DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Given that not a single piece of footage from the Battle of Atlanta has been seen (at least none that anybody is letting people see) ever, I am kind of suspicious on this.  Wasn't there a Rich vs Sawyer cage match after the famous Battle of Atlanta match?

2 hours ago, lovchunky said:

Yeah, I can't believe the Last Battle of Atlanta just popped up somewhere unless there were highlights on an old episode of GCW.

Was never shown on TV. 

Yeah, I will seriously be stunned if what is listed as "Last Battle of Atlanta" is anything more than either (a) promos building up the match, (b) still photos from the PWI library with a WWE narration or (c) some other random cage match between Tommy and Buzz.

Because if they found the actual match and are giving it to us, then hell, we may just yet get Bret Hart vs Tom Magee.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is it possible that it's kicking around somewhere in their vaults?  I thought there was no possibility.

Didn't Ole or whoever was booking the territory at the time tape over it?

On 9/1/2016 at 10:38 AM, cwoy2j said:

The MX vs. The Street People (Jimmy Valiant/Miss Atlanta Lively aka Ronnie Garvin) streetfight from Starrcade 85 is about as good of a match there is where two of the participants are wearing tuxedos, one is in drag and the other is Jimmy Valiant. And I'm not kidding. It's actually spirited little brawl.

It was supposed to go longer but Miss Lovely got cut way too deep and they had to go home early. That whole show has to be the bloodiest thing on the Network. 

Just now, Pete said:

It was supposed to go longer but Miss Lovely got cut way too deep and they had to go home early. That whole show has to be the bloodiest thing on the Network. 

I think there was juice in almost every match. I think the only match without blood was Kruschev vs. Sam Houston.

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

Didn't Ole or whoever was booking the territory at the time tape over it?

There have been rumors and stories about what happened to the tape for decades, including that "person x" accidentally taped over it, but nothing has ever been confirmed afaik.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

There have been rumors and stories about what happened to the tape for decades, including that "person x" accidentally taped over it, but nothing has ever been confirmed afaik.

Yeah I've never heard anyone confirm it. Just the old stories of, "well back then, tape was actually pretty expensive so person X taped over the footage so that we could re-use the tape."

I can't see them advertising the Last Battle if they were going to give us the same footage everyone's seen on YouTube or whatever. Why piss away that goodwill with all the buzz it's generated in the last 12 hours just from the Cheeto huffers who won't even mention the letters W-W-E all jazzed about getting the Network? 

Wow from looking at the clip the quality is really damn good for 1982 (hope I got the year right).  There is no way that Ellering knowingly had that footage for over 30 years and then just now decided it would be good to show up.   He had to know how important that footage was.   Would it be funny if that match was used as barter for him to manager the Authors of Pain in NXT

But how about GAGNE-METRICS  

• Like 1

Seeing those two quick little clips for it has me majorly hyped for Last Battle.  I know it probably won't be this all-time classic or anything - especially since it's pretty short as I recall - but I don't care.  To finally see video of the match after all these years...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Is his daughter officially signed or just used as enhancement talent?

Just enhancement talent. She only finished Lance Storm's school less than a year ago so I think it's probably a good idea for her to keep working all over the place and get more matches in.