DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 26: Shogun vs. Sonnen (8/17/2013) - Boston, MA (TD Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

I wonder if they'll continue with the show on FS1 if those deals don't get done or if they'll try to shift it to another channel.  Or is that even possible?

They probably would, but TBH they don't need to keep moving their programming anymore. In the span of two years, they have ran the gamut of channels for their programming in addition to being on YouTube and Facebook. Everytime the UFC moves their programming, they run the very real risk of losing more and more of their audience.

That's okay because cable companies will begging for Fox Sports 1 when Chael breaks out the 1970's Harley Race promos  <_<

It seems like Cox cable in Northern Virginia will just replace Speed HD with the channel based on the commercial they have shown.  Of course the problem is the guide probably won't get updated until saturday in case you want to record it. 

You know I think what UFC needs is to get on two or three more channels because following their absurd programming schedule isn't convoluted enough already.

They are moving everything to basically just two channels, so what is the problem?

Is it "basically" two channels or is it two channels?

I believe the new breakout is supposed to be:

Big FOX - for 3 or 4 network shows they do a year

FS-1 - For TUF, UFC Fight Nights, PPV and Big FOX Prelims, Countdown Shows, and UFC Tonight

FS-2 - For FS-1 prelims, UFC Unleashed, Best of Pride, etc...

And of course PPV.

According to: http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-fox-sports-1-faq

FOX Sports 1 -
The network will air highly anticipated UFC Fights live beginning August 17 in the form of UFC Fight Night, the program which includes the pre-fight show, prelims and main fight. 

In addition, the network will air UFC Tonight, the official news and information show of the UFC, weekly beginning 9/11 (the initial episode will air on FOX Sports 2 on 8/20 at 11pm ET). 

The Ultimate Fighter, UFC’s signature reality series, moves to FOX Sports 1 from FX when it returns on September 4th for Season 18. The season, featuring Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate as coaches, will run on Wednesday evenings at 10 PM ET. 

FOX Sports 1 will also air other UFC related programming through the course of the year including UFC Unleashed and UFC Ultimate Insider.

FOX Sports 2 -

FUEL TV will be rebranded as FOX Sports 2 starting August 17. The new network will feature live fights, weigh-ins, UFC Ultimate Insider and more. 

FX: drama

FXX: comedy

FS1: sports

FS2: second-tier sports

FS1 is currently Speed. FS2 is currently Fuel. FXX is currently Fox Soccer. The first two switches are happening Saturday, the third will be sometime next month (not sure of the date, think it's the 8th). Not that hard, really. Pretty sure all major sports have live events on at least three channels.

• Like 1

Nobody said it was hard, it's just stupid. Lets spread our programming over an assload of channels so that we can deliver mostly mediocre content amongst a small percentage of decent programming in a bunch of different places. At least fucking speed and fuel channels were niche offerings that focused on specific areas.

I like how the UFC and Fox confused the fuck out of their audience with the move in starting in November 2011.  Now it is 18 months later and they are like, "Let's do it again!"

All of their programming now being on the Fox Sports channels and Big Fox seems a lot better than Big Fox, FX, and Fuel (which Comcast didn't even carry!).

It's too bad they couldn't have launched these channels back in 2011. The majority of the UFC content being on Fuel was awful. At least now it seems like all cable providers will have access to the Fox Sports channels.

With FX having successful shows like Sons of Anarchy, Justified and the like already on FX it didn't leave that many good nights to air TUF on, that's why TUF got the Friday night timeslots when they first moved to FX, not because they were purposely trying to bury it. 

Most of the bigger free cards(not counting the big FOX cards) appear they'll be airing on FS1 while some smaller cards will air on FS2 is the my viewpoint of things.

With FX having successful shows like Sons of Anarchy, Justified and the like already on FX it didn't leave that many good nights to air TUF on, that's why TUF got the Friday night timeslots when they first moved to FX, not because they were purposely trying to bury it. 

Most of the bigger free cards(not counting the big FOX cards) appear they'll be airing on FS1 while some smaller cards will air on FS2 is the my viewpoint of things.

Exactly. I like the idea now that FS-1 will be the "main" UFC channel. Fight Nights, Prelims, UFC Tonight and TUF. And then there's FS-2 if you want even more stuff (Best of Pride, Unleashed, Weigh-ins, behind the scenes crap, etc...).

It will probably take a little while for people to catch on (always does with a channel switch) but eventually this should be a good thing for the UFC.

God knows it has got to be better than Fuel...

For those that couldn't DVR this, Speed has been flipped to FS1 on Comcast, and the schedule is updated. Hopefully your provider will be following suit if it hasn't already.

Oh nice. Yeah I was checking the Comcast guide last night to set this to record and didn't see it. Figured it would flip over at midnight tonight or something. Thanks for the heads up.