DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Man, I don't agree with Gregg at all, but I really feel for him when some of you start to gang up on him and make it personal.

Yep. I'm making it personal with "Sorry your favorite play-fighter lost. Hope things go better for you."

That was in retalition to your post and you know it.

You're a treasure as well.

Thank you.

OMG WHY U RETALITNG ME

Ugh. Nevermind. You win again, dude. Jesus....

Man, I don't agree with Gregg at all, but I really feel for him when some of you start to gang up on him and make it personal.

Yep. I'm making it personal with "Sorry your favorite play-fighter lost. Hope things go better for you."

You mean the post were he asked a legitimate question?

No. The "You're a treasure" post.

And also, the WWE's champions list since the Hogan era includes Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Eddy Guerrero, CM Punk, Mick Foley, Edge, Jeff Hardy and Daniel Bryan. None of those guys are bodybuilders at all

Can we get past the "Vince only likes muscle guys?" talking point that any shred of evidence shows is false?

Please.

Most of the guys in that list got roided up in order to qualify for a world title push.  One of them was so roided up he died.  Get out of here with this disingenuous bullshit.

I'm not a gimmick poster. At all. I'm outnumbered 25-3 or so here. I hate the Comic Shop Guy fandom that the WWE Universe has become. Everything is consistently the "worst booking ever" and the like. It's boring and trite. How many of you have taken the time somewhere to write about wrestling you actually like? I don't follow Japan or the indies or lucha so I haven't seen those forms. I've written a bunch of stuff about things I don't like on Raw. I hate most of the Divas division and how they're used. The Rumble was poorly structured and with some better pacing could have been amazing.

Honestly for those who get outraged about this -- Do you have fun watching wrestling at all anymore? Even with our beloved NXT, no one can go five seconds without saying "Why can't Raw be like this?" Yes. NXT is better. But can you just enjoy NXT without having to think about what you hate for a second?

How many of you write about wrestling you actually LIKE? I don't follow Japan/indies/lucha so I don't check those forums, so maybe all the "This is great!" is there. But a lot of you spend so much energy writing various ways of THIS SUCKS AND IS THE WORST!!! Please, for your own sense-of-self, find some fun when discussing play-fighting.

• Like 3

The Reigns thing is all consuming. No matter how hard we try, it just drags us back in. It's tearing us apart!!!

When are we going to get around to talking about Wyatt v. Taker and Sting v. HHH? I don't know many people looking forward to either of those matches. 

I guess there really is only one main event at Wrestlemania. 

And also, the WWE's champions list since the Hogan era includes Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Eddy Guerrero, CM Punk, Mick Foley, Edge, Jeff Hardy and Daniel Bryan. None of those guys are bodybuilders at all

Can we get past the "Vince only likes muscle guys?" talking point that any shred of evidence shows is false?

Please.

Most of the guys in that list got roided up in order to qualify for a world title push.  One of them was so roided up he died.  Get out of here with this disingenuous bullshit.

There's a difference between using steroids and having a roid frame. That's what I meant. None of them looked like The Ultimate Warrior or Hogan or Diesel or Taker or Kane. There are plenty of smaller framed guys/shorter guys who had big runs.

I'm not a gimmick poster. At all. I'm outnumbered 25-3 or so here. I hate the Comic Shop Guy fandom that the WWE Universe has become.

Yes yes, you love wrestling. That's why you call it "play-fighting" when you want to denigrate someone's contradictory opinion. That's why you explicitly state that everyone who disagrees with you isn't watching wrestling right. Totally not a gimmick.

• Like 5

You mean the one after Greg responded with "maybe they did it to rile you up?"

Please.

There's a difference between using steroids and having a roid frame. That's what I meant. None of them looked like The Ultimate Warrior or Hogan or Diesel or Taker or Kane. There are plenty of smaller framed guys/shorter guys who had big runs.

Your point was Benoit, Eddie, Rey, blah blah "prove" that Vince likes more than just muscle guys.  My point is that Vince wouldn't have pushed any of them if they hadn't become muscle guys.  Fuuuuuuck.  You are the most willfully obtuse person here.

I don't think that was an unreasonable suggestion. Wrestling oftens does things to rile up the audience.

I don't think that was an unreasonable suggestion. Wrestling oftens does things to rile up the audience.

So WWE's plan was to piss of there "smart" fanbase during the Rumble, in Philly no less, in what was supposed to Reigns crowning moment. If Greg is right in suggesting that, why is he defending the booking, because it was a incredibly idiotic decision that went about as well can be expected.

Please.

Your point was Benoit, Eddie, Rey, blah blah "prove" that Vince likes more than just muscle guys.  My point is that Vince wouldn't have pushed any of them if they hadn't become muscle guys.  Fuuuuuuck.  You are the most willfully obtuse person here.

Is this really needed?

• Like 1

Please.

Is this really needed?

In the Rumble thread you insinuated anyone who didn't like Reigns winning was more or less just an Indy mark who only cheers for guys we watched in gyms. So you kinda brought in on yourself.

In Gregg's defense, he spent a year getting shit on every week for not hating everything that wasn't "Put the title on Daniel Bryan" by most of the board, including myself.  

He's damn near a saint he didn't break and mouth off sooner.

Honestly for those who get outraged about this -- Do you have fun watching wrestling at all anymore? Even with our beloved NXT, no one can go five seconds without saying "Why can't Raw be like this?" Yes. NXT is better. But can you just enjoy NXT without having to think about what you hate for a second?

How many of you write about wrestling you actually LIKE? I don't follow Japan/indies/lucha so I don't check those forums, so maybe all the "This is great!" is there. But a lot of you spend so much energy writing various ways of THIS SUCKS AND IS THE WORST!!! Please, for your own sense-of-self, find some fun when discussing play-fighting.

There are a bunch of people here that are positive for the most part. Maybe you haven't noticed but you seem to argue with the same 4 or 5 people all the time. Question is why don't you notice the others?

• Like 1

Please.

Is this really needed?

In the Rumble thread you insinuated anyone who didn't like Reigns winning was more or less just an Indy mark who only cheers for guys we watched in gyms. So you kinda brought in on yourself.

I apologize for that. I think I did in that thread, too. But, yeah, I was out of line. That said -- this is a completely different thread.

Can not every thread be about me? It's really dumb and I don't like it.