DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

WWE/Reddit guy says [MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILER] So I guess [spoiler STUFF].

You probably should have spoiler-tagged this for people just to be careful.

Edited to add: Usually, the Network runs with no hitches for me, but everyone watching Fast Lane is really lagging my streaming of GAB '96. 

Here's something to ponder: IF Lesnar resigns, which is now looking quite possible, is it a given that Reigns wins the belt? Would the WWE think it's worth waiting until next year to give him the title in a rematch, and spend the next year rebuilding Reigns' status as a fan favorite?

Bigger waste of 3 hours tonight - fast lane or the oscars?

Trick question, since the oscars will be wellpast 3 hours.

The Oscars had Will Arnett dressed as Batman and playing a guitar during the live performance of Everything Is Awesome. So yeah, that right there is gonna beat anything that happens at Fast Lane.

I miss crowds that would appreciatively clap for really good wrestling instead of self-consciously chanting something or being bored by it because they're waiting for the easily-identifiable finishing run. 

I say this because the Baltimore crowd at GAB 1996 is really nice. They applaud after moves or sequences they appreciate and are into anything as long as the wrestling is strong. GAB 1996 is one of those PPVs that I don't know if people talk about it much, but it is a REALLY awesome show with tons of variety in-ring. 

• Like 1

I know we aren't supposed to talk live shows, but man, fuck this crowd.

As pointed out on Twitter, they got bad after the finish to the first match. WWE only has themselves to blame.

Yeah, half way fuck this crowd, other way fuck this company. Every finish has been pretty bad,

Sounds like I made the right choice going with Seinfeld and Bar Rescue over WWE.