DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I wonder if NXT would benefit from a current roster veteran pulling a Christian and going down and working with some of those guys. Kind of like how Chris Benoit was supposed to be before........well, you know. I can't think of anyone on the current roster who could do it though.

Kane, Goldust, Cena.... Cena in NXT for an extended period of time could be fun.

I wonder if NXT would benefit from a current roster veteran pulling a Christian and going down and working with some of those guys. Kind of like how Chris Benoit was supposed to be before........well, you know. I can't think of anyone on the current roster who could do it though. 

I don't know- I think NXT's better served by the current Tyson Kidd/Sin Cara method for current roster low-carders doing double duty and both giving the NXT talent a person to work with to improve, while giving the low-carder a chance to work on developing a new gimmick and be rebooted for a return to the main roster. 

How out of touch is this board that people even think Vince might feud with Kevin Owens? If anything he will get the Gangrel treatment.

EDIT: I misread, it's evident that you were discussing Vince never involving himself in/with NXT.

I bet you feel about this tall right now.

02.jpg

Come on now, Lawler is a legit 5' 10". I wonder how many jokes Vince and JR got in when Mini sat on King's lap.

Brysynner, on 15 Feb 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

The Nature Boy, on 14 Feb 2015 - 8:00 PM, said:

Kane, Goldust, Cena.... Cena in NXT for an extended period of time could be fun.

Only if he's there to hold the guys down from taking his spot like he was whining about on Raw a few weeks ago. Cena/Owens would be bad ass. More realistically they could use Harper or Swagger to come down and let the smaller guys get a feel for working big guys in the WWE system.

I highly doubt those matches were worked in the WWE style. I'm not saying guys like Itami and Balor don't know how to do it(Sami is obviously ready) but showing the higher ups they can have good matches with some bigger guys would be a plus.

Nope because he isn't going around telling everyone who gives a damn that NXT is his baby and how NXT is his and only his baby and that NXT is still just his baby.

Cuz you know, NXT is the cool thing these days.

Are you seriously anti-HHH and NXT? When did your soul die?

I really don't give a shit about NXT. It could be all the praise and shit people get while they are down there and only the Shield (whom weren't event an act in NXT I think) hit the ground running on Raw. Then people have the nerve to bitch that the person they have 'grown' with isn't the same character once Raw gets a hold of them. But we've had this stupid debate several times. Or it could be that I miss when it was suppose actually, you know, force people use the shit that writers can come up with and make something out of it.

My love for Barrett is known and often mocked. But Bad News Barrett got over big because he embraced it despite it being a terrible gimmick. He's used to bad booking, but still manages to treat/act like what he is doing is important.

How are people going to grow if you give them a fucking paint by numbers with only 5 colors (or how every many a simple ass one has) and that crowd will eat it up if you tell them? So glad that TNA crowd found a live show with decent lighting and good production to go to since TNA got cancelled by Spike.

I do love the first season of NXT. It was formatted to be goofy and all 8 guys did the same goofy shit, but most of the time each guy had a different spin on it. Most of it was embarrassing and you wanted to shoot them all (but Barrett and DB) out of pity. Yet you could see the if the guy who take it or not. And only Traver got the axe before NXT got the reboot.

And I really don't give a shit about HHH and his backstage shit. I care about what I see on Raw and him and the Mrs. burying the roster to get themselves over doesn't appeal to me. But again, we've had this stupid debate before.

I'll take first whack at this. (I won't be the last.)

I really don't give a shit about NXT. It could be all the praise and shit people get while they are down there and only the Shield (whom weren't event an act in NXT I think) hit the ground running on Raw.

Wyatt family. Could argue Bo did alright before his injury

Then people have the nerve to bitch that the person they have 'grown' with isn't the same character once Raw gets a hold of them.

Yeah, it's so awful when people get invested in a character only to have it change on them. BTW, when has anyone actually done this? Paige, maybe, but I haven't seen that much hatred directed towards her. (Well, you, but let's be honest, you wear "outlier" like a badge of honor.) The more common gripe is that a character will grow organically (Emma, Bo) on NXT, then that finished product will be thrown out on Raw without the growth behind it that made them successful on NXT.

But we've had this stupid debate several times. Or it could be that I miss when it was suppose actually, you know, force people use the shit that writers can come up with and make something out of it.

I have literally no idea what this means.

My love for Barrett is known and often mocked. But Bad News Barrett got over big because he embraced it despite it being a terrible gimmick. He's used to bad booking, but still manages to treat/act like what he is doing is important.

Who hasn't treated what they were doing as "important"? Adam Rose bombed, but I don't see how that's because he wasn't giving his all to his gimmick.

How are people going to grow if you give them a fucking paint by numbers with only 5 colors (or how every many a simple ass one has) and that crowd will eat it up if you tell them?

Have you even watched the show you're shitting on?

So glad that TNA crowd found a live show with decent lighting and good production to go to since TNA got cancelled by Spike.

No, clearly you haven't. See, people give you shit about having weird opinions about wrestling, but people also defend your right to have weird opinions. Only this isn't that, is it? You don't watch NXT, wouldn't know the first thing about it if you didn't read this board, but you feel you have to take a stance against it anyway, just to promote some contrarian status you revel in.

• Like 11

I'm sure he had some input from the writers when it was made his actual gimmick on the main shows, but yeah, it's generally thought to be his own creation. BMZ, though, who knows. It has the classic WWE making to it that his original gimmick was getting too over so they saddle him with a gimmick that's not nearly as "good" as the first. Time will tell on the BMZ stuff, since it only debuted, what, last week? But I don't think it's going to get as over as Bad News. Especially if they don't treat it like GTV, which is what it should be.

I don't want to lump in on the Ebbie/NXT argument, but yeah, you can't really bitch about something without watching it first and seeing why everyone is praising it. I mean, you can, but you shouldn't.

EDIT: Hey, I was wrong about the Bad News gimmick, as seen below. Oh well B)

I guess I am the only person who wants to see less 'WWE' in NXT. I don't want to see Show, Kane, Kilings, Ryder, Otunga, etc. in NXT. I think if any NXT guys needs 'experience' and help 'getting to the next level' that is why guys like Regal, Goldust, and others are there. The guys who can WORK (and have worked around the world) are few-and-far-between in WWE. But they are there.

Cody: "Hey bro, I got a gimmick for you."

Wade: "Really? What is it?"

Cody: "You come out, tell people BAD NEWS and you wear a cape!"

Wade: "Interesting, why don't you do it?"

Cody: "Capes really aren't my thing. Now a skin tight gold bodysuit..."

FIFY

Nope because he isn't going around telling everyone who gives a damn that NXT is his baby and how NXT is his and only his baby and that NXT is still just his baby.

Cuz you know, NXT is the cool thing these days.

Are you seriously anti-HHH and NXT? When did your soul die?

I really don't give a shit...<snip>

Vinnie Ru, is that you posting here?!

You could always run some sort of angle that sends someone to NXT as a stip for losing a match.

Cena going to NXT post-Lesnar mauling at Summerslam would have been all sorts of awesome.

See him sitting around the lockerroom moping/silent, whilst the other rookies look on and are all "What's he doing here?".....gets booked into a match with some low level NXT scrub (Mojo?) that he nearly loses through not being mentally there, but still has enough wherewithal to pull it out, but still leaves the ring in a hurry, no celebration.

Have it come out through a Regal backstage segment that he requested to be here, that he's spending more time than anyone in the performance center, and that he's refused all requests to go back to RAW. More backstage stuff with various heels making fun of him for being washed up. Awkward segment with Sami Zayn about doing the right thing.

Have him work matches where he's deliberately letting guys put him into positions from the Summerslam match that were key moments in him getting destroyed by Lesnar (picks a guy up for the Protobomb, only to put him down, work it into a go-behind then pretty much let the guy reverse it into a series of Germans?), have one of the matches stopped because he'd taken so many German suplexes because he wanted to see how many his neck could take.

Build up to a moment where a fired-up renewed Cena runs out to make the save for Sami Zayn from a 2-1 beatdown. Cena works a couple of tag matches with Zayn before heading back to finish unresolved business. Along the way he picks up a couple of things to use against Lesnar...

• Like 2

I don't think so. At the risk of sounding too snobbish, the big names on NXT are already better than most of the guys on the main roster. If Tyler Breeze and the Vaudevillains were the best guys on NXT, sending a vet would be helpful, but you don't need to teach guys like Zayn, Neville, etc how to work.  All that's left for them is finding their niche in the WWE universe, which they're better off establishing on their own. Christian was working with guys like Swagger and Ryder, not CM Punk.

I'd love to see Cena mix it up with the next generation of guys while he can still go like he can, but it's probably better to wait for the right moment on the big stage (a la Summer Slam 13) instead of fantasizing about Cena touring the indies.

Although... If you really wanted to do a "big name slumming it in the minors" angle, Randy Orton doesn't seem to have anything to do these days.