DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I don't know what Bryan will do at WM now, unless he somehow sneaks into the main event.

Even if he does, I kinda feel like it's over for him. Like they say, time off is your worst enemy.

His reactions have been getting weaker and weaker, and I love the guy.

I hate it for him, but the injury may have killed the character. :(

The "hot chicks in commercials" conversation begins and ends with Lily from AT&T. I mean, did y'all not see her in last months photo thread wearing Warrior's paint?!?

I think the Shield returning as a heel faction would be awesome-- especially if Roman gets the world title, and Dean the IC. Maybe do a bit where Stephanie and HHH somehow allow Rollins to pay the dollars on the US title, and he goes over Cena for it after he beats Rusev. Have the announcers speculate why he would ever go for the US instead of the WHC, as foreshadowing. It would definitely make the lower belts seem like a huge deal, and their interference in Romans matches would protect him from being seen as a lesser worker (though I LOVED the Bryan match). They would essentially be a version of the Austin/HHH power trip team, but it's 3 guys this time

Wendy's Girl is still a strong second behind Milayna Vayntrub (Lily). 

• Like 1

Hopefully the Mets are doing this as a dry run for a Summerslam or something, which would be sick. They moved this years to Barclays Center right??

Also, I thought this was just a rumor. Haven't heard anything concrete about Summerslam at Barclays, although that'd be awesome. 30-40 min drive from me.

I haven't actually ever seen Ms. Vayntrub, but I heard her on Doug Loves Movies and got super-irritated because she and the other two guests kept stepping over John Hodgman's understatedly-funny lines. I'll do a GIS, but I doubt that her hotness can overcome being irritating on Doug Loves Movies. She was reaching Kumail Nainjani levels of annoying at one point. 

I haven't actually ever seen Ms. Vayntrub, but I heard her on Doug Loves Movies and got super-irritated because she and the other two guests kept stepping over John Hodgman's understatedly-funny lines. I'll do a GIS, but I doubt that her hotness can overcome being irritating on Doug Loves Movies. She was reaching Kumail Nainjani levels of annoying at one point. 

She's pretty hot, though.

And unlike Wendy's girl, she has the boobehs.

• Like 1

Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad!

Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad!

Dude works as the annoying guy  on Portlandia because he doesn't have to stretch much to fill that role, but he and Marc Meron sniping at each other in an extremely unfunny, podcast-derailing manner is the worst thing about comedy ever.

My opinion on this is awesome and nigh unassailable, and I judge you harshly as a person for disagreeing. 

• Like 1

There's an abridged (what the hell is the point of an abridged book?) audio book of Have a Nice Day read by Foley himself.  The abridged part is bad enough, but he also censors all of the swear words.  It's like watching an R rated movie on network tv that had all the good parts cut out.  Not saying that book doesn't have a lot of great content that isn't not safe for younger readers, but it was so distracting that it totally brought down the story.

Doing some Youtube browsing and randomly stumbled across a Rude/Orndorff cage match from '87 with Nick Bockwinkel of all people on color commentary with Monsoon.  Took me by surprise as I never knew this was a thing that happened.  It was an awkward fit to say the least.

I'm really, really into the woman on the Toyota commercials. There are no wrestlers that she looks like. Don't ruin this for me.

mqdefault.jpg

Except for Antonio Inoki.

I was think Karen Jarrett if Karen had the ability to open her eyes all the way.

Furthermore whats the record selling merchandise post-Diva magazines/DVDs? In any event nothing on Earth would make me happier than seeing an AJ/Steph feud that culminates in a match where Steph looks like a Grizzly Bear mauling a small child.

I think WWE should troll everyone by having a 15 minute Diva match on Raw Monday night between Cameron and Summer and have Cole be all like "hey we gave you what you asked for..." it'd be like the pro wrestling version of that Wilde quote "There are two tragedies in life; not getting what you want and getting it."

• Like 3

in the spirit of #GiveDivasAChance...

it'd be a hilarious mindfuck on the audience if they had an squadron of Divas takeover RAW and had a 2 hour run with 6 Divas matches, and the only match involving men being an 8-man tag that goes for 2 minutes.

In the spirit of things, Corey Graves got eaten alive today for trying to use #givedivasachance as a way to try to market NXT, along with some general dumbfuckery and typical WWE hypocrisy.

The "hot chicks in commercials" conversation begins and ends with Lily from AT&T. I mean, did y'all not see her in last months photo thread wearing Warrior's paint?!?

I think the Shield returning as a heel faction would be awesome-- especially if Roman gets the world title, and Dean the IC. Maybe do a bit where Stephanie and HHH somehow allow Rollins to pay the dollars on the US title, and he goes over Cena for it after he beats Rusev. Have the announcers speculate why he would ever go for the US instead of the WHC, as foreshadowing. It would definitely make the lower belts seem like a huge deal, and their interference in Romans matches would protect him from being seen as a lesser worker (though I LOVED the Bryan match). They would essentially be a version of the Austin/HHH power trip team, but it's 3 guys this time

This Lily creature I'm sure is okay for a mortal who doesn't feed off the life force of meek hipsters in order to maintain the nether realm gateway between our plane of existence and the consumption nebula of Corinne Bohrer's stomach, the eternal temple of digestion which converts human meat into stardust.

But I guess everyone can't be that, you know.

in the spirit of #GiveDivasAChance...

it'd be a hilarious mindfuck on the audience if they had an squadron of Divas takeover RAW and had a 2 hour run with 6 Divas matches, and the only match involving men being an 8-man tag that goes for 2 minutes.

In the spirit of things, Corey Graves got eaten alive today for trying to use #givedivasachance as a way to try to market NXT, along with some general dumbfuckery and typical WWE hypocrisy.

Why, exactly, are people upset with him? Is "#GiveDivasAChance" not about wrestling?