DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

He could've actually won a UFC title had he taken the fight with TJ instead of taking the fight with Frankie in Philippines which he most likely loses.

He could've actually won a UFC title had he taken the fight with TJ instead of taking the fight with Frankie in Philippines which he most likely loses.

I am not exactly sold on Urijah beating Dillashaw, even though I am not exactly convinced all the way with TJ either.

Anyway, Mark Hunt vs. Stipe Miocic will headline the 5/15 (technically May 16) event in Adelaide, Australia.

Faber has proven time after time he's one of the most stable and established fighters in the lighter weight classes and aside from beating Barao, TJ hasn't really done much to prove he's that great of a fighter. I know beating Barao is a huge feather in his cap, but still, I would love seeing him fight someone like Faber, a rematch with Assuncao or against Cruz if he was healthy.

Hunt/Miocic should be awesome. I like Stipe, but I hope we see another Hunt KO.

Faber has proven time after time he's one of the most stable and established fighters in the lighter weight classes and aside from beating Barao, TJ hasn't really done much to prove he's that great of a fighter. I know beating Barao is a huge feather in his cap, but still, I would love seeing him fight someone like Faber, a rematch with Assuncao or against Cruz if he was healthy.

That's why it's 50/50 fight for me. Dillashaw beat the guy who soundly beat Faber, but I would argue Faber most likely fought a less diminished version of Barao. I also have to take into account that Faber can be a slow starter at times.

I will say this though. If Faber knew he could beat Dillashaw, from their experiences in the gym, he would be more adamant about that fight going down. I am not saying that's the be-all, end-all since there are cases where the guy who lost in the gym more frequently won in a live fight (Sonnen-Marquardt comes to mind). However, you know in the back of Urijah's mind that he knows the championship window is gonna close at some point. Maybe TJ loses to Barao, but we could also be looking at someone who just lords over the division like DJ and Aldo. You never know.

Edgar was also offered a title shot at TJ, but he was holding out to wait for the result of Conor vs. Siver to see what happened at 145 and the UFC then decided to make TJ vs. Barao II and he just stepped back and was then offered the fight with Faber.

I think Edgar moving down would've been crazy and I think there's a good chance he would've beat TJ for the title too.

Edgar was also offered a title shot at TJ, but he was holding out to wait for the result of Conor vs. Siver to see what happened at 145 and the UFC then decided to make TJ vs. Barao II and he just stepped back and was then offered the fight with Faber.

I think Edgar moving down would've been crazy and I think there's a good chance he would've beat TJ for the title too.

I was hearing about Faber vs. Edgar before Dillashaw vs. Barao II was remade for Montreal.

I was hearing about Faber vs. Edgar before Dillashaw vs. Barao II was remade for Montreal.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/16/8048411/frankie-edgar-urijah-faber-were-both-offered-title-fights-against-ufc

Your issue is with Greg Savage. He put it out there before everything fell into place for what would have been Faber/Assuncao II and Dillashaw/Barao II.

Edit: For clarity

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50-mma-talk/page-207#entry320605

Fighting in front of thousands live and across the world and making thousands for fighting in the UFC to wrestling in front of 50 people and making $25 for a match.

If anyone wanted to know, the Sakuraba doc on Fight Pass is decent. It's not a ton of stuff you probably didn't know. It is only 24 minutes long and easily formatted to air on FS1 one day. Thus, the documentary hits on all the main points like Sakuraba's link to pro wrestling, the UFC Japan tournament, his early PRIDE run, and the feud with the Gracie family. Since history is written by the winner, it kinda ends on a parting shot directed at PRIDE about how they fed Saku to the wolves later on.

On that though:

The startling thing about this is that comparing present day Sakuraba's countenance to Sakuraba's old footage makes him look like he is 96 years old. I know everyone has to get old one day, but it really looks like they brought in Kazushi Sakuraba's father to discuss Sakuraba. Either that or he got the mumps.

Robert Whittaker vs. Brad Tavares, Anthony Perosh vs. Sean O'Connell, and Jake Matthews vs. James Vick have been added to the Adelaide card

Whittaker vs. Tavares will be the co-main event, plus Bec Hyatt vs. Seo Hee Ham, Dylan Andrews vs. Bradley Scott, Alex Chambers vs. Kailin Curran and Brendan O'Reilly vs. Vik Grujic have also been added to the card.

Okay, that makes more sense. I saw one tweet that said don't expect her to fight anytime soon when it happened so I thought it was serious. At least, serious enough to put someone out for awhile. Shit, she will make it back to the cage faster than a lot of her strawweight compatriots.

Okay, that makes more sense. I saw one tweet that said don't expect her to fight anytime soon when it happened so I thought it was serious. At least, serious enough to put someone out for awhile. Shit, she will make it back to the cage faster than a lot of her strawweight compatriots.

At this time only Carla and Felice will beat her back inside the Octagon.