DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Guest Edwin

Bellator 138 which will be headlined by Kimbo vs. Shamrock will be by known as "Unfinished Business" and will have Chandler vs. Derek Campos as a co-main event.

Bellator 138 which will be headlined by Kimbo vs. Shamrock will be by known as "Unfinished Business" and will have Chandler vs. Derek Campos as a co-main event.

So is anyone picking Vitor to retain?

Anyone?

So is anyone picking Vitor to retain?

Anyone?

I might take a chance depending on the reward for that show. Give me odds or how many points I get if he pulls off the W and we will see.

Re: Dillashaw Pulling out of the Barao fight

A lot of UFC fighters getting rib injuries during training.  Is this some sort of code for failing to cycle?

Rib injuries are not uncommon in boxing sparring and wrestling training (where TJ injured his). It's not exactly a rare thing.

Plus, you have to prove that you're injured to the UFC. You can't make up your own diagnosis or prognosis. You'll notice that many of the top fighters (especially champs) go to a UFC doctor somewhere for a second opinion. So we gotta cool it on the PED talk in relation to actually pulling out of a bout.

BTW, Marquardt vs. Gastelum has been added to UFC 188.

Nick Catone has chosen to retire due to back issues instead of fighting on the UFC card in Newark. Vitor Miranda, who was suppose to fight Catone, pulled out of the fight with a rib injury. A replacement fight will be added to the card.

Well, a few things that may or may not have already been established as time has passed:

- When they worked out the deal, part of the agreement was Cyborg take heed to UFC's suggestion to hire someone to help her get down to 135. It was between Mike Dolce and George Lockhart, who she eventually hired for the Tweet fight. Dolce works with Rousey at the moment so that obviously wouldn't work.

- Once Cyborg beat Tweet, she was soonafter scheduled to fight on the 7/10 Invicta show in LV in conjunction with International Fight Week. That fight WILL BE at 145.

- The hope is she gets down to bantamweight for a fight later in the year. It hasn't been determined whether it will be in Invicta or the UFC. However, the UFC has that luxury to bring her over if they do decide to have her make the bantamweight debut in the UFC. In my opinion, the smartest thing to do is if she goes unscathed in July is have her go against an established name. Preferably, someone who has already fought Ronda and coming off an impressive win at that point. The optimum matchup would be Cyborg vs. Tate as a FOX or PPV co-main. At worst from a marketability standpoint, you can do her versus Zingano or Carmouche if you wanna do Rousey vs. Tate III. If Cris is the same fighter at bantamweight, that will be a live massacre ultimately resulting in crazy buzz no female fight has ever seen in combat sports history. It wouldn't even be close.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Rib injuries are not uncommon in boxing sparring and wrestling training (where TJ injured his). It's not exactly a rare thing.

True, BJJ too.

Plus, you have to prove that you're injured to the UFC. You can't make up your own diagnosis or prognosis. You'll notice that many of the top fighters (especially champs) go to a UFC doctor somewhere for a second opinion. So we gotta cool it on the PED talk in relation to actually pulling out of a bout.

Thank you! The PED talk assumption has been ridiculous. Since beating Pettis, everyone has assumed RDA was on them for the fight.

I think most of those Cyborg announcements have been rumored and expected to be made official for a while now.

I know it was highly rumored she had signed with Zuffa for her last Invicta FC fight with Charmaine Tweet. They also paid her her purse fight money for that fight.

I know it was highly rumored she had signed with Zuffa for her last Invicta FC fight with Charmaine Tweet. They also paid her her purse fight money for that fight.

It was really a move they had to make. IIRC the Invicta deal was coming to an end, and Bellator was starting up their featherweight division. Plus, I don't think she was too happy with how she was trashed through the media. Now they've locked up Cris and been more diplomatic to her, and Gina isn't coming back to MMA anytime soon. So Bellator basically has Marloes Coenen and whoever they can find to lose to Marloes Coenen. Pretty sure that's not exactly what Scott Coker had in mind.

Frank Trevino vs. Johnny Case at UFC 188

Dana White: UFC 189 broken pre-sale records. Topped UFC 100 by 55%. Says gate is at $7 million.

Mike Bohn @MikeBohnMMA 5m

Dana White on UFC 189 ticket sales: 2,300 to Ireland, 1,300 for Brazil and 1,800 to Canada.