DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 6/20/2017 at 9:02 PM, Shane said:

5 (so far) new MSG shows have gone up today. 4 from the late 70s and one from the mid 80s. 

If MSG shows are the drop for this month, I am A-ok with that. 

They added a bunch more house shows over the weekend, including one from Houston of all places. Plus the Hogan/Sarge MSG series from 1991.

That was a hell of a Ride Along. On the one hand you had JeriKO sharing some pretty normal, tame wrestling stories, and in the other car you had fart-shaming, Corey Graves' penis-piercing experience, and Byron Saxton: more rapey than you might have guessed. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2017 at 3:23 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

That had to be a work right? 

I hope so, because man did Byron look like a big-time sleazeball.  But as great as JeriKO were I enjoyed Corey/Tom/Nia more, it just felt like they were having a ton of fun together.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Assuming there's a valid reason I took out the living with parents line. Compared to his creepy ways that part's not bad at all.

I feel like Byron is doing the classic thing of being yourself turned up to 11. Or at least I hope so. I could give him a slight pass on living with his folks if you assume he's on the road all the time and if the place was big enough.

Or hell, let's stop shaming people who live with extended families. It's cheaper for everyone, and allows people who need flexible schedules (like WWE on-air talent) to still lead relatively normal home lives.

Now, shaming him for going full-on creepy with Nia? That's fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Or hell, let's stop shaming people who live with extended families. It's cheaper for everyone, and allows people who need flexible schedules (like WWE on-air talent) to still lead relatively normal home lives.

Now, shaming him for going full-on creepy with Nia? That's fine.

I'm weirded out with the living with parents part, not gonna lie.  But I can accept valid reasons for doing so like you mentioned.  But being super creepy to Nia?  That's way worse and work or not I'd have HR have a chat with him.

Some people live at home because they're the caregiver for elderly relatives. An example might be an 89 year old grandmother, or yia yia as I call her. My mother and I take care of my grandmother. I was an only child. The two of us and my stepfather are all she has.

My grandmother has led an extremely difficult and painful life; losing her 12 y/o son and 50 y/o husband, both to cancer, about 6 months apart in 1975. My grandmother has another daughter and granddaughter that don't speak to her because they're just selfish people whose only concern is money. They're not hurting for money, either. A lot of my family is really fucked up. Mental illness, whether some of them choose to admit it or not, runs rather deep in my family. I never hide or deny mine. It's what I have to deal with. Apologies for taking it in this direction. Ummm, Byron Saxton's obsession with Nia is creepy.

• Like 3

Just watched the First Look on Kevin Owens DVD and it is really good.  Lots of footage from IWS and CZW (wonder where they got that from), lots of talk about Ring of Honor and his feud with Generico.   If the NXT and WWE stuff is as good as the indie stuff then this is something to out of the way for

One thing that they mentioned that was something was that when Sami got his WWE contract he went to Kevin's place to let him know and then signed the contract with him there.  this is when Kevin was kinda of miserable in ROH having to deal with Cornette and others.  That is the most Sami thing possible.  He even admitted that it might have bugged Kevin.  Good thing that hasn't been mentioned in the feud because that was is such an unintentional dickhead move that you support Kevin beating the shit out of him

• Like 3

The most they went into it on air was Kevin being jealous that Sami got to WWE first. I mean, I can see Sami not having harmful intentions, but just wanting his best friend there as he signed his contract. I'd be jealous about that too. It would feel like it's being rubbed in my face. I was extremely jealous of my best friend when we were younger. He was a talented musician, got whatever girls he wanted, had an extremely outgoing personality while I was pretty much the opposite.

On 6/30/2017 at 5:02 PM, hammerva said:

Just watched the First Look on Kevin Owens DVD and it is really good.  Lots of footage from IWS and CZW (wonder where they got that from), lots of talk about Ring of Honor and his feud with Generico.   If the NXT and WWE stuff is as good as the indie stuff then this is something to out of the way for

One thing that they mentioned that was something was that when Sami got his WWE contract he went to Kevin's place to let him know and then signed the contract with him there.  this is when Kevin was kinda of miserable in ROH having to deal with Cornette and others.  That is the most Sami thing possible.  He even admitted that it might have bugged Kevin.  Good thing that hasn't been mentioned in the feud because that was is such an unintentional dickhead move that you support Kevin beating the shit out of him

I'll have to check out the First Look and may end up getting the DVD.  Side note, if it was intentional to release it tomorrow since Owens is the Face of America then whoever decided that deserves a raise.  But I wish the Sami story was brought up in one of their feuds.  Talk about a justified heel action, Sami had the ass-kicking coming to him.

On June 29, 2017 at 2:07 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm weirded out with the living with parents part, not gonna lie.  But I can accept valid reasons for doing so like you mentioned.  But being super creepy to Nia?  That's way worse and work or not I'd have HR have a chat with him.

There's a long list of things that WWE's HR Department would need to talk to talent about and I'm not sure that this is high on that list. 

• Like 1

The Show/Angle part is so good

Angle: "Did the tranquilizer dart hurt?"

Show: "YES! You are only supposed to pump the gun once. You pumped it 8 times you OCD freak!"

Angle (sheepishly): "Vince told me to do that..."

• Like 3