DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Nonsense. Baron Corbin is the hero WWE needs and deserves.

Just wait until Baron Corbin gets his version of a 3 wolves t-shirt.

Will it be three wolves AND a moon? Maybe three wolves, a skeleton Indian chief and a dream catcher?

Again, all this Reigns criticism doesn't need to be complicated busllshit analysis. It just boils down to 'he isn't Bryan Danielson.' I don't care what asshole you pushed instead, it would still be that criticism of the guy. Yes, there are still losers who call him that because they are too cool for school.

That's really what it boils down to.  There's nothing wrong with Roman.  You may not like how he's been booked and think he isn't ready, but the guy himself is fine.  But he's not Bryan, and for many (I'm not saying everyone feels that way, so don't get it twisted), that makes Roman worthless.

Thing is--even if Roman were to pushed down to NXT and ultimately fired, that wouldn't make Vince choose Bryan as his guy.  Vince would probably choose someone else--again.

All these people saying to cheer for Bryan when Roman comes out are wasting their time IMO.  They think if they boo Roman enough, his career will be destroyed and Bryan will get booked into the main event.  That's not how it works.

I'm not saying anyone has to like Roman. Just know that even if Vince cools off with him, Vince can still go in any non-Bryan direction.

He'd pick Rollins. I'd say the pecking order is Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, Ambrose, Rusev, Bryan

Ramsey, on 26 Feb 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

The company hears two things and two things only, the cash register and the main stream media.

Bryan was a part of the World series and Super Bowl winner's parades. There are sports teams from every sport doing his chant. He could've been in the Rock's seat next to Oprah at the Oscars, and the WWE still would act like he's not a big enough star.

I think the criticism of Reigns and the misuse of Bryan are two separate issues that happened to clash at the worst possible time. Which is the kind of thing a forward thinking company would've realized and booked around.

They did...sort of. Unfortunately their idea of "booking around it" is "Ok, how can we get you all to stop caring about Bryan?"

Ramsey, on 26 Feb 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

The company hears two things and two things only, the cash register and the main stream media.

Bryan was a part of the World series and Super Bowl winner's parades. There are sports teams from every sport doing his chant. He could've been in the Rock's seat next to Oprah at the Oscars, and the WWE still would act like he's not a big enough star.

It is nothing new. Mysterio was under pushed for how over he was at the time. Stop being such a title mark. Bryan can have a great career like Mysterio bringing high level match quality to the shows.

"Hey, let's make the fans not care about that guy who headlined about 10 PPVs the past two years, ended more Raw segments than anyone in a decade other than John Cena, and booked to win two matches at WrestleMania, ending the show in triumph."

Uh huh. I'm sure that's the thought process there. That makes a lot of sense.

Also, don't you want as many top level guys as possible? That has been a complaint for ages -- that the WWE hasn't made new stars. Well, guess what? They're trying really hard with Roman. And he's been doing a pretty great job since things got rocky for him. And, aside from one of two really bad promos, most of his stuff was just sorta there and inoffensive and updates about his health.

I really don't like this revisionist history some people have about how he was essentially carrying the water for Ambrose and Rollins in The Shield. Absolutely nothing could be more false. Roman was a great -- GREAT -- tag worker. And not just in trios matches. He and Rollins were great when Ambrose was in the PS Hayes/US Title spot in the team.

"Hey, let's make the fans not care about that guy who headlined about 10 PPVs the past two years, ended more Raw segments than anyone in a decade other than John Cena, and booked to win two matches at WrestleMania, ending the show in triumph."

What's your explanation for Bryan going out of the Rumble when he did, then?

And also, the WWE's champions list since the Hogan era includes Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Eddy Guerrero, CM Punk, Mick Foley, Edge, Jeff Hardy and Daniel Bryan. None of those guys are bodybuilders at all

Can we get past the "Vince only likes muscle guys?" talking point that any shred of evidence shows is false?

To get you all riled up? Because they have a plan for Roman Reigns and want Bryan to do something else for a bit? Because Bryan just came back from a year-long injury? And then after Mania season starts-up, they'll see where he's at physically and go from there?

Nonsense. Baron Corbin is the hero WWE needs and deserves.

Just wait until Baron Corbin gets his version of a 3 wolves t-shirt.

Will it be three wolves AND a moon? Maybe three wolves, a skeleton Indian chief and a dream catcher?

The Rad Wolf is going to be around for awhile. I don't see why future iterations of his shirt couldn't feature those things.

• Like 1

To get you all riled up?

You are a treasure.

• Like 1

To get you all riled up?

You are a treasure.

Look, I'm sorry your favorite play-fighter lost. Hopefully things will be better for you.

• Like 1

To get you all riled up? Because they have a plan for Roman Reigns and want Bryan to do something else for a bit? Because Bryan just came back from a year-long injury? And then after Mania season starts-up, they'll see where he's at physically and go from there?

This probably is their thought process, but I think it's wrong. Bryan is hotter than Roman right now. And coming back from injury, more people wanted to see Bryan vs. Brock than Roman vs. Brock. WWE was given a gift, and they threw it away to go with their original plan, which I think is a worse option. I don't hate Roman, but going with Bryan was the much easier (and hotter) option for them.

To get you all riled up?

You are a treasure.

Look, I'm sorry your favorite play-fighter lost. Hopefully things will be better for you.

The funny part is you say this sort of thing and then act all wounded when people call you out for trolling. Last of the gimmick posters.

• Like 8

FUCK YOU BOTH.

MORE TALK ABOUT BARON CORBIN. OR ANYTHING ELSE.

I kinda love Corbin. Go watch that tag match he was in with Sawyer Fulton against Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger (RIP). I have to rewatch it. But my first take was that it was REALLY good.