DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Ok, looks like it may be Magny stepping in to fight Gastelum.

Ask and ye shall receive.  Why not just put Pierce in there against Wonderboy now?

Pierce hasn't fought in forever. I forgot he was even on the roster. I see no reason to break up LaFlare-Pierce since I doubt the UFC has any real plans for either one.

I think they might want someone more notable for Wonderboy to fight. Breese vs. Wonderboy would be pretty good, but Breese is probably being saved for the 2/27 show. Dalby and Till might be saved as well. Rick Story would be a good option, but he isn't cleared to fight yet.

If they can't find anyone suitable, it may end up being a Claudio Silva (who hasn't fought since last November) or Keita Nakamura who he can knock out in under 2 minutes flat. 

Anybody heard anything on the November show for Invicta? So far I haven't seen any bouts officially announced (other than then tentative strawweight title fight) and Cyborg doesn't have an official opponent yet (I'm assuming Dandois). Plus, I haven't heard a date or a venue. If they're still running in November, they better get on it fast.

I think it was a recent Cyborg interview that said it was being pushed back to December. Still no other confirmed fights though.

Yeah, I would have to think it would be in December. If there was a show two weeks from now, we would know. Plus, I don't think they would run the Friday after Thanksgiving either. 

So I believe it would be the week after Thanksgiving or they slide it back to the week of the UFC on Fox card in Orlando. Maybe there is an off chance they do the Wednesday at the Cosmopolitan before the 3 straight UFC events in LV.

Followup:

Good news is that the show now has a date. It is December 5. 

Bad news is that Livinha/Grasso is still not happening since Grasso may be injured again.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/3/9647544/invicta-fc-renata-souza-alexa-grasso-she-ran-from-fight-again

They may as well have her fight Bennett or somebody else. They can't hold up the division just because one girl cannot fight.

Damn, sucks to lose Grasso again.. been looking forward to her fighting for the title for awhile. I would like to see Bennett in there for sure if not, big fan of her as well.

Going to miss Alan Belcher.  He started out pretty middling, but he became a very formidable fighter and middleweight.  Almost always had entertaining and exciting fights.  Hope he saved up enough money and will be able to live comfortably.  He was probably only making $37K around the time of his last fight, but he did get some hefty bonus payouts a few times.  Hope he was able to save some of that.

Angela Hill has been released from the UFC

If she wants to continue fighting, this is probably the best thing for her.  Even in the strawweight division, she's really not UFC caliber.  Hopefully Invicta picks up and she can get some more fights and experience there.  

Angela Hill has been released from the UFC

If she wants to continue fighting, this is probably the best thing for her.  Even in the strawweight division, she's really not UFC caliber.  Hopefully Invicta picks up and she can get some more fights and experience there.  

Plus, there are women who are at her level of experience. If she needs to feast on 1-0, 1-1, or 2-0 fighters for a bit, that would be the ideal place since she can move up through the ranks much easier. That will give her more time to work on her grappling.

• Like 1

The thing about Dodson is he might turn into a gatekeeper himself at bantamweight. He has looked hideous in his last two fights. Granted, it was against a good fighter and then against one of the absolute best fighters on the planet. I might lob him a middle of the road guy just to see what level he currently is at. If he can't get that person out of there, then he might be done as a top fighter after his injury.

Sonnen could be trolling everyone

He is trolling everyone.

FWIW, Aldo's wife did confirm this week that Lorenzo Fertitta mailed them two protective vests for Aldo to wear during training. That might have been jest, but she said he is actually using them.