DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Bigger waste of 3 hours tonight - fast lane or the oscars?

Trick question, since the oscars will be wellpast 3 hours.

The Oscars had Will Arnett dressed as Batman and playing a guitar during the live performance of Everything Is Awesome. So yeah, that right there is gonna beat anything that happens at Fast Lane.

I miss crowds that would appreciatively clap for really good wrestling instead of self-consciously chanting something or being bored by it because they're waiting for the easily-identifiable finishing run. 

I say this because the Baltimore crowd at GAB 1996 is really nice. They applaud after moves or sequences they appreciate and are into anything as long as the wrestling is strong. GAB 1996 is one of those PPVs that I don't know if people talk about it much, but it is a REALLY awesome show with tons of variety in-ring. 

• Like 1

I know we aren't supposed to talk live shows, but man, fuck this crowd.

As pointed out on Twitter, they got bad after the finish to the first match. WWE only has themselves to blame.

Yeah, half way fuck this crowd, other way fuck this company. Every finish has been pretty bad,

Sounds like I made the right choice going with Seinfeld and Bar Rescue over WWE.

I enjoyed PPV a good deal though the weak finishes for everything but the main event keep from calling it good which saddens me as I thought Reigns/Bryan was fantastic, easily the best match either guy has the last year or so.

Rollins pretty much has to walk out of WM with the belt because those smarks at the show aren't buying Reigns over Lesnar and will shit on everything vocally, which probably isn't what the company wants on tape. 

I for one am fine with it. Rollins still isn't that great as the ace heel and is still finding his way in that role, but he's about a million times better and more compelling than Reigns is right now. 

Like the idea of the Shield reunion at Mania.

Think Rollins' motivation could be protection from Orton that he can't get from Kane/Big Show/J&J. Hopefully if anything, it's a means of phasing them out as characters also.

Reigns as a heel = challengers of Cena, Bryan, Ryback, Ziggler, Orton and maybe Lesnar/Batista down the line, even Sting.

Reigns as a face = Rollins, Rusev...maybe Bryan again, or Hunter.