DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

Sixers have 17 wins. Chance to pass LA on Sunday. Not sure if Hinkie thought this could happen when he made those deals at the deadline. Sixers could be decreasing their odds of getting the Laker pick this year.

I am 100% certain he thought it could happen. Sixers defense has kept them in games. We've lost a bunch of close games late. A bunch of them for a similar reason, Michael Carter Williams. His high turnover amount doesn't look bad on the surface when you consider his lack of nba experience, team quality, and high usage. The issue is when he commits those turnovers. He was a total choke artist in late game situations. He has the lowest jump shot percentage in the NBA. Doesn't stop him from jacking up shots a ton of shots though. The thing with the Sixers right now is that the coaching is good so you see tangible improvements from players. MCW wasn't getting better. Bucks fans already wish we weren't part of that deal and they just got the pick for Knight. Can't say I blame them. The other night he was 7-26 with 4 assists in 45 minutes.

Something unrelated. I was look at stats earlier and I saw that the Sixers have the best points allowed per possession in the NBA since the half way point. Decided to start looking through defense stats. Was curious about the success of individual team lineups. Thought there were some surprises.

Top 5 lineups in the nba for defensive rating. That have played 200 minutes or more together. Actually will go with top 7 since I think the 7th is interesting because of the injuries.

1. 89.1 Washington Wizards lineup of Gortat, Nene, Pierce, Temple, Wall

2. 91.8 Sacramento Kings lineup of Collison, Cousins, Gay, McLemore, Thompson

3. 94.5 Phoenix Suns lineup of Bledsoe, Dragic, Len, Morris, Tucker

4. 95.2 Golden State Warriors lineup of Barnes, Bogut, Curry, Thompson, Green

5. 95.8 Cleveland Cavs lineup of Irving, James, Love, Mozgov, Smith

6. 96.2 Washington Wizards lineup of Beal, Wall, Gortat, Humphries, Pierce

7. 96.4 OKC lineup of Westbrook, Durant, Adams, Robertson, Ibaka.

Of those 7 the Cavs have the highest offensive rating at 117.8, Golden State is 2nd at 113.1. The first lineup on a non playoff team is the Detroit lineup of Pope, Drummond, Jennings, Monroe and Singler. They come in 10th.

Riley should've never rescued Beasley from China.

Heeeeeeeeey Beas....would you like a quarter of Bogata Gold?

Mike Miller, P.J. Brown and Jamal Mashburn he can throw out like a sack of potatoes. But THIS GUY Riley can't quit?

I'm aware I have no reason to bitch about this season after the run Miami just finished, but it's REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult. 

• Like 1

Nyets get destroyed at home against the Celtics, then beat the Hornets in Charlotte and tonight beat LeBron and the Cavs. If they make playoffs my first round tickets are free, but they are going to torture and torment me before crushing my free basketball craving soul.

Another MONSTER night from Nerlens Noel

Was hoping he would be a competent offensive player some day. Now he's showing star potential on offense. He is a great passer, has a good handle, he can finish with both hands which is the biggest surprise of all. This guy couldn't catch the basketball for the first month of the season. Right now his main issue on offense is that he still has a tendency to rush things. Like his brain is moving too fast. Young quarterbacks have to adjust to the speed of the NFL. That is where Noel is right now but he needs to slow down not speed up. He can hit an off-hand hook so he doesn't have to rush. There is still room for him improvement with his hands too. Has a much higher ceiling than I thought coming into this season. Him and Embiid are going to benefit from being able to go up against each other in practice. Last 20 games: 13.9 pts, 10.3 rebs, 2.7 blks, 2.4 stl, 1.7 ast, .688 ft%, .510 fg%, 33 MIN. It is still just potential right now but something to be excited about either way.

Hopefully they keep Ish Smith around on the bench in future seasons. His game has been a better fit with the team than MCW.