DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Just checked Joanne Calderwood's twitter she hinted that she should have a fight announced soon and she has been asked tongue and cheekly to stop harassing the UFC matchmaker about when she's fighting next. Maybe tonight's UFC tonight we will hear something.  

Helwani just confirmed JBJ/Rumble, Weidman/Belfort, Cowboy/Khabib for UFC 187 (5/23).

Helwani also just said Phil Davis' contract has expired and he may be a free agent.

Condit/Alves may be made in May or June.

JDS will probably replace Cain if he gets injured and it likely be for the undisputed belt.

Also, it would be stupid to waste one of those fights in Mexico. Anyway, I think they're working on Melendez vs. Alvarez for 188. I don't think they give a shit because they can sell tickets regardless.

Helwani just confirmed JBJ/Rumble, Weidman/Belfort, Cowboy/Khabib for UFC 187 (5/23).

Helwani also just said Phil Davis' contract has expired and he may be a free agent.

Condit/Alves may be made in May or June.

Bellator super fight with King Mo for Davis.  

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Welcome-To-The-Show

JON JONES, CHRIS WEIDMAN, ANTHONY PETTIS, TJ DILLASHAW, DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON, CARLA ESPARZA, FRANKIE EDGAR, URIJAH FABER, LYOTO MACHIDA, LUKE ROCKHOLD AND MORE

The Event Deck at L.A. LIVE – 11 a.m. PT and streamed live at UFC.com
Las Vegas, Nev. – Just hours before UFC® 184, UFC will unveil its second season of action-packed live events at The Event Deck at L.A. LIVE. Twenty top UFC fighters will join UFC President Dana White for the Welcome to the Show launch event at 11 a.m. PT. The Welcome to the Show launch event is free and open to public.

Ronda will be a guest on Conan tonight.

Already got it set to record for tonight. Probably will hype UFC 184 and her being in the SI swimsuit issue. Will post thoughts on what she does talk about later.

Someone on youtube is when she appeared on Attack of the show before it went off the air.

Joanne Calderwood will fight undefeated Maryna Moroz of the Ukraine on the 4/11 Krakow card.

Awesome fight.

I hope they give Jojo a rematch with Rose in the UFC if she wins.

Right now, UFC.com (at least the mobile site) has the Krakow and Adelaide shows as Fight Pass events. I think if the level of UFC on FS1 ratings stays at a certain level (ideally 750k - 900k avg.), I wouldn't rule out more afternoon shows on the channel. The Fairfax show will be a telling one because that's really one of the few shows that doesn't favor west coast viewers including when they changed the PPV time years back.

I watched the Countdown for UFC 184 and I really can't find a reason why anyone would want Zingano to lose against Rousey. She seems very likeable or at the very least much more than a Meisha Tate. Her story is the stuff of movies (well TV movies). More importantly she has deserved it with her wins unless Alexis Davis.

I guess if you are one of those people who cares about UFC profits and marketing then maybe you want Rousey to be unstoppable but personally Cat is much easier to root for. That being said it would be incredible upset

Well, at his point, the UFC has to be behind anyone who can be considered an equal to Ronda. If Zingano won somehow, they would love to market the shit out of the rematch. The one advantage that women's MMA has over the men is that the stigma of "this person was never that good" is not really there yet. That partly can be attributed to the fact looks kinda matter in terms of drawing.