DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Sheamus

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

His return package seems somewhat heelish. I think The Authority gets involved, it turns into a clusterfuck, Sheamus runs out and BOOM.  Kills Bryan.

I want to see Bryan vs. Lesnar as much as anyone but I don't see them leaving Reigns out of the picture and I don't think they'll run another triple threat. We'll see.

Sheamus

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

His return package seems somewhat heelish. I think The Authority gets involved, it turns into a clusterfuck, Sheamus runs out and BOOM.  Kills Bryan.

I want to see Bryan vs. Lesnar as much as anyone but I don't see them leaving Reigns out of the picture and I don't think they'll run another triple threat. We'll see.

Easy fix.

Bryan/Lesner.  Shield Triple Threat Reigns pins Rollins.  Rollins cashes in for MIB after Bryan beats Lesner and gets boo'd out of the building.

Bryan looks strong, Reigns looks strong, Rollins looks strong as total chickenshit Champion.  Rollins has built in fueds with Bryan/Reigns.  Whichever one of them that wins the title eventually loses it to Rusev who has crushed John Cena.  

Run heel Sheamus/face Orton for WrestleMania to give those returning guys something to do.

Bryan/Lesner

Shield Triple Threat

Cena/Rusev 

pretty much sells WrestleMania for me.

And now I hate myself.

How does Reigns look strong in that scenario?  The Royal Rumble winner doesn't get to compete for the championship at WM?  Sounds weak to me.  I know most of you would rather Reigns disappear from the face of the earth, but come on.***

***I'm being sarcastic with this sentence--I know most of you just want him to become a weenie jobber for Bryan 24/7/365.

• Like 1

I actually forgot that Fast Lane was tonight. I think I'll probably skip it and see what you guys say in the post-PPV thread to see what I should go back and watch, if anything. I'm at the point where I really have no interest in the non-NXT current Tubers instead of Stove Top. 

HOWEVER, if Bryan wins, all bets are off and I'll watch the whole PPV after the fact even though there is like a 1% chance of that happening. 

• Like 1

I also feel like Cena/Rusev ends in some sort of count out. They've been brawling up to the stage/set a lot. Maybe they both crash through it for a bs finish to keep it going ala Rhyno/Jericho gore or when Taker launched Lesnar through the set at the PPV before their Hell in a Cell.

If we get Reigns vs. Lesnar at Wrestlemania, I've had this idea of Reigns reuniting the Shield at Wrestlemania to beat Lesnar.

This would a) be a great way to write out Lesnar, if he's leaving for UFC, b.) immediately create a new uber-heel and c) put someone at Reigns' side who can cut promos.

I think from Reigns point of view this would make a shitton of sense. Lesnar for the last few years has been destroying everone on the roster including Cena. Reigns is not quite sure, if he can beat him alone, but with the Shield at his side he knows he can beat Lenar, because they've also been destroying everyone on the roster while they were together,

The only problem with the idea is that it would't make much sense for Rollins and Ambrose at this point, but it's just a matter of finding the right angle for them for why they would do this. Rollins could claim he was the architect behind the destruction of the man who beat the Undertaker or something. I'm sure there's a way.

I thought Wrestlemania was about the big match. Bryan vs. Brock is the big match. I don't know of anybody wanting to sit through Roman vs. Brock. Brock is many things but a guy to lead a huge main event match, he is not.

I could see The Shield angle working in regards to Ambrose, if he has the IC belt to occupy him.  He's not in the WHC picture. It doesn't work with Rollins, though.  What will he do with the MITB briefcase--not cash it in because Reigns is holding the belt?

Now, if they want to go with Lesnar getting hurt early in the match and having Heyman turn on Lesnar in order to get Rollins in the ring against Reigns--only to have Heyman turn AGAIN to help Reigns win and Reigns being the new Heyman guy--it's somewhat convoluted, but with Heyman's involvement, it could work.

WWE/Reddit guy says [MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILER] So I guess [spoiler STUFF].

You probably should have spoiler-tagged this for people just to be careful.

Edited to add: Usually, the Network runs with no hitches for me, but everyone watching Fast Lane is really lagging my streaming of GAB '96. 

Here's something to ponder: IF Lesnar resigns, which is now looking quite possible, is it a given that Reigns wins the belt? Would the WWE think it's worth waiting until next year to give him the title in a rematch, and spend the next year rebuilding Reigns' status as a fan favorite?