DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Ya know for as bad as WWE has booked Reigns...the two biggest things people will now hold against him did not come from WWE.

First you have Punk telling the "Make Roman look strong" story and now this drug test failure rumor. Next "smart" mark town they go to the moment Reigns comes out, "steroids" will be chanted. I'm gonna feel really bad for Reigns come Wrestlemania.

Was watching the 'Best of Nitro' doc that's on Netflix still and had left the subtitles on from whatever I'd watched last time.  And it was the "Well we've got a great main event for you..." opening and was subtitling everything but when it got to Ted DiBiase it subtitled it as "Everybody's got a place..." and I thought how different DiBiase's career would have been if instead of a rich dude who bought his way to the top, he was just a guy who invited himself over to people's homes.  "Look, I'm sorry Mr. DiBiase, we only have three chairs!" "Everybody's got a place...for the Million Dollar Man."

Also, Steve McMichael just referred to Hulk Hogan as a "technician" in the ring.

That could just play into his character. He just shows up at random houses and announces that it's his new summer/winter residence.

If Russo were booking, the Divas would go off script on RAW. School girl 30 seconds in, Paige shoot kicks out, and then the announcers freak out the rest of the match.

Then in hour 2, mud. 

Hour 3 would be a pregnancy angle, and the whole thing would be forgotten by the overrun,

• Like 2

Was watching the 'Best of Nitro' doc that's on Netflix still and had left the subtitles on from whatever I'd watched last time.  And it was the "Well we've got a great main event for you..." opening and was subtitling everything but when it got to Ted DiBiase it subtitled it as "Everybody's got a place..." and I thought how different DiBiase's career would have been if instead of a rich dude who bought his way to the top, he was just a guy who invited himself over to people's homes.  "Look, I'm sorry Mr. DiBiase, we only have three chairs!" "Everybody's got a place...for the Million Dollar Man."

Also, Steve McMichael just referred to Hulk Hogan as a "technician" in the ring.

Well, compared to Mongo, isn't everyone?

Oooooh boy, this was on Reddit but was taken down because there was no verification, but it seems pretty detailed to be just some guy's line of bullshit. But, y'know, take it with a grain of salt and whatnot:

"First, Brock Lesnar was not expected to put over Roman Reigns on the microphone nor was he expected to be part of the segment that featured Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman putting Reigns over. Rather, Lesnar was expected to be a part of the main event. Lesnar's walkout occurred in the hour or so following the Bryan-Heyman-Reigns segment. It is this reason why literally nothing of particular note to Reigns occurred in the main event aside from the Bryan tag-in which the commentators quickly put over as a bit of retaliation of what happened pre-Fast Lane now that they're all buddy buddy (Bryan-Reigns).

Daniel Bryan was made aware of the situation before he cut his promo. Before Bryan did the professional thing that was required of him, putting Reigns over, you can clearly see much more intensity in the promo. That was the makings of a very good promo. It was also cut straight from the hip from a guy who feels legitimately robbed of his main event status at Wrestlemania for the chosen one who really fucked up in a pretty big way.

Reigns failed the WWE's drug testing policy. The higher ups in the WWE were made aware of Reigns's failure early Monday morning.

Clearly all involved are very disappointed in Reigns. It has brought back discussion of Jeff Hardy's drug test failure prior to Wrestlemania XXIV where it was highly likely that he was to win his first championship (which was delayed until Armageddon in December). Many feel that Reigns should be forced to forfeit his position at Wrestlemania and take the suspension. However, Vince McMahon is backing "his boy" and made the decision not to suspend him as there is more than 30-days to go before Wrestlemania.

However, given the current situation in the UFC with the steroids controversy, Brock Lesnar is beyond infuriated with that decision. His legitimate fear is that should he choose to return to the UFC, quite likely given the money that Dana is offering, his Wrestlemania main event status against Roman Reigns links him directly to failed drugs tests in the media. It's a guilty by association issue for Brock and a perfectly understandable one.

Lesnar has demanded that Reigns be replaced preferably with Daniel Bryan or John Cena, both of whom he is happy to put over given their popularity. Lesnar does not particularly care if the much smaller Bryan were to defeat him - it's a non-issue due to the known 'scripted' nature of professional wrestling - as it wont effect his UFC reputation. Again, Vince McMahon has said that Reigns would not be replaced in the main event of Wrestlemania. Lesnar walked out."

• Like 2