Better Call Saul

Niners Fan in CT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

Seems about right.

On 5/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

If they keep it consistent with BB, Saul either won't know Lalo's dead or potentially goes on believing that no assurance Lalo is dead will ever be reliable and worries he could reappear at any time.

We lose an all-time great villain, but now with that wrapped up they have five episodes to do who knows what with. A fine trade-off. 

This show man. Fucking incredible. Especially this episode and the previous. Kind of fun to know...

Spoiler

...technically Lalo & Howard are in Breaking Bad. You know buried under the lab and what not.

Also how heartbreaking is it that Howard's body will never be found, and worse than that he shares a grave with the guy that killed him?

This show is so good. I have no idea what these last five will even touch on now that the board is getting cleared.

Great GREAT acting from Jonathan Banks in this episode. Just some great facial stuff with him showing how much he is just *over* this life. Him showing a little respect to Howard at the end, acknowledging that he deserved none of this, was great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Holy shit, best hour of TV I've seen in quite a while.  Loved the cat and mouse game of Lalo vs Gus.  LOL @ the Decoy Gus, BTW.  It's also so cool how we probably thought Lalo being taken off the board was some season finale thing, but instead he's done with just as the second half starts.  No idea what we get now but it's going to be nuts.  Such a great show.

Stray observations:

I LOVED Gus making sure Pollos Hermanos was all set for the week WHILE getting a bullet removed from his side

Pollos Hermanos' jingle is sung to the tune of La Cucaracha

So the ABQ police and DEA find the bodies when digging out the superlab?

Edited by Technico Support

5 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Great GREAT acting from Jonathan Banks in this episode. Just some great facial stuff with him showing how much he is just *over* this life. Him showing a little respect to Howard at the end, acknowledging that he deserved none of this, was great.

I was trying to remember if Mike had ever interacted with Howard and if so, how much beyond maybe punching a parking lot ticket. So failing that memory, I took Mike's look and emotions as two fold. One, just the pure annoyance or frustration with Jimmy that he fucked with Howard's life to the point Howard was in the wrong place at the wrong time and two, that Howard was a decent enough guy that didn't deserve to get caught in the cross fire. 

And there's 5 episodes left. Holy shit.

• Like 2

Mike probably also felt bad that pulling surveillance on Jimmy and Kim's condo made Howard's death possible.

I wonder if Howard and Lalo were found when the torched lab was discovered after Gus died. Did the DEA dig that deep while investigating it? Probably not. But maybe!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

I was trying to remember if Mike had ever interacted with Howard and if so, how much beyond maybe punching a parking lot ticket. So failing that memory, I took Mike's look and emotions as two fold. One, just the pure annoyance or frustration with Jimmy that he fucked with Howard's life to the point Howard was in the wrong place at the wrong time and two, that Howard was a decent enough guy that didn't deserve to get caught in the cross fire. 

And there's 5 episodes left. Holy shit.

I think your point is strengthened by Mike saying "that was your plan, right" when talking about planting the cocaine in Howard's car. He sounded so annoyed with that line.

• Like 2

With just five episodes left, I'd guess we're gonna be leaving the McGill timeline next week, moving into BB, and then the final episode or two in the Gene timeline.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swift said:

With just five episodes left, I'd guess we're gonna be leaving the McGill timeline next week, moving into BB, and then the final episode or two in the Gene timeline.

There was a thing with an episode title that was one thing, but then changed that may point to how this'll be structured.

Spoiler

Episode 10 was called "Walt and Jessie" (keeping with the theme of "_____ and ______" episode titles this season), but was then changed to "Nippy", I believe.

Speaking of episode titles and Gilligan's love for theming them, it still sucks that the trademark law fucked up the pattern for season 1.  All episodes were one word titles ending in "O" (uno, mijo, Nacho) but they had to rename the one that was to be called "Jello."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Hmmm...so Breaking Bad era Saul Goodman had hookers frequent his tacky palace. At least he was nice enough to splurge for a nutritious breakfast. I fully expected Mr Mayhew to walk in the door at the end of the episode.

We haven’t seen the last of Slippin Kimmy...she will be in the Gene timeline, IMO.

Gutted. I mean, you knew it was going to happen, but it doesn’t make it any less heartbreaking. I honestly don’t know if I want to finish out the season now. I probably will just to see how it ends, but there was just so much sad closure to so many things. 

And somehow this episode made me dislike Walter even more for what he did to Mike.

• Like 2