DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Is there any update on Korean Zombie now that someone mentioned him earlier.

I believe he just started his mandatory 2 year military service not too long ago.

• Like 1

News from UFC Tonight:

Claudinha is 100% healthy and wants to fight at UFC 190. She wanted to fight Esparza, but Esparza is still nursing some injuries and August will be too soon.

Paige VanZant's manager requested a fight for UFC 191 in September.

Islam Makhachev's team wants him to fight Dustin Poirier at UFC 191.

• Like 1

News from UFC Tonight:

Claudinha is 100% healthy and wants to fight at UFC 190. She wanted to fight Esparza, but Esparza is still nursing some injuries and August will be too soon.

Paige VanZant's manager requested a fight for UFC 191 in September.

Islam Makhachev's team wants him to fight Dustin Poirier at UFC 191.

Rose could fight at UFC 190 since she still should be ready to fight.

Mike Bohn @MikeBohnMMA now

Invicta FC has announced that Cris "Cyborg" Justino will defend her 145-pound title against Faith Van Duin on July 9th in Las Vegas

Mike Bohn @MikeBohnMMA 30s

Tonya Evinger also meets Irene Aldana for the 135-pound title while Herica Tiburcio fights Ayaka Hamasaki for Invicta FC's atomweight strap.

• Like 1

The UFC has signed Jessica Aguilar, and she will fight Claudinha at UFC 190.

Excellent news, and that's a great first match-up for her.  Hope she avoids Octagon jitters.  I wonder if what she was talking about with meeting with the UFC on Twitter was a negotiating tactic by UFC.

Great fight and big opportunity for both guys.  Either winner could be fighting for the title at some point.

Also, Ovince St. Preux vs. Glover Teixeira is set as the light heavyweight main event for a UFC Fight Night card in Nashville on August 8.  Big for OSP because he used to play football for University of Tennessee.

So the CBS Sports deal is done?

If there is 8-10 events on Fight Pass, I would assume so. Weren't they coming on like at some ridiculous time like 11 p.m. ET? I know the boxing shows airing on CBS Sports air at a similar time.

That's hilarious considering the Titan FC owner acting like the CBS deal was going to be big shit compared to the stuff on AXS.

I think because there is a surplus of combat sports programming, many of the smaller promotions have become very expendable. The problem is they really should not be considering the source of talent for Bellator and the UFC. Legacy FC and RFA should not be the be-all, end-all for stateside talent especially considering how fast those guys circulate in and out of the UFC. Titan actually has a decent roster, but they don't have those "hey, you probably would watch this" matchups that WSOF can put on maybe once or twice a year like their 8/1 card. You keep them alive, and you can keep tabs on UFC vets you might want to bring back and prospects trying to break in.

• Like 1

At some point, I think there should be like UFC and Titan/RFA/ Legacy FC options written in to guys contracts.  Like say "Hey you can't be in the UFC right now, but you can be in say RFA, Titan or Legacy for a while and build your resume back up to get a quicker shot at coming back."

Visa issues have forced a lot of rearranging. The TUF Brazil 4 finals, the co-main of Story vs. Erick Silva, and a few other bouts have been moved from next week's show to UFC 190. Cara de Sapato vs. Eddie Gordon is the new co-main underneath Machida vs. Romero.

Bellator is co-promoting a show with Glory on 9/19 at the SAP Center:

McGeary vs. Ortiz for the Bellator LHW title

3 Glory kickboxing matches w/ Paul Daley and Joe Schilling

One night LHW tournament with the winner fighting the main event winner at a later date: Emanuel Newton, King Mo, Linton Vassell, Phil Davis (Semis - 2 rounds, Finals - 3 rounds)

The Glory fights will be contested in a ring