DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - February 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Guest The Magnificent 7

What an entertaining match. 

Not good for my blood pressure, but that's why the UEFA Cup is much better than the borefest CL of late when it comes to matches worth watching.  Armstrong is a boss.  Guidetti what a lovely finish for the equalizer.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Aye, I would have been bricking it at that free kick.  After the night he had, and seeing Shaqiri had his collar up like a pimp I was expecting the worst.  Good save. 

Shaqiri's build doesn't look natural to me...if you know what I mean. 

Aye, I would have been bricking it at that free kick.  After the night he had, and seeing Shaqiri had his collar up like a pimp I was expecting the worst.  Good save. 

Shaqiri's build doesn't look natural to me...if you know what I mean. 

I love when Ray Hudson said Shaqiri looks like a fire hydrant with legs

I think it was posted in the January thread about wee Jay Beatty scoring a penalty at half time in the Hamilton-Celtic match, well, not only did Hamilton say to him that the match actually finished 3-0 to Celtic and not 2-0 because he scored as well but now he's been nominated for Goal of the Month in Scotland...and he'll probably end up winning too.

I know there's a lot of shitehawks in the modern game but it brings a smile to the face reading about the positive things football can do as well. 

I realise I'm quoting myself but I don't even care.

The kid won. With 97% of the vote.

I can't even imagine the type of dude that comprises the 3% that didn't vote for him.

But still, I love football.

• Like 3

Ashley Barnes of Burnley made a challenge in the 70' minute that was really terrible to see.  He makes a challenge that gets the ball but he the continues the challenge and goes cleats first into the mid shin of Nemanja Matic of Chelsea.  It was the type of challenge where Barnes could have broken Matic's leg.  Matic gets up hugely pissed off and pushes Barnes to the ground and Matic gets sent off with a red.  Benjamin Mee of Burnley ties the game up at 1 with a header in the 81'.  Burnley, a team that's in a relegation battle, needed this result.  I just hate the way it came about and that's amazing because I hate Chelsea. 

I'm very proud of Swansea for their win against Manchester United.  Way to go boys.

It didn't take long for Manchester City to get on the board.  Vurnon Anita commits a foul in the box and Sergio Aguero of Manchester City then scores a penalty shot at 2'.  

I know it's early when I'm typing this (13') but City is making this look way too easy. 

*In Paul Heyman voice*  We hate to say we told you so...but we told you so. (21')

Eat.  Sleep.  Conquer.  Repeat.  (51')

Good God Almighty, Good God Almighty they killed 'em.  As God as my witness, he's broken in half. (53')

It's still February but we have candidates for "Easiest Red Card of the year" and "Most Impressive Wrestling hold in soccer" for 2014-15.

GERMAN SUPLEX-UH HOLD..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/21/worcester-city-shabir-khan-body-slamming-opponent?CMP=share_btn_tw 

His opponent shoulda seen red too for the challenge leadingup to it, but the referee decided to book them, considering he used up a DOWN there ;)

Real screamer by Coutinho.

Bundesliga Day 22 concluded today. Both top teams won their matches (Bayern and Wolfsburg), both widened the gap to third place. Bayern is now eight ahead of Wolfsburg, who are in turn 10 ahead of Gladbach. After that it´s pretty close in the battle for respective spots in Euro- and Champions League.

Both, Bremen and Augsburg, were able to equalize in stoppage time. Augsburg not only took the cake by using the 94th minute against Leverkusen, but also their goal keeper to achieve that.
BEWARE, LOW QUALITY!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2htlkc_augsburg-kalecisi-hitz-94-dakikada-topu-aglara-yolladi_sport

Werder Bremen´s 1-1 draw at Schalke means an unbeaten run of  six games for the Northern Germans, who will host Wolfsburg next week.

Down at the bottom Dortmund manages to claw their way back out of the depths of the Bundesliga with a 3-2 win in Stuttgart. Dortmund looked better than their opposition in every regard, but still showed that they have a long way to go, Three Bundesliga wins in a row is what counts, though, and it´s a first all season in the Bundesliga for Dortmund. Stuttgart needs to make something happen, and they need to do it fast since they are the only team as of now which is more than one game away from the safe zone. Hertha BSC Berlin is the other team who is now on a sport for direct relegation after a 1-2 defeat at Wolfsburg. Paderborn won last week in somewhat surprising fashion in Hannover, but are right back down to earth after being crushed 0-6 by Bayern. Thanks to Freiburg only drawing Hoffenheim at home, Paderborn manage to stay away from sixteenth place which would mean a play off against 2. Bundesliga´s third place. Still quite a few games to go and only three points between 17th and 11th place, so this is long from being over. .

• Like 2

I don't know much about La Liga other than the top three teams but it looks like it's going to be a fun finish. Through 24 games, Real Madrid at 60, Barcelona at 56, and Athletico Madrid at 53.  Juventus looks like they are in control of Serie A 9 points up on Roma, and Lyon is barely hanging on in League 1, up 2 on PSG and 4 on Marseille.

It's still February but we have candidates for "Easiest Red Card of the year" and "Most Impressive Wrestling hold in soccer" for 2014-15.

GERMAN SUPLEX-UH HOLD..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/21/worcester-city-shabir-khan-body-slamming-opponent?CMP=share_btn_tw 

His opponent shoulda seen red too for the challenge leadingup to it, but the referee decided to book them, considering he used up a DOWN there ;)

Jon Walters hit a pretty sweet Belly to Belly against Villa yesterday, but I can't find it online anywhere.