DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Are AJ's tweets really deleted if you can still view them under the "Tweets & replies" link? Because they're still there.

Whoops!

I can't wait till Steph takes AJ and Twitter to court over these comments.

AJ is right in theory, but Arquette's speech wasn't exactly about equal pay for people on TV. AJ can make more signing autographs at comic shows than a lot of people will working 40 hours a week. Her and Punk (and Cabana) have some hilarious lack of perspective about unfair treatment. 

In any event nothing on Earth would make me happier than seeing an AJ/Steph feud that culminates in a match where Steph looks like a Grizzly Bear mauling a small child.

I'm picturing this and adding in generic roaring grizzly bear noises and giggling to myself.

AJ is right in theory, but Arquette's speech wasn't exactly about equal pay for people on TV. AJ can make more signing autographs at comic shows than a lot of people will working 40 hours a week. Her and Punk (and Cabana) have some hilarious lack of perspective about unfair treatment.

Wealthy people can never be upset about anything, I guess.

• Like 3

Wealthy people can never be upset about anything, I guess.

Yes, I don't think that AJ's higher profile and money-making ability erase the fact that she and other women get less opportunity than they should. 

I lean that it's just AJ going off on her own if only because I'm not sure how a "WWE discriminates against women" angle is a good idea. It could work, but would need the sort of subtlety and self-awareness that the writers on the main shows can't drum up. Also, it would take WWE actually giving their women a chance to reach a dedicated audience beyond having arguments and moments of lipstick lesbianism on Total Divas. 

• Like 1

in the spirit of #GiveDivasAChance...

it'd be a hilarious mindfuck on the audience if they had an squadron of Divas takeover RAW and had a 2 hour run with 6 Divas matches, and the only match involving men being an 8-man tag that goes for 2 minutes.

In the spirit of things, Corey Graves got eaten alive today for trying to use #givedivasachance as a way to try to market NXT, along with some general dumbfuckery and typical WWE hypocrisy.

Why, exactly, are people upset with him? Is "#GiveDivasAChance" not about wrestling?

Basically, he tried to use the old "they'll make their own chance" argument, which sounds way too much like "get yourself over".  He went on to say something along the lines of "just look at the women in NXT", which is a fair point, but he was ripped a new one because the whole hashtag was created in response to the 30 second match on Raw.

it'd be a hilarious mindfuck on the audience if they had an squadron of Divas takeover RAW and had a 2 hour run with 6 Divas matches, and the only match involving men being an 8-man tag that goes for 2 minutes.

In the spirit of things, Corey Graves got eaten alive today for trying to use #givedivasachance as a way to try to market NXT, along with some general dumbfuckery and typical WWE hypocrisy.

Why, exactly, are people upset with him? Is "#GiveDivasAChance" not about wrestling?

Basically, he tried to use the old "they'll make their own chance" argument, which sounds way too much like "get yourself over".  He went on to say something along the lines of "just look at the women in NXT", which is a fair point, but he was ripped a new one because the whole hashtag was created in response to the 30 second match on Raw.

Eh, I don't think that deserves the massive wave of hate coming his way right now.

Eh, I don't think that deserves the massive wave of hate coming his way right now.

I don't either, and I think his intentions were good.  He just worded things VERY poorly.  It came off like him riding a popular hashtag to be a company shill.

• Like 1

anyway, Vince actually responded to the hashtag on Twitter. "We hear you. Keep watching. #GiveDivasAChance"

and Stephanie responded to AJ, with: "Thank you @WWEAJLee, I appreciate your opinion. #UseYourVoice"

anyway, Vince actually responded to the hashtag on Twitter. "We hear you. Keep watching. #GiveDivasAChance"

and Stephanie responded to AJ, with: "Thank you @WWEAJLee, I appreciate your opinion. #UseYourVoice"

If only there was a font that expressed speaking through angrily gritted teeth. 

• Like 1