DVDVR Message Board

NHL - February 2015

Dolfan in NYC

nhlnumbers dot com is an okay capgeek replacement if you want one of those.

And yeah capgeek closed totally out of the blue. One day he just put up a thing about having health problems, having no interest in selling the site, please leave him alone, the end. No more site. Hope the guy comes through whatever it is alright.

My verdict on the trade: Jets win because they got rid of a guy they had to get rid of and got good value. They also strengthened their playoff chances. Sabres won because we in theory got the best player in the trade in Kane.

That's just it. The Jets had to trade Kane. Had to. And every team in the league knew it. There's no reason why the league couldn't have waited out the Jets and they would have had to settle for a pile of nothing.

Good trade for both teams. The Sabres had first rounders to spare and included a couple interesting prospects that doesn't leave their cupboard bare. Myers and Bogo are basically mirror images of each other. Same age, came into the league as prospective future Norris candidates, similar skill sets, neither has achieved their potential in the same way. Swapping them out could be beneficial. Or they both could continue to be inconsistent as all hell, in which case who cares? Winnipeg coke dealers are trying to figure out how to make up their loss in profits as we speak.

Kane's an idiot, but he's been given a bum's rush by Winnipeg fans and media since before even playing a game here. It's not a surprise to me that he never felt inclined to really play here. I fully expect him to become the 30 goal man he should have been all along.

I think both sides can walk away happy. What could the Jets have honestly expected to get for Kane that was better?

• Like 1

Was in Columbus last night and I have to say it is the best arena I've ever been to. You are close to the action even up top, plenty wide concources and great concessions (full Tims stand and Skyline chili fries) that are reasonably priced. Really enjoyed that place and look forward to visiting it again. At the Joe tonight. The men's rooms actually have pee trougths. Can see why they are going to replace it because the nice concource is the only difference between this place and Nassau. Did get a free t-shirt so that was nice.

Was in Columbus last night and I have to say it is the best arena I've ever been to. You are close to the action even up top, plenty wide concources and great concessions (full Tims stand and Skyline chili fries) that are reasonably priced. Really enjoyed that place and look forward to visiting it again. At the Joe tonight. The men's rooms actually have pee trougths. Can see why they are going to replace it because the nice concource is the only difference between this place and Nassau. Did get a free t-shirt so that was nice.

The worst thing about the MTS Centre, versus the old Winnipeg Arena, is the lack of piss troughs. You could line up 30 dudes and be through in 10 seconds. Now you have to stand in line like a douche all intermission waiting for a fancy pants "urinal".

• Like 1

Would you trade two first round draft picks for Paul Gaustad and Cody Franson (who is very likely a rental)?

David Poile would.

Of course, if the Preds actually make a big playoff run, it looks good. With Pekka Rinne in net who is to say that can't happen? This is the first chance they have had in a while to actually make moves for today instead of tomorrow.

*Buffalo trades Buffalo*

*Edmonton injures all their goalies*

This is the strangest game of poker ever.

EDIT: "They" are saying Scrivens can be back for the next game against Boston but man, it's thin ice around here these days.

it's the greatest tank battle since WWII (or Penguins/Devils if you want to stick with hockey references)!

I know ratings dictate it but the Sabres always beeing on national television has morphed into some sick joke on American hockey fans. Sabres-Devils games should be dropped on ISIS.

*snipped to save us from sore necks*

dylan.gif

Panthers are only 3 points back of Boston with a game in hand.

Meanwhile, the Kangs have moved into a playoff position for the first time in forever. The Western wildcard race is toight. 

It would not thrill me, as Calgary may be the only team in the playoff picture that Vancouver could beat in a 7 game series right now. Maybe da Jets, maybe (sorry guys). As a matter of fact, I would be totally cool with the Kings just missing the playoffs entirely. I've seen enough of their low event, grinding style to last me a life time.

It would not thrill me, as Calgary may be the only team in the playoff picture that Vancouver could beat in a 7 game series right now. Maybe da Jets, maybe (sorry guys). As a matter of fact, I would be totally cool with the Kings just missing the playoffs entirely. I've seen enough of their low event, grinding style to last me a life time.

I think you could make that argument with their first cup, but not last year. With Quick being so shaky, every one of their games was 5-4, 4-3. I really love watching the Kings in the playoffs, such ferocious forecheckers, to me they play the most exciting style of "playoff" hockey. They can make it every year as far as I'm concerned.

I've watched five Kings games this year and most of them had fewer than 60 combined shots. Fuck that noise. That game against Torranah in January was one of the worst hockey games I can remember watching in recent memory (and I endured Tortorella's Canucks!). And for all the dick riding people did on Jon Quick a few years ago, that absurd .929 SV% season was a complete anomaly. I do not like that team.