DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Didn't Cesaro say on Austin's podcast recently (or maybe Austin was just recounting an off-air conversation with Cesaro) that heels aren't allowed to cheat anymore?

Yeah, Austin said that. Heels can't do anything rasslin wise that a heel would be expected to do.
I thought they were specificaly talking about the reverse mule kick.

He was, but the implication was that heel behavior in general isn't allowed.

How are they supposed to get over as heels then? Ohhhhhhhhhh it makes sense now, taking the piss out of of *insert city's sports team*

So, all kidding (man, Samoa Joe is so fat he was playing Hungry Hungry Hippos, got jealous, and ate all the marbles himself) aside, where does Joe go from here? Is it ROH or bust at this point? Put me in the camp that REALLY would love to see him drop some weight and finish out his career as "grumpy old Joe who will kill you" but no motivation, well, look at him now.

But when it happens it's always a major plot point. You don't see "incidental" cheating like hair pulls and chokes anymore. Eye pokes have graduated from standard heel transition to move-of-death on par with a low blow.

Joe was the best wrestler in the world for a year or two.  That alone should be enough to earn him a run in NXT.  Who knows?  Maybe he gets super motivated and gets the call up.  Maybe not, but a guy who was that good will always deserve a chance.

Assuming WWE doesn't need two work rate fat guys

Every promotion ever needs more fat guys who can work.

• Like 3

Yeah, Lucha Underground + indies (PWG) is what came to mind for me. It makes perfect sense. Isn't Joe trying to run a restaurant? Or is that already a thing?

I'm most likely going to see Teddy Hart & Chris Hero vs Joe & MVP next month. Strange match on paper, but sounds like it could be fun.

I'll say it again, just for sake of discussion: Joe still lives in Cali, he could work Lucha Underground for one date a month and do the rest of his life stuff and wrestle in PWG there. Him in Lucha Underground is really a great fit for him IMO.

WWE's not going to pay him what he wants just to stick him on NXT.  Only way I can see Joe in the WWE is if he's fast-tracked to the main roster. 

Joe was the best wrestler in the world for a year or two.  That alone should be enough to earn him a run in NXT.  Who knows?  Maybe he gets super motivated and gets the call up.  Maybe not, but a guy who was that good will always deserve a chance.

Re-package Bull Dempsey as a Samoan. Hey, if Haku's kid can be passed off as Mexican, Bull Dempsey can be Samoan. Wax his chest hair and send him to the tanning salon. Pair him with Joe and have the traditional, fat Samoans go after the Uso's for their new age in-shape Samoan bullshit.

I would give my hard earned money to watch a promotion that was nothing but fat guys who can work.

• Like 1

Heyman retweeted Joe's statement about leaving, with a "Hmmm" before it. Let's not forget that a few months ago, Triple H and Samoa Joe followed each other on Twitter then quickly un-followed each other.

I think Joe in WWE is more likely than people want to think.

I would give my hard earned money to watch a promotion that was nothing but fat guys who can work.

So.....Mid-South?

• Like 1

Isn't Joe trying to run a restaurant? Or is that already a thing?

That's like a crackhead running a...uh...place that sells crack or whatever.

Hey, if Abdullah the Butcher and Bam Bam Bigelow can, although Bigelow's ended up closing, I don't see why Joe can't. Joe probably makes some kick ass Polynesian barbecue.

Isn't Joe trying to run a restaurant? Or is that already a thing?

That's like a crackhead running a...uh...place that sells crack or whatever.

Well, like they say, the best way to make a small fortune owning a restaurant is to start with a large fortune.

• Like 1

I don't see any downside from WWE's perspective in regards to bringing Joe in for a look. The worst case scenario: he's on NXT a few months and has good matches w Zayn, Balor, Itami, Owens, et al. The best case? A motivated worker who can get good ,watches out of pretty much everyone on the roster...

• Like 1