DVDVR Message Board

Better Call Saul

Niners Fan in CT

Raw has officially been bumped to Tuesday nights in my household.

I loved the b&w open and that ending was fantastic.  I was a little surprised at how much this looks like Breaking Bad, but zero complaints there, being that Breaking Bad looks amazing.

Was the black and white Nebraska segment a shout out to the movie?

I didn't think about that. Nice. I also love that they are showing us some present day. I did not know that was going to happen. They need to keep this universe around forever. I want to see Gus in Chile dammit.

I actually haven't watched 'Breaking Bad' (Got mid-way through the first season and it was a heavier watch than I was looking for at the time and just haven't got back to it, I will eventually) but I love Bob Odenkirk, so I thought I'd give this a watch.  Only watched the first episode but I pretty much loved it.  I loved the scene with the twins trying to scam him and you think he's falling for it, then he starts kicking the guy in the leg and drops the great line about his car.

BTW, as a guy who didn't watch 'Breaking Bad', in the black and white open when the guy spots him, comes toward him, then walks right past, is that someone I would have known from BB had I watched it?  Or was it just a random menacing-looking guy.

The 2nd episode was even better than the first!  The courthouse montage was classic BB.

That scene is the desert though!  You see the little things that make Saul who he is, while also understanding that older Saul would have left those dudes out there with Tuco. Holy hell.  Equal parts menacing and hysterical.  "I'll cut off their legs!"

• Like 1

I actually haven't watched 'Breaking Bad' (Got mid-way through the first season and it was a heavier watch than I was looking for at the time and just haven't got back to it, I will eventually) but I love Bob Odenkirk, so I thought I'd give this a watch.

You REALLY need to stop watching this show and go back through BB first.

• Like 2

The desert scene was amazing.  VINTAGE TUCO!  I also loved thinking about the juxtaposition between Saul smooth talking Tuco and Jesse and Walt being completely out of their element when he kidnapped them. 

I'm also digging Tuco's completely sane co-worker.  Who I'm assuming ends up dead, because, well, I'm assuming that everyone not on BB is dead.

I actually haven't watched 'Breaking Bad' (Got mid-way through the first season and it was a heavier watch than I was looking for at the time and just haven't got back to it, I will eventually) but I love Bob Odenkirk, so I thought I'd give this a watch.  Only watched the first episode but I pretty much loved it.  I loved the scene with the twins trying to scam him and you think he's falling for it, then he starts kicking the guy in the leg and drops the great line about his car.

BTW, as a guy who didn't watch 'Breaking Bad', in the black and white open when the guy spots him, comes toward him, then walks right past, is that someone I would have known from BB had I watched it?  Or was it just a random menacing-looking guy.

To echo what Jraq said...dude, you really need to go watch Breaking Bad. Yeah, it's really heavy at times, and I stopped at one point too, but then I got over that shit and watched what is probably the best series of all time.

I actually haven't watched 'Breaking Bad' (Got mid-way through the first season and it was a heavier watch than I was looking for at the time and just haven't got back to it, I will eventually) but I love Bob Odenkirk, so I thought I'd give this a watch.

You REALLY need to stop watching this show and go back through BB first.

I get that it's not ideal, but I'm not a binge-watcher, so there's no way I'm going to put BCS on hold while I watch 62 episodes of Breaking Bad.  That would probably take me 2 years.

Second episode was great.  Loved the desert scene.  I think my favourite part was when he was negotiating down from murder and suggested spraining their ankles and Tuco said break their ankles and he kinda agreed, then Tuco said "Cut off their legs" and Saul tried to argue him back down.