DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

That Hardy documentary was something else entirely. Matt and Jeff didn't hold anything back they were brutally honest. The TNA footage was surreal as was them discussing the Sting match. First time I have ever heard Sting discuss it. One of the better if not the best WWE 24 I have seen. I've watched all of them.

• Like 3

On the Sep 27/93 episode of Raw, Vince repeatedly calls IRS "Mr. Rotundo" during an interview. He must catch it, because at the end of the interview he makes a point of saying "Mr. Schyster" twice. Fun little McMahon slip up that didn't happen much.

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2018 at 4:44 PM, elizium said:

On the Sep 27/93 episode of Raw, Vince repeatedly calls IRS "Mr. Rotundo" during an interview. He must catch it, because at the end of the interview he makes a point of saying "Mr. Schyster" twice. Fun little McMahon slip up that didn't happen much.

There's also a clip floating around of an episode from around that era of Raw where Bob Backlund was calling Diesel Mr. Nash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

There's also a clip floating around of an episode from around that era of Raw where Bob Backlund was calling Diesel Mr. Nash.

Shawn is kind of funny here after he says it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Hopefully they work out better than previously recorded callups like Cass/Enzo and Tyler Breeze.

Yeah I am thinking they should probably just hold onto these "call up" videos until after someone wins a major title or has a major Wrestlemania match of note.

• Like 1

The Women's Evolution collection (which is arguably a better set than the recently released Then Now Forever DVD) has some intriguing rarities, including a 2010 AJ Lee FCW match, Alundra Blayze's 1993 title win, Wendi Richter getting screwed out of the title in 1985, etc:

• Like 1

Today's "Hidden Gem":

"All Aboard the Lex Express
Join Lex Luger on his cross-country journey to SummerSlam with never-before-seen footage from the USS Intrepid and on the Lex Express!

It's dated as 07/04/1993 and has a runtime of 3 HOURS!"

Can I make a motion for all of us to force @piranesi to watch and review this. Do I have a second?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

Today's "Hidden Gem":

Join Lex Luger on his cross-country journey to SummerSlam with never-before-seen footage from the USS Intrepid and on the Lex Express!

Can I make a motion for all of us to force @piranesi to watch and review this. Do I have a second?

Hell yeah, just finished watching SummerSlam 93 and always mark out for the Luger video playing at the end, even the song the Network dubbed over I'll Be Your Hero is still great.

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

Today's "Hidden Gem":

We may need a half hour on the Luger interview with that Captain guy from Milwaukee with the kids cartoon show alone.  Something tells me his story doesn't have a great ending for some of those children :ph34r:

10 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

THREE HOURS of Lex Express video footage?! Unbelievable gift to us all.

I'm an hour in, and as a video production guy, I was actually kinda in awe they put up an hour of a raw camera feed of the Intrepid show.

I can't say I feel the same about them doing the same for 10 minutes of a tour bus driving down the road.  I actually sat there for five minutes before I realized nothing was going to happen.

Tomorrow’s gem will be a full, 48-minute TV episode. To be precise, the 07/14/1984 episode of World Championship Wrestling is set to land on the WWE Network tomorrow! Yes indeed, this is the show that is infamously known as “Black Saturday”,

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/07/11/exclusive-information-on-tomorrows-hidden-gem-full-historic-episode-featured/