DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-9-15

MGFanJay

I think putting Bryan with Reigns is probably not going to do either of them any favours.  I was surprised how little reaction there was to Bryan getting speared.  A year ago, they would have booed Reigns out of the building.  Tonight it was more like polite disagreement: "Hey Roman, man, that's not cool..."

I would have put Reigns with Miz after the Royal Rumble, having the Miz run him down about being too young to appreciate the WM main event when Miz has already main-evented WM, and pair the two of them together, because there is no way anyone, smark or non, is going to cheer Miz over Reigns, and you could build up to a series of fun spots with Reigns taking out Miz to build him up for WM.  Then I would have Brock cut promos about how he's leaving WWE, to get the crowd turning back heel against him.

I probably then would have had Rollins/J&J take the tag titles (Freebird rules!) and had Bryan/Cena team up to take them down.

And then put Rusev with Sheamus.

• Like 1

I remember back when they were building up Sting's return to the ring at Starcade and a friend of mine came up with the speculation that Sting and Hogan would have the match and Hogan would win, only it would turn out to be a fake Sting and the win wouldn't count, upon which the real Sting would come down from the rafters, hit the SDD on Hogan, pin him, then take the title and immediately leave.  He said if they did such a thing he'd never watch wrestling again.  This makes me wonder how many angles from that period of WCW they're going to rehash.

The fake Sting-Hunter stuff was just kinda LOL. I think Sting-Taker would have worked much better and they could have build that up just with well thought out promo videos. I remember one where people thought Sting was coming in before, but that turned out to be one for Taker because of the imagery they used. I don't think the Black Scorpion or the Warrior in the mirror type angles ever work, especially now, because you need to have a suspension of belief. Now people just crap over those types of angle, because they are so corny. You have to use an element of psychology they use like in well written dramas, or in good Horror movies, where you get wrapped up in the story and things click into place & make sense. If they did something like a really good promo video with Sting imagery and then have like a bat lay in the ring, or a Sting facemask after the video shows, to close the segment, then that would have been more effective than what they did by using a Fake Sting. 

What turned me off on the show was the Authority using time during their 20 minute opening segment to shill the WWE Network. That shit is getting really old....I kept waiting for Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns to come back with a line about how they can't wait to go home tonight and fast forward -- I mean watch HHH's opening promos on Raw.

I think Vince's complex with the towns he runs broke the goofy-meter. I mean Columbus has an MSA of 2 million people and an NHL team and yet the announcers never said "Columbus" once the entire night. Completely ridiculous.

That Rikishi video was a thing. One of the most agile big men in history, had the company's last true death move (K-Driller) but hey, MOAR ASS.

• Like 1

Heyman's promo was fucking magical and the JYD tribute caused the room to get a tad dusty. 

I can't say that I really give a shit about anything else on the show.

Talk about too little, too late.  BNB gets jobbed to near irrelevance and now suddenly I am supposed to believe that his is important and Dean Ambrose has all of a sudden gives a shit about being an IC champion,  What happened to destroying Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins? 

Paul Heyman is cutting some of the best promos I've ever seen, it's such a shame they're an after thought after all the Authority shenanigans all over the show.

The Miz was so great on this show, he is such a douche. He honestly feels like the most organic heel on the show at this point, I loved him owning the Columbus crowd and also screaming ''get your own moves'' at Mizdow gave me a real life laugh.

Rusev not backing down and actively running out of the ring to smash Cena when he felt disrespected was fucking great, too.

STOP WITH THE HANDICAP MATCHES, they're getting as tedious as all those Shield six mans closing out every show the other year.

• Like 1

WWE may have found a way to kill Daniel Bryan's heat...........

What the fuck is wrong with this company?

If Reigns can't be over, nobody can.

I may be crazy guys, but I don't think that was the real Sting.

I can't wait for the announcers to start channeling their inner Schiavone and believing that every single fake Sting that gets trotted out is the genuine article.

If I cared enough - I would so make a gif of Kane being the consummate professional and making sure to grab the tag rope during the opening match.

And I do enjoy whenever Cena gets indignant over other people making jokes during promos.

• Like 1

Okay - just in case anyone is still in the dark.

From the WON

Seth Rollins had an embarrassing night as allegedly, his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend found a nude photo of WWE developmental wrestler Zahra Schreiber and put it on his social media account, which goes directly to the WWE web site.

Later, the woman, Leighla Schultz then posted a nude photo of Rollins on her twitter account after writing "Zaharah."  

Rollins has since gone on Twitter to apologize to everyone about what happened.

Deadspin has the story and picture. Don't bring that shit here.

That Rikishi video was a thing. One of the most agile big men in history, had the company's last true death move (K-Driller) but hey, MOAR ASS.

Well as I said last night - they do a JYD black history month video and spent half of it talking about his dancing...