DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

I wonder how much it cost to put Rory MacDonald back together after Ruthless made his face look like a bowl of mashed potatoes.

There is a chance that Lawler/MacDonald could be the best trilogy at 170 and one of the best in MMA history. I just don't want the same thing to happen to Rory. 

If you're GSP, do you really want to come back and face ole Brutal Bob Lawler?

VileOne will love this:

So Jon Jones has all but confirmed that the Cormier rematch for the belt will be on 4/23.

According to Jeremy Botter, it will be at MSG unless the preliminary injunction does not got through. Therefore, the backup plan is Anaheim at the Honda Center.

VileOne will love this:

So Jon Jones has all but confirmed that the Cormier rematch for the belt will be on 4/23.

According to Jeremy Botter, it will be at MSG unless the preliminary injunction does not got through. Therefore, the backup plan is Anaheim at the Honda Center.

I'm rooting for the Ronda Center.  Didn't Cormier say he refused to take the fight in MSG?

VileOne will love this:

I'm rooting for the Ronda Center.  Didn't Cormier say he refused to take the fight in MSG?

Cormier knows 192 underperformed business-wise even by random title fight expectations. He is trying to make to most money he can. The Jones rematch in his backyard is where the money is at.

VileOne will love this:

i was thinking the same thing, but figured Dana White just told him to deal with it.

I wonder how much it cost to put Rory MacDonald back together after Ruthless made his face look like a bowl of mashed potatoes.

There is a chance that Lawler/MacDonald could be the best trilogy at 170 and one of the best in MMA history. I just don't want the same thing to happen to Rory. 

It'd be hard to rank it the best trilogy just on the fact that Lawler is 2-0. 

It'd be hard to rank it the best trilogy just on the fact that Lawler is 2-0. 

Pacquiao-Marquez is one of the best multiple fight rivalries in all of combat sports, and Marquez didn't win a fight until the FOURTH one. I think we can overlook the fact that Rory doesn't have a win because the first one was good and the second one was the stuff of lore.

Hendo and Belfort split before Belfort won last time out. That's not exactly stuff you're going to be rocking to ten years from now like Lawler-MacDonald II. I'll take quality over parity anyday. 

• Like 1

Tryouts for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter will have women's straweight, women's bantamweight and men's light heavyweight.

I wouldn't be surprised if that got consolidated into women's flyweight, and they basically do what they did with TUF 20 to crown a champion.

If you're doing two teams with 4 LHW males and 4 flyweight females, you don't have to exactly raid anyone. You can find 4-5 decent female fighters (who either fight at 125 or can change weight classes) and get a few ringers.

Now after the season starts, that's when I would expect talent to jump over. Plus, you have girls who don't fight for Invicta who can't make the weight that many times over 6 weeks or there is a language barrier.

Invicta 15 will be 1/16 in Costa Mesa, CA at The Hangar. It will be headlined with Livia Renata Souza defending her strawweight title against DeAnna Bennett. The co-main will be Cris Cyborg vs. Cindy Dandois. It sounds like Cris isn't too happy about this fight being contested at 140 since the date of the event was changed multiple times. We'll have to see about that.

The undercard will feature Irene Aldana vs. Raquel Pa'aluhi, Lisa Ellis vs. Amber Brown, and Angela Hill vs. Jodie Esquibel.

• Like 1

Hasn't she already clowned Dandois? I could have sworn she had. Regardless, it's a waste of time at this point. It's time for her to start making waves in the UFC. Glad to hear that her weight cutting is going well. She said she's only got 3 years left in MMA. Hopefully the UFC money (lol) will keep her around for longer.

Hasn't she already clowned Dandois? I could have sworn she had. Regardless, it's a waste of time at this point. It's time for her to start making waves in the UFC. Glad to hear that her weight cutting is going well. She said she's only got 3 years left in MMA. Hopefully the UFC money (lol) will keep her around for longer.

That was another woman you're probably thinking of. Dandois took a lot of time off because she had a kid. Then she came back and start fighting for Invicta late last year. She was training with Miesha not too long ago.