DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Punk was the only one who spoke out about it at the time, but the Network cutting into everyone's pay was bound to cause some chaos.  I wonder if that's why Brock walked out of Raw the other night. 

I'm thinking this is the case, but then again I'm not sure what Brock's contract is set up like.

I'm pretty sure Brock's biggest cause for being upset was he was flown in for RAW then due to rewrites wasn't used. Since he wasn't used because of a last minute change, he wasn't getting paid. Vince probably said "haha sorry pal" and Brock tried to kill him

• Like 1

And while I don't believe this to be true (but, gosh, do I hope it is), WWE doesn't have any requirements that they release info regarding their wellness policy, do they? All the PWinsider story says is that WWE claims the story to be 100% false.

Meltzer has explicitly said/implied on various occasions that the wellness violations are sometimes dependent on the wrestler's standing in the company.  I remember him noting that Rey Mysterio's second violation was announced the week after WrestleMania, and that the company had been trying to get him to work WM up till the 11th hour (it was heavily implied the test result would have disappeared if Rey had worked WM).  He also said that Orton could have been "saved" from his second strike, but Vince and Hunter were annoyed with Orton's attitude and wanted to teach him a lesson.  

I've generally get the impression that Meltzer thinks it would be a miracle of some sort if a Cena or Rock-level star tested positive  (assuming it is not a lab error). 

The board NEEDS this rumor to be true. Reigns has been tearing us apart!

Is his timing that flawed? Our respect runs so dry. Yet there's still this appeal, that we've kept through our lives....

I wish Reigns were as amusing as his push has been. How WWE fans react to whatever WWE does is almost always more interesting to observe than whatever it is that WWE actually does.

• Like 3

I'd be absolutely blown away if WWE handed Roman a piss cup at anytime since he came back. Roman failing and still having to wear a vest to cover his flabby stomach be would kinda funny, he clearly needs to get on some new stuff, if this is true.

tumblr_nbck1oI5WK1ts4sggo1_250.gif

Yeah I gather the gif is old but from the look of his arms recently, I can't imagine him looking like the Usos under that vest. I don't know what spawned the Roman is flabby shit to begin with.

If he still looks like that and isn't hiding anything then the vest is absolutely ridiculous, it looks dumb and isn't being used to cosmetically cover him up. I thought I remembered him getting it ripped off when he and the Shield got beaten down and that was what started it.

• Like 2

I'd be absolutely blown away if WWE handed Roman a piss cup at anytime since he came back. Roman failing and still having to wear a vest to cover his flabby stomach be would kinda funny, he clearly needs to get on some new stuff, if this is true.

tumblr_nbck1oI5WK1ts4sggo1_250.gif

Yeah I gather the gif is old but from the look of his arms recently, I can't imagine him looking like the Usos under that vest. I don't know what spawned the Roman is flabby shit to begin with.

Because when his vest was pulled off, he wasn't so much flabby, but he had a decent amount of loose skin.

If Roman Reigns was in Cena's position chasing Rusev he would be getting great reactions from everyone.

That's the level he is at right now - Upper midcarder being prepped for "The Push"

It's not a 'We want Bryan' thing. It's a 'Roman isn't ready' thing. Bryan just happened to be the most obvious replacement from a booking perspective.

If they had kept Cena and Lesnar apart between SummerSlam and now then Cena v Lesnar would be a perfectly acceptable main event.

• Like 1

L_W_P, on 25 Feb 2015 - 6:06 PM, said:L_W_P, on 25 Feb 2015 - 6:06 PM, said:

If Roman Reigns was in Cena's position chasing Rusev he would be getting great reactions from everyone.

That's the level he is at right now - Upper midcarder being prepped for "The Push"

It's not a 'We want Bryan' thing. It's a 'Roman isn't ready' thing. Bryan just happened to be the most obvious replacement from a booking perspective.

If they had kept Cena and Lesnar apart between SummerSlam and now then Cena v Lesnar would be a perfectly acceptable main event.

Can you imagine if they had rebuilt Cena up slowly from the Summer Slam massacre until Mania when he finally goes up against the guy who gave him the beating of a lifetime? Instead Vince blew it off the week after on Raw when he killed the Wyatt's lol.

Reigns/Rusev or Shield triple threat would've been perfectly fine for him this year. Bryan/Lesnar is still THE match though. I would've also dug Cena/Reigns.

so Fantasy booking the idea of Cena not getting the rematch till Mania which of these is the better way?

1) Cena stays around but builds himself back up by starting of in a tag team theb U.S. title then IC?

2) Cena off tv maybe the occasional taped package of him working out or watching tape then at the rumble at the 20th spot Cena's music hits?

Listening to Jericho's pod today with meltzer, they discussed the idea roman beating brock has been in the cards since brock beat taker and not following through would tarnish breaking the streak.

Wait, what?  Roman beating Brock if anything tarnishes the streak ending more than if these two never fought in the first place.  Wouldn't Lesnar come off as an even bigger badass and thereby protect Taker's legacy more if he murdered Roman at WM?

Lesnar doesn't need the win, if anything he's TOO protected, and totally above anyone else on the roster.

I take full responsibility for any crazy ass wrestling news that breaks in the next month. I forgot that everything goes to hell when I subscribe to the Observer and took them up on the $4 introductory month.

• Like 1