DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 60: Henderson vs. Thatch (2/14/2015) - Broomfield, CO (1stBank Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_60_Henderson_vs._Thatch_

UFC Fight Night 60: Henderson vs. Thatch

February 14, 2015

Broomfield, CO (1stBank Center)

Benson Henderson (169) vs. Brandon Thatch (170) - Henderson, SUB (rear naked choke), R4 (3:58)

Max Holloway (145.25) vs. Cole Miller (145) - Holloway, DEC (unanimous)

Neil Magny (170.5) vs. Kiichi Kunimoto (170) - Magny, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (1:22)

Daniel Kelly (185.5) vs. Patrick Walsh (191.5)*** - Kelly, DEC (unanimous)

Michel Prazeres (156) vs. Kevin Lee (155.25) - Lee, DEC (unanimous)

Ray Borg (125.75) vs. Chris Kelades (126)** - Borg, SUB (modified kimura), R3 (2:56)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:

Efrain Escudero (156) vs. Rodrigo de Lima (154.5) - Escudero, DEC (unanimous)

Chas Skelly (145.75) vs. Jim Alers (145) - Skelly, TKO (strikes), R2 (4:59)

Zach Makovsky (125.5) vs. Tim Elliott (125) - Makovsky, DEC (unanimous)

James Moontasri (158)* vs. Cody Pfister (156) - Moontasri, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:49)

*Chose not to reweigh; forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

** Reweighed after weighing 127 on first attempt

***Chose not to reweigh; forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Ray Borg
Performance of the Night: Neil Magny

Fight of the Night: Benson Henderson vs. Brandon Thatch

Attendance: 5,807

Gate: $382,875

Rating: 913,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:

Matt Brown vs. Tarec Saffiedine - Injury to Saffiedine (Groin)

Thiago Tavares vs. Nik Lentz - Injury to Tavares

Brandon Thatch vs. Stephen Thompson - Injury to Thompson (Rib)

James Moontasri vs. Jake Lindsey - Lindsey Moved to Another Card

Nik Lentz vs. Levan Makashvili - Lentz Pulled From Weigh-in Due to Fever

I prefer Makovsky/Elliot over any fight on the main card except for Bendo/Thatch.

Holloway/Magrinho should be entertaining at least.

Also that main card awful aside from the top 2 fights. Magny/Strasser Kiichi should be nowhere on the main card.

I know Benson wants to get the taste of that Cerrone decision loss out of his mouth, but he should not have jumped in to take this fight.

I think he knows right now he isn't a priority, but I agree with that somewhat. I don't think there were a ton of guys who actually would or want to step up to fight Thatch. I'm not saying that people are scare of him, but thinking fighters are only going to do what's advantageous to them. That's why Belfort would not fight Machida when he was guaranteed a shot at the legitimate title. If you're not a Matt Brown type who doesn't really give a shit, there is no real upside to potentially taking a beating and from some unknown guy no less. The guys who would probably take the fight and are actually welterweights are people way below Thatch on the name recognition scale. Wonderboy Thompson is a PPV opener guy. The UFC wouldn't do the fight with someone lower than Wonderboy (as far as name goes). Even in a super emergency situation like the 3/21 Rio card, people still know Demian Maia and would watch him fight. They don't really know LaFlare, hence, why you need Maia in that situation. Sure, there are going to be people that don't watch the show. However, there is that small hook. Benson, on the other hand, is not going to profit from this. Even if he submits Thatch in negative twenty seconds, he ain't getting a title shot at LW and still would be in the same place career wise. It would be just something that got people excited for a few minutes.

Benson being in the main event makes me look more forward to tonight's main event then Thompson but I do love me some WEC.

Benson's hope for LW is someone takes the title from Pettis then he has a chance for another title shot if he strings some wins together or not sure if he can make the cut but drop down to featherweight.

Well, well, well, how do all you cocky motherfuckers feel now?  I've seen this time and time again.  You see guys at weigh-ins and always go for the guy with the bigger muscles.  You all thought Bendo was going to his funeral tonight.  Nope.

MMA is not a bodybuilding contest.  Time and time again, we've seen the smaller, more athletic guys come out on top against the bigger dudes.  

Unbelievable performance by Ben Henderson.  That reminded me of the Ben Henderson who upset Donald Cerrone in the WEC.