DVDVR Message Board

Better Call Saul

Niners Fan in CT

It's also brutal seeing the glimmer of Jimmy still shining on occasion and having that just get bulldozed by Saul. Now he just can't help himself, and it's gonna do something terrible to Kim.

Nacho is still the worst and most fucked though. That dude is so low on the totem pole he's lucky Mike is willing to throw him a bone. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

We all knew going into that meeting he was going to fuck things up somehow, but him dropping that $4 million number along with playing the DVD and seeing how he screwed Kim was legit one of the most shocking things to happen in this series. And saddest too. I just sat there stunned at watching that all play out.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 7:55 PM, RandomAct said:

"This is Mr. X"

"It's my work name."

That was maybe the funniest bit of dialogue I have heard in ages.

TREVOR!  Steven Ogg pretty much only plays one character in everything, but he's great in that role.  So cool to see him come back after one brief scene in season one.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, Log said:

What's the endgame with this stuff Jimmy's pulling on Howard?  I just can't see where that thread is heading.

I assume he just wants to fuck Howard over out of spite, his revenge for Howard making him feel small by offering him a job.

Edited by Technico Support

So Vince is the director for next week's episode. He said it was the hardest thing he's ever directed and Bob Odenkirk said he (Bob) almost died during the filming of it. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm shocked there's already only 3 episodes left.

I'm guessing Nacho's dad gets butchered or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm still in awe. I can't stop thinking about it. You can all be concerned for Kim or Nacho or whatever. But Gus used a chicken hitting a fryer to fry a fried chicken joint. GOAT.

There was an awesome character moment when Gus is setting up his Chicken Bomb when he stops for a second to inspect the cleanliness of the fryer basket. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Good ol' Herr Schuler.  Dude loves him some dippin' sauces.

As someone who is often made hungry by things on TV, that scene got me going like Pavlov's dog. 

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

We sure do know this is the case

Yes. But like a lot of things on this show, I don't think it's the whole story. The offer makes Jimmy feel small. But he's also tried to insulate himself from guilt over Chuck's death by putting it on Howard in his own mind. And that scholarship deal at the end of last season also added some extra seasoning to his issues with Howard, where Jimmy saw a bunch of people who've been perfect citizens their whole lives never letting anyone else into the club.

Deep down, part of Jimmy is still yelling at his brother:

Spoiler

bcs7-jimmy.jpg?resize=768,434

• Like 1