DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING PICTURES

Who was Big Al, anyway?

Al Green, who later wrestled as "The Dog"

Not the same guy.

Also, no booker was responsible for Tank pulling a knife - the story is that was all Tank, who audibly threatened to "fucking kill" Big Al before the camera cut away and the announcers fell apart trying to cover for it.

So unless Meltzer or someone has since come out and said it was all an elaborate work, you can't blame Sully for this one. But you can totally blame him for booking this as a "Leather Jacket On A Pole" match.

Who was Big Al, anyway?

Al Green, who later wrestled as "The Dog"

Big Al is usually credited as being Al Green or Al Poling (911, who wrestled in WCW a few years before the Abbott incident).  The Big Al who wrestled Tank is a different guy, who I've never heard of since (or before).  I'm remembering Big Al as being some friend of Tank's who wasn't a wrestler, but I could be wrong about that.  Not sure if Meltzer said that, or some other dirt sheet or ?

And then there was the time Harry Truman was hanging out with Larry "Bud" Melman.

984188_635784096568445_70484521738157604

I can definitely picture Larry "Bud" Melman as an ineffectual and slightly frightened NWA representative announcing an unpopular ruling, followed by him very slowly getting out of the way after the resulting fight breaks out at the boardroom table.

• Like 1