DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 26: Shogun vs. Sonnen (8/17/2013) - Boston, MA (TD Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

I have Comcast so didn't get Fuel, but at some point I noticed that Fox Deportes was airing those cards the next day. They've also now started showing old UFC cards, all dubbed over in Spanish. They showed UFC 22 last weekend and supposedly 23 soon. Also supposedly showing UFC 1 which I'm shocked Dana would want to air.

And why they putting my man Ovince on Facebook?

He might have a chance to be in the main event depending on what happens tomorrow.

On Thursday, a closed-door session of the Massachusetts State Boxing Commission – spurred by a union complaint – will determine whether UFC fighter Chael Sonnen receives a license to fight at UFC Fight Night 26 next week.

A representative for the state's Department of Public Safety, which oversees the commission, said that following a complaint from a New York-based union, the commission elected to hold the meeting to determine whether Sonnen is appropriately using testosterone replacement therapy.

"The commissioners will sit in and they'll hammer out the issue," DPS spokesman Terrel Harris today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "When they've made a final decision, they'll let everybody know what that decision was. Bottom line is that they have to do it relatively soon, because the fight's a week from Saturday."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/08/still-unlicensed-for-ufc-fight-night-26-chael-sonnen-awaits-commissions-ruling?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This sounds like something Vince would have tried on Crockett back in the day. . .

Don't ever change, Chael Sonnen.  A Superstar Billy Graham promo.  Get the fuck outta here.

Wow,  Conor McGregor is quite the living incarnation of Fighty McIrish, ain't he?

Great fight card in my opinion. Everybody keeps saying Overeem not respecting his opponent but i think dude was just tired. He punched himself out early. 

Yeah, he was tired from laying it in the first half of the round.

And how awful is Yamasaki for missing that blatant illegal knee(s)?

Vitor Belfort is the last of a dying breed. He's the last guy of the old guard still fighting high level right? 

Him vs. Chael will be a good fight to make. Is Overeem cut? Who's next for Matt Brown? So many questions. 

Someone might want to tell Overeem that he isn't as great in the UFC as he thinks he is.  Two fights in a row where he dominates only to treat his opponent like nothing and get the shit knocked out of him at the end

Don't tell Overeem, it's fun seeing him get KO'd.

Look at this picture:

Posted Image

• Like 3

Overeem is really fucking dumb. As soon as he started going ham without putting away Browne I figured he'd lose. Overeem may just have a worse gas tank than anyone else at heavyweight.

• Like 1

He's the Uriah Hall 1.0. There are a bunch of guys on the roster whose careers would be served better if they were in Bellator. They're not crappy enough to go back to the local circuit or good enough to consistently put together back-to-back wins in the UFC. All Uriah Hall would do if he got cut is go 5-0 w/ 5 KOs in the SoCal bum circuit or some money mark Asian promotion and then get signed by the UFC again only to be cut a few fights later. He still could be a quality pickup for a secondary promotion.