DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

Wiggins just needs to develop his handle. The rest is there or close to it. He has improved so much from last season finishing in traffic. Impressive since he hasn't got much stronger yet. Just playing smart. His FG in traffic at the rim last year was 40% last year. Up in the 60% range now. Getting better at using that vertical to increase hang time by taking better angles. It is good that he has stayed aggressive because he isn't getting the calls yet.

His defense hasn't been good though. . He shows flashes but has been below average all season.

Tied for 330th at DPBM. Here

Tied for 313th at DWS Here

His defensive rating is in the 450 range but that one takes team defense into account more than those 2. He doesn't have the traditional stats either.

77th in steals

238th in steals per 36

92nd in blocks

180th in blocks per 36

Dieng is in the top 15 at defensive impact so it isn't like there isn't rim help. I should add I do think he will be great though. The flashes are very impressive.

That footage of KG coaching Wiggins legit made me smile.  The Wolves are "tanking" correctly, because they aren't prioritizing picks over players like Philly.  Like Jalen Rose said, you eventually have to build a team instead of stockpiling picks. A healthy starting 5 that includes Rubio, Wiggins, Pekovic and K-Mart is a tough one to handle.

It helps that the Wolves got a potential franchise player in Wiggins. Philly hasn't gotten one yet.

I kinda feel like if they did, they'd trade him once they started winning games.  They have the potential for the best frontline in the game with Embiid and Noel though.

A pretty good win for the Cavs tonight. Obviously the Dubs had a bit of an off night, but I think Smith and Shumpert did a pretty good job bothering them with length. The Cavs were much more aggressive, and Lebron reminded everyone he is real good at basketball. The Warriors are the best interior passing team I've ever seen. It's really fun to watch.

Also, Russ is 0-9 in the first quarter in the late game. I really want him to go, like, 7-41 and end up with 21/8/9.

It helps that the Wolves got a potential franchise player in Wiggins. Philly hasn't gotten one yet.

I kinda feel like if they did, they'd trade him once they started winning games.  They have the potential for the best frontline in the game with Embiid and Noel though.

I think Favors and Gobert might have something to say when the time comes. . . 

This is the most Russell Westbrook game of all times. Great finish though.

Westbrook's line: 35, 11 assists, 13 boards on 10/32 shooting, 1/9 3PT, 14 of 16 free throws. He's been driving and driving and driving.

• Like 1

Gregg, while watching the Warriors/Cavs game last night, I had this thought: No matter how lame Carmelo Anthony is, he cannot conceivably do anything nearly as lame as Harrison Barnes repeatedly trying to give himself the nickname "Black Falcon". 

• Like 1

HAHAHAHA!!! I had no idea about the Black Falcon. It's a cool nickname if given to you. But why would you make that your own nickname? It's sort of crazy person talk.

But Carmelo Anthony is way, way, way lamer. I'm not one to agree with Simmons but his mockery of Melo in his last piece was spot on.

My friend described Melo perfectly. He's a total poser. He wants to be this "brand" -- he now signs autographs with "This Is Melo" -- and absolutely no one gives one crap. Except seemingly for me, since I find this oddly hilarious.

• Like 2

Kyrie is out tonight with a shoulder strain. The Cavs will probably lose to a suddenly frisky Pacers team tonight. Pacers have won 6 of 8 with wins over the Warriors and Cavs, and one of the losses was a two point loss to the Spurs. They are playing good basketball, and will be a tough out in the playoffs if Paul George is playing. Even if he is a shell of himself, he is probably 30 times better than Solomon Hill. 

I'm thrilled that Miami got Dragic so he can spend the team's last 3 possessions of a close game standing in the fucking corner like Mario Chalmers. Spo needs to do better with his new toy than what I saw tonight because what I saw tonight was God damn abominable.

• Like 1

I renew my Sixers season tickets in person a week from tomorrow. They had me at "we are going to be shit for a few years so we are guaranteeing your tickets stay at $10 a game". Interesting that MCW is featured prominently in the renewal brochure I got a few days ago, oops! Also for you guys in NY the Models by MSG is having a blowout sale on ASG merch. All the jersey tees are $10 and most players are still available. Laughed at all the unsold Melo ones, he may be my least favorite Knick ever (and I still have nightmares about Charles Smith in that game 5 vs the fucking Bulls). Got a John Wall shirt b/c I enjoy watching the guy.

Where is Westbrook on the MVP ladder right now?  I'd put it Harden > Westbrook > Lebron > Curry, but Russ and Lebron are obviously climbing.

OKC should have 3 of the top 5 players in basketball right now.  It's a damn shame, but I also can't wait to see Russ in a Lakers uniform so...