DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I think I would rather see Joe as the Uso's useless, clumsy cousin who is always falling down and costing them matches than serious Joe fighting Eddie Edwards in ROH now.

You won't see Joe fighting Eddie Edwards in ROH since Edwards doesn't work there any longer.

• Like 1

I think I would rather see Joe as the Uso's useless, clumsy cousin who is always falling down and costing them matches than serious Joe fighting Eddie Edwards in ROH now.

You won't see Joe fighting Eddie Edwards in ROH since Edwards doesn't work there any longer.Bazingggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know Eddie Edwards hasn't been in ROH (and has actually been in TNA) for a long time.... Right?

Having actually watched RAW this week and just reading the Smackdown spoilers I'm wondering if I'm missing a bunch of details in these matches, but apart from promo work, and interference spots (the stooges), do any of the current heels in WWE do much in the match that is heelish?  Trash talking maybe?  But I mean just cheating all the time, taking shortcuts.  Doing things that make it hard to beat them because they don't follow the rules.

This is maybe part of the reason so many heels don't get heat, but kind of get just cheered a bit.  They're dicks on the mic, but they don't wrestle like assholes. The babyface isn't really at any disadvantage.

Barret really doesn't do much that's dishonest does he?

Kane doesn't do anything heelish

Show?

Harper?  He's pretty honest in the ring actually.  The only reason he's a heel is because his opponents are always babyfaces.

Miz?  His only heeling is being mean to his valet.

Rusev works like a stone babyface.

This is bugging me.  Like, part of the reason there's so little to care about Ambrose/Barrett is because there isn't that extra degree of difficulty.  We aren't seeing Barrett cheat and shortcut his way to win after win so we're thinking "Dean's great, but how is going beat that cheating asshole?  It's a huge disadvantage!"  Everyone expects him to win.  Because we Barrett as a guy who just wrestles normal and loses a lot.  If Ambrose loses, it will likely be through interference to set up a new feud for him down the line, not because of any plot by Barrett.

The closest they get to that is just numbers: "How will John Cena win with all these people outside the ring??"

• Like 4

If NXT in its current form existed about ten years ago, Joe would have eventually been at or near the top of the card on at least a handful of WrestleManias.

I'm sure that he's thought about that at least a couple of times.

You could say if he had grown up in the hogan era he would have known to train, take his vitamins and say his prayers.

I'm sure he's thought about that a couple of times too.

Didn't Cesaro say on Austin's podcast recently (or maybe Austin was just recounting an off-air conversation with Cesaro) that heels aren't allowed to cheat anymore?

Yeah, Austin said that. Heels can't do anything rasslin wise that a heel would be expected to do.

• Like 1

Didn't Cesaro say on Austin's podcast recently (or maybe Austin was just recounting an off-air conversation with Cesaro) that heels aren't allowed to cheat anymore?

Yeah, Austin said that. Heels can't do anything rasslin wise that a heel would be expected to do.

I thought they were specificaly talking about the reverse mule kick.