DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Probably not the greatest comparison as fans took to Graham pretty quickly. The main point of comparison is that here we had a guy that obviously couldn't go Broadway with anyone, a complete departure from what the fans had been educated to look for in a World champ. No question but that he was hot-shotted to the title whether ready or not. Just as Graham turned out to be fine in the role; I expect the same scenario plays out for Reigns if booked properly. I'm rolling my eyes at the thought of his first feud being with the Big Slow, as that one's already played out. Far more interesting to have him beat Lesnar, have Rollins cash in and essentially steal the belt from an exhausted Reigns and let Roman spend the summer chasing Rollins to finally get the belt at one of the big fall/winter shows. The key phrase here of course is "if booked properly". Chasing Rollins for a time would be great and allow for any number of Authority-backed roadblocks to get in the way and then once he has the strap you just go to "booking Hogan 101", double-teams, triple-teams, monster of the month. Could be pulled off very easily.

Gotcha, thanks. Not the best choice for the champ but it could all work out. I agree with your proposed scenario. Far better to give him a Title Chase, something to overcome (a quest, perhaps?). Just don't make him get out-witted or -maneuvered at every turn, OK? And keep Cena busy, too. Bryan can take care of himself, if he must.

- RAF