DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Yeah, Meltzer is making it sound like WWE is absolutely playing a pivotal role here. Basically, they settled when Punk started mouthing off about the staph infection out of panic. But then, over the months, they investigated more and found out Punk wasn't exactly being 100% truthful. Now they're pissed.

They do apparently have a ton of confidence in their case. But a lot of it seems to spite too: they want Punk to be miserable when he's training for his UFC comeback and Colt being dragged into it is absolutely a way to mess with Punk and cost him his best friend. 

That's some supervillain shit right there.

Yeah, I don't get the "poor Colt" narrative whatsoever.

Oh, come on.  He's just standing by his friend.  Who hasn't done that?  

Standing by your friend is great... who ever said that was a bad thing? But I don't get why I should feel bad for some dude I don't know because he sticks by his friend... I'm not saying WWE or the doctor or Colt & Punk are right/wrong or whatever. I have no idea. But if Punk DID slander the guy or whatever, Colt gave him the platform, so he willingly put himself in that line of fire. Makes him a great friend, but I don't see why I have to feel sorry for him possibly facing consequences for his actions. That's all. I don't have any hatred or ill feelings for the guy either, for what it's worth...

I don't feel too bad for Colt. The way he talks about his fans is ridiculous. He's not exactly the sharpest knife himself so maybe layoff going after the only people that ever cared about you.

As someone who hasn't paid any attention at all to Colt in the last 10 years (not that I am anti-Colt.....I just don't care one way or the other), can someone elaborate on how he talks about his fans?  I hadn't heard anything about it.

I don't feel too bad for Colt. The way he talks about his fans is ridiculous. He's not exactly the sharpest knife himself so maybe layoff going after the only people that ever cared about you.

As someone who hasn't paid any attention at all to Colt in the last 10 years (not that I am anti-Colt.....I just don't care one way or the other), can someone elaborate on how he talks about his fans?  I hadn't heard anything about it.

There really isn't an issue at all. This is insanity.

It's not one particular thing or incident. It's his entire attitude towards anyone who gives a crap about him and Punk. You'd have to listen to him talk about their followers on social media and people who send in e-mails for his show to understand. One example is the follow up podcast with Punk.  He tells listeners to send in e-mails and there were a lot of great questions sent in but Colt deemed them to be "stupid" and "unworthy" and the podcast went absolutely nowhere.

It's not one particular thing or incident. It's his entire attitude towards anyone who gives a crap about him and Punk. You'd have to listen to him talk about their followers on social media and people who send in e-mails for his show to understand. One example is the follow up podcast with Punk.  He tells listeners to send in e-mails and there were a lot of great questions sent in but Colt deemed them to be "stupid" and "unworthy" and the podcast went absolutely nowhere.

Ummmmm... what? He was pretty clear that the e-mail address crashed under the traffic.

Ummmmm... what? He was pretty clear that the e-mail address crashed under the traffic.

Yeah, he still received many questions and deemed them to be useless so I don't see how that changes what I said. Same podcast he whined about fans saying "Phil" which was absurd given that "Phil Brooks" was used on WWE television during the feud with Triple H and a week later we are now supposed to call him "Phil Brooks UFC fighter".  I could give a million examples of Colt whining about fans.