DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I would love to see him as an NXT "veteran" per the conversation here the other day. Hell, if he's properly motivated I'd love to see him on the main roster, though I doubt it would happen at this point. Then again, Daniel Bryan headlined WM last year, so stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

I guess I'll say it: aside from better matches 8-10 years ago, what does Joe bring to the table that Kevin Owens doesn't? Assuming WWE doesn't need two work rate fat guys, I can't think of one reason I'd want to watch Joe over Owens in 2015, or one match that would have a more interesting build.

Even with not looking like he did 10 years ago in ROH, TNA losing Joe, one of the big ticket indy stars they still managed to have, is a huge blow to them- especially with so few of them in the cupboard who would go to TNA (and only people like Joe who used to be big indy standouts who fell on hard times available to possibly go there.)

Also, I heard one time Samoa Joe went to a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

• Like 3

If NXT in its current form existed about ten years ago, Joe would have eventually been at or near the top of the card on at least a handful of WrestleManias. 

I'm sure that he's thought about that at least a couple of times.

• Like 1

Even with not looking like he did 10 years ago in ROH, TNA losing Joe, one of the big ticket indy stars they still managed to have, is a huge blow to them- especially with so few of them in the cupboard who would go to TNA (and only people like Joe who used to be big indy standouts who fell on hard times available to possibly go there.)

Also, I heard one time Samoa Joe went to a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

Joe's not that big loss for TNA because TNA has no real desire to grow and get better.  They're content being a second rate promotion on a fifth rate channel. 

And I heard when Samoa Joe sits around the house, he really sits around the house.

• Like 2

I guess I'll say it: aside from better matches 8-10 years ago, what does Joe bring to the table that Kevin Owens doesn't? Assuming WWE doesn't need two work rate fat guys, I can't think of one reason I'd want to watch Joe over Owens in 2015, or one match that would have a more interesting build.

At this point, Joe doesn't really have much to offer the WWE as an in-ring worker that they can't get from someone already with the company. I'm sure he'd be a great instructor for the Performance Center, though, and if Regal can't go anymore, maybe Joe could take over as the old gunslinger all the youngsters want a shot at.

At this point, Joe doesn't really have much to offer the WWE as an in-ring worker that they can't get from someone already with the company. I'm sure he'd be a great instructor for the Performance Center, though, and if Regal can't go anymore, maybe Joe could take over as the old gunslinger all the youngsters want a shot at.

I was saying the same thing earlier tonight too, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if it could work. I mean, it would definitely work with the Full Sail crowd, but as a guy on the wrong side of 30 with a non-traditional look, I guess the better thing to say would be "I wonder if WWE would allow it to work." At least Regal, spoiler 1, and spoiler 2 have had plenty of WWE matches (or matches in libraries they own). Joe has like one match on Shotgun. The target audience for the main show probably doesn't know very much about him. They'll love him if he can be motivated and get marketed properly and shit like that, but that's putting a lot of eggs in the 2015 Samoa Joe basket, which, as was mentioned, he cant do anything Owens cant do at this juncture. Maybe he should just go to NJPW and try to find his fire again before even attempting something in the US. I know ROH has had their budget cut, but I'm certain that between there and NJPW he'll be getting some semi-decent paydays. Honestly, he would be a lot of fun in Lucha Underground too. I hope to see Joe and ADR kicking the shit out of each other soon whereever it may be.