DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Yeah, there was immediate swelling and you could tell it really hurt and subsequently threw Pettis off his game. 

Probably sounds like Duke Roufus should've thrown in the towel before round five, but whatever.  Pettis was telling him he couldn't see.

I think it's a bit different from Greg Jackson being a hard ass with GSP in a fight he was winning and dominating and having a sore groin than Duke Roufus sending his "son" back out in a fight he was getting blasted and losing every single with next to no offense and telling him he couldn't see.

Fair point Duke could have probably thrown in the towel but to Pettis' credit even with the concussion and messed up eye Dos Anjos wasn't able to finish him.

Possibly Duke wanted to throw the towel in but Pettis wanted to fight on. When I watched the replay of PPV I'll note which rounds we don't hear Pettis' corner.

At the Aldo/McGregor presser in Rio, Dana announced Rousey vs. Correia offically for UFC 190 w/ Shogun vs. Minotoro II at HSBC Arena. Also, the TUF Brazil 4 finale will be on 6/27.

I remember during a title defense of GSP he told Greg Jackson that he tore his groin in between rounds and Greg told him he didn't give a fuck then to hit his opponent with his groin.

Pretty sure that's from GSP's defense against Thiago Alves at UFC 100.

I recommend watching the entire Rio presser. Even if you hate Conor, the Brazilians fans are really insane. Matter of fact, if you hate Conor then you should watch them try to troll him. Just a crazy atmosphere.

Also, Bethe Correia wearing a dress *ahem* a size too small.

giphy.gif

I recommend watching the entire Rio presser. Even if you hate Conor, the Brazilians fans are really insane. Matter of fact, if you hate Conor then you should watch them try to troll him. Just a crazy atmosphere.

Also, Bethe Correia wearing a dress *ahem* a size too small.

giphy.gif

Yes to all this:

2015032081717.jpg

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

Good stuff indeed. I've changed my opinion on Conor. I think he's a decent character, he's just a bit overrated and I'll just drop it there as I don't want to beat a dead horse.