what Miocic looks like on the other side of a fight with Hunt first.

Crap. Forgot about that fight.

Mitrione was calling out for a fight with Mir, so I guess that's a reasonable fight unless Ben Rothwell doesn't have any upcoming fights and they'd like to make that one happen.

I'm not a fan of Mir either, but he improved his boxing and that switch on the ground and pound from punches to those brutal elbows was beautiful. That's what really caved in Bigfoot.

I don't think we'll see Mir vs. Brock III yet as I don't think we'll see Brock in the UFC for a while as he had just renewed with the WWE iirc.