DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 7/6/2016 at 11:57 AM, Raziel403 said:

Watching Halloween Havoc 92...

If you need someone to cut a mysoginistic promo, look no further than Heyman.   Holy shit.

That's a show that went right the fuck downhill after the undercard. Chono/Rude, Simmons/Barbarian, Sting/Jake.

Make em say MEEELLLLLTZ

The company sent out a survey to some of its mailing list fans asking about interest level in potential WWE Network programs. So these must be shows under consideration.

“Ask Me Anything Live?” would be a live Q&A show with talent.

“Everyone Has Price” would be a reality show finding people around the country who have old WWE merchandise and memorabilia and determining the price value of things in their collection.

“Extreme Eats” would have Tommy Dreamer and Bubba Ray Dudley go around the country and eat at their favorite restaurants. I guess that tells you that they’re looking to bring Dreamer back.

“50 States, 50 Dates” would follow a WWE wrestler on 50 states with different women around the country with the idea of showing how difficult it is to maintain a romance on a WWE traveling schedule.

“Goldberg’s Garage,” which would be a show about Bill Goldberg’s muscle car collection. This is clearly a sign that they’re on much better terms with Goldberg after okaying him for the 2K role.

“History of WWE” would be a ten week series. Those type of shows always have problems because WWE is very creative about its history.

“Legends House: Attitude.” This would be a remake of the “Legends House” show, but using talent from the 1998-2001 era.

“Miz & Mrs,” which would be reality show with Miz and Maryse.

“Tapout Fitness” would have WWE talent take fans through their personal workouts and give them training and nutrition tips and ideas.

“The Third Wheel” is an idea of following WWE fans on blind dates without them knowing a WWE star is going to show up.

“Totally NXT,” would be a weekly reality show following six women beginning in NXT and trying to make it from scratch.

“The Wives of Flair,” would be a reality show on the lives of Ric Flair’s four ex-wives. I don’t know about that one.

“WWE All Access” would be a reality show which follows main eventers as they prepare for the biggest shows of the year. That’s the old UFC All Access idea.

“WWE Game Night,” would be performers facing celebrities in various competitions, with things listed like pictionary, dodgeball and obstacle courses.

“WWE Investigates” which would be WWE going deep into real subjects in the history of pro wrestling.

“WWE Goes Viral” which will be a collection of WWE videos, both produced by the promotion and those put together by fans.

“WWE Kids,” which would be an offshoot of the original WWE Kids concept. This would have young kids doing interviews with WWE stars, compete with them in games and also have them announce WWE matches.

“WWE Promo Battle” would have talent battle in improv promos wars in a tournament where fans on social media and a panel of judges will vote on who cuts the best promo. This is scary because a show like this may produce better promos than Raw or Smackdown and that would expose the overscripting aspect of those shows.

“WWE Roast,” which would be to tape roasts of legends.

“WWE Superstars Search” would be a new wording of the old Diva Search, a reality show where ten women compete for a WWE contract.

I would be way into the WWE Roast thing as I've mentioned previously. Get these dudes completely shattered on booze and talk shit about the guest? Sold.

I wish I'd get that email from WWE, but since I didn't I'll post my thoughts here anyway.  Spoilered for size:

The company sent out a survey to some of its mailing list fans asking about interest level in potential WWE Network programs. So these must be shows under
consideration.

“Ask Me Anything Live?” would be a live Q&A show with talent.  So pretty much their take on what Reddit's been doing.  Sure, why not?

“Everyone Has Price” would be a reality show finding people around the country who have old WWE merchandise and memorabilia and determining the price value of things in their collection.  Hell, yes, I'd love to see this.

“Extreme Eats” would have Tommy Dreamer and Bubba Ray Dudley go around the country and eat at their favorite restaurants. I guess that tells you that they’re looking to bring Dreamer back.  As long as Bubba and Dreamer rip on each other's weight like on Twitter I'm in.

“50 States, 50 Dates” would follow a WWE wrestler on 50 states with different women around the country with the idea of showing how difficult it is to maintain a
romance on a WWE traveling schedule.  That'd look so bad for if/when the guy gets married.  But I'm sure it'd be scripted anyway.

“Goldberg’s Garage,” which would be a show about Bill Goldberg’s muscle car collection. This is clearly a sign that they’re on much better terms with Goldberg
after okaying him for the 2K role.  Don't care for Goldberg anymore, so it wouldn't bother me if this didn't happen.  Just put that on Velocity channel where it belongs (not knocking it, it's a neat channel)

“History of WWE” would be a ten week series. Those type of shows always have problems because WWE is very creative about its history.  No thanks to anymore revisionist history.

“Legends House: Attitude.” This would be a remake of the “Legends House” show, but using talent from the 1998-2001 era.  Don't know who'd they get to sign on for this, but that could be rough.

“Miz & Mrs,” which would be reality show with Miz and Maryse.  Yes, yes, yes please!  I'd love to see this.

“Tapout Fitness” would have WWE talent take fans through their personal workouts and give them training and nutrition tips and ideas.  I'd watch, could be useful.

“The Third Wheel” is an idea of following WWE fans on blind dates without them knowing a WWE star is going to show up.  This sounds bad and like something that didn't make the cut for Swerved.

“Totally NXT,” would be a weekly reality show following six women beginning in NXT and trying to make it from scratch.  I loved Breaking Ground so much so I'd definitely watch.

“The Wives of Flair,” would be a reality show on the lives of Ric Flair’s four ex-wives. I don’t know about that one.  Who thought of this one and what were they smoking?  That's just a horrible idea.

“WWE All Access” would be a reality show which follows main eventers as they prepare for the biggest shows of the year. That’s the old UFC All Access idea.  Why this isn't currently done is beyond me.  Of the shows listed this is absolutely essential to do.

“WWE Game Night,” would be performers facing celebrities in various competitions, with things listed like pictionary, dodgeball and obstacle courses.  Pretty much the one Heath hosts on the website, but translated for the Network.  Sure, why not?

“WWE Investigates” which would be WWE going deep into real subjects in the history of pro wrestling.  How real are we talking and how awkward will this get?  Hmmmm.......

“WWE Goes Viral” which will be a collection of WWE videos, both produced by the promotion and those put together by fans.  I guess, as long as they're legit funny.

“WWE Kids,” which would be an offshoot of the original WWE Kids concept. This would have young kids doing interviews with WWE stars, compete with them in games and also have them announce WWE matches.  That sounds great, but what about NXT Kids?  I still want that show.

“WWE Promo Battle” would have talent battle in improv promos wars in a tournament where fans on social media and a panel of judges will vote on who cuts the best promo. This is scary because a show like this may produce better promos than Raw or Smackdown and that would expose the overscripting aspect of those shows.  Did they think of this before or after Rock announced a similar thing for his Youtube channel?

“WWE Roast,” which would be to tape roasts of legends.  In a just world, yes have them drunk and let the good times roll.

“WWE Superstars Search” would be a new wording of the old Diva Search, a reality show where ten women compete for a WWE contract.  No, thanks, too many great women on the roster and NXT as is.

I'm not that interested in four women that couldn't tolerate Flair's shit. The Wife of Terry Funk would be neat because the same woman has been married to that crazy bastard for 50 years. 

• Like 2

To me, I think there's a lot of simple shows they could do without having to invest a lot in.  The AMA Live show seems like a simple slam dunk thing they could record back stage at TVs.

The Everyone Has a Price things eh, but it may be interesting to see what crazy shit people have.  Actually, given the rumors we've heard about Ryder's collection of stuff, I'm sure he'd be on a Superstars edition.
Extreme Eats would be funny if it's all the greatest dives everywhere... or just the rest stops on the New Jersey Turnpike.

The two dating shows just seem like bad ideas.

Miz & Mrs, All Access and Totally NXT sound like shows they've already got.  Why not just put Miz and Maryse on Total Divas?  Totally NXT should just be a new Season on Breaking Ground, I think they'd be better off not focusing just on ladies unless they're trying to attract more lady viewers.  All Access sounds more or less like the 24 series they've done on Mania and Takeover Brooklyn.  They sort of do these as website features around Mania all the time.

Not really interested in the Goldberg Show, but I can see them diversifying, maybe having Bill have on WWE people who are car nuts.

The Tap Out thing while I probably wouldn't watch it, if they have Cesaro on doing freaky feats of strength, I'd watch at least once.

The Ex-Wives of Flair seems like the worst idea in history unless it's something WWE is doing to try to help get Ric out of alimony or something.

WWE Game Night is something I love on the youtube, again, it's another thing that they could probably film with the crew at TV just fucking around.  To be honest, a lot of their talent who is not prominently featured get to shine of things like Game Night and UUDD.

Just watched IYH: Beware of Dog. Decent Bulldog/HBK match but you can see HBK throwing a mini-tantrum at the lady in the front row screaming at him while BUlldog has him in a headlock and he also gets visibly annoyed with Earl tells him that they have to go home early.

15 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Just watched IYH: Beware of Dog. Decent Bulldog/HBK match but you can see HBK throwing a mini-tantrum at the lady in the front row screaming at him while BUlldog has him in a headlock and he also gets visibly annoyed with Earl tells him that they have to go home early.

This, IYH: International Incident and The SummerSlam '96, are prime examples of HBK being a total unprofessional dick. 

The IYH I mentioned (and admittedly haven't watched in recent times, but kind of remember the spot) has a moment in the match where Vader has him in a bear hug, and Shawn just stands there. Granted, there was fan interference during it, but it wasn't effecting him. He's just...there...being hugged by the Mastadon, for a long time. 

Unless I'm confusing it with the rematch at KOTR, the match you mention has him in a headlock spot, just laying there, talking to Earl like its nothing. You can even see fans in the front pointing at him, as if they're like, "Look at this asshole." 

We all know it, so it's not an off-the-cuff, but he was a real asshole. He gets praise, and deservedly so for being a great performer. But he's like the musician who says they always give 100%, but in actuality, they do until they get a gig that doesn't have a large crowd and they tank every song and claim it's art or that the crowd wasn't appreciative. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

This, IYH: International Incident and The SummerSlam '96, are prime examples of HBK being a total unprofessional dick. 

The IYH I mentioned (and admittedly haven't watched in recent times, but kind of remember the spot) has a moment in the match where Vader has him in a bear hug, and Shawn just stands there. Granted, there was fan interference during it, but it wasn't effecting him. He's just...there...being hugged by the Mastadon, for a long time. 

Unless I'm confusing it with the rematch at KOTR, the match you mention has him in a headlock spot, just laying there, talking to Earl like its nothing. You can even see fans in the front pointing at him, as if they're like, "Look at this asshole." 

We all know it, so it's not an off-the-cuff, but he was a real asshole. He gets praise, and deservedly so for being a great performer. But he's like the musician who says they always give 100%, but in actuality, they do until they get a gig that doesn't have a large crowd and they tank every song and claim it's art or that the crowd wasn't appreciative. 

Not to mention the human pinball example he set in his match with Hogan

I always felt like Shawn's bumping with Hogan was silly, but it was fairly close to how he bumped as a heel during his original run. Going out on Raw the next night and reminding everyone he lost because it's a work was way more unprofessional. 

I am a huge Shawn Michaels fan, but will always take great joy that after all the backstage politics and refusing to job during his younger years, he finally ran headfirst into a master political manipulator that not even he could overpower. No sympathy at all for HBK falling victim to Hogan working the situation to maximize his favor.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

I am a huge Shawn Michaels fan, but will always take great joy that after all the backstage politics and refusing to job during his younger years, he finally ran headfirst into a master political manipulator that not even he could overpower. No sympathy at all for HBK falling victim to Hogan working the situation to maximize his favor.

You can't out brother the brother......Brother

• Like 2

On 7/16/2016 at 1:50 AM, PetrolCB said:

That Shawn/Hogan match was actually art, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

You can't out brother the brother......Brother

That reminds me of an interview Sid cut on Jeff Jarrett before Uncensored 2000 (which I had the "pleasure" of attending). He said something like, "Jeff Jarrett thinks that he's the master and the ruler of the world but I'm already the master and ruler of the world and Jeff Jarrett you can not be the master of the master." I know that's a terrible run-on sentence but that's how he said it.

Sid had some unintentionally funny interviews everywhere he went  not to mention the squeegee incident, scissors, and softball.  Surprised Russo didn't combat Angle's 3 I's  with Sid's  3 S's     Squeegee. scissors, softball.    He could add a 4th and use Sid too just to trump him.