DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

At first, Thomson wanted a fight with Ross Pearson and Joe Silva didn't like that I guess. He might end up fighting Ross Pearson anyway. That or Pearson ends fighting Ferguson. It's lightweight so you can pull a name out of a hat and come up with a good matchup.

Guest Edwin

Dana being Dana:

Guy tweets this to Dana:

"@danawhite Get out of my Country you bald Sausage."

Dana replies:

"@andrewgravess calm down fat kid with the one direction hair cut"

Dana being Dana:

Guy tweets this to Dana:

"@danawhite Get out of my Country you bald Sausage."

Dana replies:

"@andrewgravess calm down fat kid with the one direction hair cut"

3dzuv9vtfqlnvc2ienr6.jpeg

Yeah that's an accurate description.

What's funny is he's the same size as Dana but has hair and is younger.  

And you're basing this off what?

Shit, 2001 Dana maybe. Not Muscle and Fitness cover and walking around magically bigger than 70% of the active male roster despite being 45 Dana White.

Shit, 2001 Dana maybe. Not Muscle and Fitness cover and walking around magically bigger than 70% of the active male roster despite being 45 Dana White.

It was just a joke. Let me know how your date with Dana goes.

It was just a joke.

Right.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/MMA-Career-Could-Be-in-Store-for-Decorated-Collegiate-Wrestler-Olympic-Hopeful-Ed-Ruth-79567

This would be the guy I go after if I am Bellator or the UFC. If he doesn't go to Rio somehow, he could be a better signing than Pico (at least short-term).

Update: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2409606-br-exclusive-national-champ-wrestler-ed-ruth-to-pursue-mma-after-2016-olympics

I wonder if Jackson-Winklejohn will have the same deal as ATT has/had with Bubba Jenkins (basically a stipend coming up through the regional circuit) or what Ted Ehrhardt did with Team Takedown.

If he signs with a major organization right off the bat, it would serve whoever signed him best by having him face 1-0, 2-0, and 3-0 regional level guys and getting that out of the way. It's going to be very intriguing in how they would handle it and how much success he has in Rio should he actually go there.

Apparently, Aldo's translator for this leg of the press tour was ex Bellator and current WSOF fighter Saul Almeida. I knew he looked familiar, and he didn't look like some average dude off the street. He looked super pissed when the fans started trolling him. They were...brutal.

"Do you speak Portuguese?"

Big John McCarthy or Herb Dean have to be the ref for the fight since with this much hype and hatred cheap shots after the bell will be plentiful as well as added shots when your opponent is out cool on the mat. How long before someone turns that gif into Conor stealing Lucky Charms from Aldo with a green jacket added to McGregor?

Big John McCarthy or Herb Dean have to be the ref for the fight since with this much hype and hatred cheap shots after the bell will be plentiful as well as added shots when your opponent is out cool on the mat. How long before someone turns that gif into Conor stealing Lucky Charms from Aldo with a green jacket added to McGregor?

Nevada always goes with the biggest names for the big fights. Now the performance of those selected officials and judges is something else entirely.

Yeah but Steve Mazzagatti is still allowed to referee big fights.

Looking at Tapology, Mazzagatti hasn't done a UFC main event since Faber vs. Jorgensen. Before that, Aldo vs. Edgar at UFC 156. Not exactly big fights.

The last UFC they have him working is UFC 168. Since then, all WSOF and one lone Bellator prelim fight.

Yeah but Steve Mazzagatti is still allowed to referee big fights.

Looking at Tapology, Mazzagatti hasn't done a UFC main event since Faber vs. Jorgensen. Before that, Aldo vs. Edgar at UFC 156. Not exactly big fights.

The last UFC they have him working is UFC 168. Since then, all WSOF and one lone Bellator prelim fight.

Hopefully the streak continues.

Doing some research, Dana basically went after him for the Fitch vs. Burkman II stoppage at a UFC 161 media scrum.

But this may be what was the end of Maz in the UFC:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/22/5740048/morning-report-ufc-173-dana-white-steve-mazzagatti-nick-diaz-cormier-barao-mma-news

• Like 1