DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

I hated the 'Flair in a mental institution' angle at the time, but, damn, that angle has legs.  Now it seems like one of the more memorable (to me) things WCW did in the later years.

Also, it turned out to be sort of a art-imitates-life pseudo-shoot deal, which basically negates my objection that the angle was demeaning Flair.  Flair's done far more embarrassing things in real life.

I hated the 'Flair in a mental institution' angle at the time, but, damn, that angle has legs. Now it seems like one of the more memorable (to me) things WCW did in the later years.

Also, it turned out to be sort of a art-imitates-life pseudo-shoot deal, which basically negates my objection that the angle was demeaning Flair. Flair's done far more embarrassing things in real life.

The thing my friend always brings up in that angle is the random scott hall cameo.

• Like 2

I hated the 'Flair in a mental institution' angle at the time, but, damn, that angle has legs.  Now it seems like one of the more memorable (to me) things WCW did in the later years.

Given that's probably the only time Ric Flair's been on the BBC (Louis Theroux), it kinda is now one of his big moments.