DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Thoughts on WWF Armageddeon 99

Kurt Angle (doing his heel Three-I's gimmick) beat Steve Blackman cleanly. Then Blackman, the babyface, attacked him with nunchucks. Attitude!

Miss Kitty had a big night. She won the Women's title in an evening gown swimming pool match and removed her top. I'm sure today's female wrestlers are glad they don't have to "compete" in matches like that. She later posed with Intercontinental champion Chyna as they held up both belts.

Chyna dropped the IC title to Chris Jericho, who wrestled more aggressively than in their first meeting and forced her to tap out in the middle of the ring. Chyna came up to the new champion later and shook his hand in respect. This was more like a real sport than real sports.

Rikishi called himself "Rah-kishi" in his pre-match promo. He was lumped into a "fat guy" tag team against Crash and Hardcore Holly, who demanded superheavyweight opponents. Of course, Rikishi and Viscera couldn't get along and lost.

Kane's steel cage match with X-Pac had the interesting stipulation that Kane could only win by pinfall, but X-Pac could also escape the cage. Kane ended the feud by destroying X-Pac with a tombstone piledriver.

Speaking of feud-ending destructions, The Big Show paid back Big Bossman for all of his evils with a convincing victory in just over 3 minutes. That was one of the shortest WWF title matches ever, bested by Bruno over Buddy Rogers, Hogan over Yokozuna, and (of course) Diesel over Bob Backlund. 

The Rock and Sock Connection fought the New Age Outlaws for 16 minutes, only to have the match end with an Al Snow run-in for the DQ. That ending seemed like a punchline from one of Mick Foley's books. 

Triple H is the MVP for secretly marrying the boss' daughter, dragging her 53-year-old dad through a 30-minute main event, and uniting with her at the end for a partnership that would dominate the company for decades. Now that's a worthy angle to end the millennium.

• Like 1

Just started watching the old ECW major shows uploaded to the Network (in the PPV section, even though they aren't.)  JT Smith vs. Mike Awesome on The Night the Line was Crossed has two of the craziest moments I've ever seen.  One brutal, one hysterical.  In the span of three minutes.  I have no idea how I have never seen this until now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Just started watching the old ECW major shows uploaded to the Network (in the PPV section, even though they aren't.)  JT Smith vs. Mike Awesome on The Night the Line was Crossed has two of the craziest moments I've ever seen.  One brutal, one hysterical.  In the span of three minutes.  I have no idea how I have never seen this until now. 

Slightly spoilering if you're planning on watching and don't know the results yet.

That match is literally the only thing I can recommend about that card. What a horrid shit show. I love that the crowd doesn't really care too much for Awesome and then he gets monster over in 2 minutes...and then that ending. Hilarious.

Rest of the card can be dumped in the trash. It took me about 3 hours to watch the main, the post match interview stuff was great though. Good pathos from the Funker.

Funniest moment for me was Taz holding Tanaka (wrestling in sweats and a t-shirt) in a half crab for 5 minutes waiting for Sheik to throw a fireball...and the camera missed it. Impressive with there being only one camera.

Watching the 1992 ECW shows on Hidden Gems.  Dick Graham's performance is the worst of all time.  Not sure I have ever seen a post-match attack angle that the announcer didn't even notice only to then ramble about things that have nothing to do with anything.  

On 7/17/2019 at 10:50 PM, sydneybrown said:

Just started watching the old ECW major shows uploaded to the Network (in the PPV section, even though they aren't).

Yeah they really need to restructure the sections for each promotion. It’s sometimes confusing when finding this stuff. 

Well good news then

Network redesign is rolling out this week.

This is basically due to the new people who are doing the Network infrastructure.

They claim the navigation will be simpler and better and in the video they put out one of the things they claim is that the search feature will be better

On 7/24/2019 at 3:25 PM, RIPPA said:

Well good news then

Network redesign is rolling out this week.

This is basically due to the new people who are doing the Network infrastructure.

They claim the navigation will be simpler and better and in the video they put out one of the things they claim is that the search feature will be better

Network redesign relaunched on Roku today, and it failed one small test to see if it'd work or not.

....it is 2019.

Bingewatching is a big deal in entertainment on streaming.

Netflix and Chill has been a common phrase for four years now.

SO WHY, THE FUCK, AM I NOT ABLE, TO HAVE THE WWE NETWORK, AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE NEXT EPISODE OF A TV SERIES AFTER I FINISH THE FIRST ONE?

At least they fixed the problem of, for a Netflix example- "You watched S1, E1 of Stranger Things. Here, we'll start S1, E2 of Stranger Things", as opposed to if WWE Network ran Netflix, "You watched S1, E1 of Stranger Things. Here, we'll start S2, E1 of Stranger Things."

Now it's just..."you finished the episode? Great. Now find the next episode entirely. And we're not putting a red line up when you finish it to make it harder on you to find the next episode."

This is a small piece, but it's such a necessary part of streaming not having it alone makes this new relaunch fail. Netflix, Hulu...shit, Impact Plus has it. You're not as good as IMPACT. IMPACT, for Pete's sake!

• Like 1

I haven't watched anything yet on the new version but I did see after logging back in that my 'Continue Watching' section is gone.  Granted 90% of the stuff in it I was never gone to watch or was at the last minute but did have something that I was watching from yesterday.   If they got rid of that feature, it better have a good resume on the play

I guess if you are used to Netflix then this will be fine.  

Oh shit I just realized they removed the Collections section from the Network and I can't find the Hidden Gems section.  CHRISTMAS IS RUINED  ?

Edited by hammerva

Continue Watching is still there, but I guess you have to be watching a show for a certain amount of time for it to register. It makes it really difficult for me to load up stuff on my laptop to watch on Roku TV. Between that and losing all the Collection stuff, this update officially stinks.

On browser, the pause and +/- ten second buttons are dead in the middle of the picture when I move my cursor. They're dead to me.

Side rant: I sometimes forget just how bra-and-panties-heavy the bra-and-panties-era is. And then I run into something called a Fulfill Your Fantasy battle royal. Yikes.

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Oh shit I just realized they removed the Collections section from the Network and I can't find the Hidden Gems section.  CHRISTMAS IS RUINED  ?

Seeing Collections missing is a "Don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" situation for me and I'm hoping that comes back.  I feel more positive about Hidden Gems as they keep releasing new stuff.  But if that just goes under something else then major boo-urns to that.

I'm being as patient with this as I can considering the week's not over yet so hopefully this will all be fine by next week.  If not then I'll be contacting whatever support team to see what's going on.

Apparently the new format also screwed the WWE Network Updates twitter page as the bot or whatever can't figure out if a program is now new or not.   

Also there is a house show from Nashville being shown on the Network tomorrow.

Edited by hammerva

Any other Canadians having a hard time logging in after the update? You can log into your WWE account but it won’t let you log in to your cable provider to actually watch anything.

Naturally tech support isn't responding.

11 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Seeing Collections missing is a "Don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" situation for me and I'm hoping that comes back.  I feel more positive about Hidden Gems as they keep releasing new stuff.  But if that just goes under something else then major boo-urns to that.

I'm being as patient with this as I can considering the week's not over yet so hopefully this will all be fine by next week.  If not then I'll be contacting whatever support team to see what's going on.

I can't find the collections dump but you can still search for everything and it will come up.  

13 hours ago, Critts said:

Any other Canadians having a hard time logging in after the update? You can log into your WWE account but it won’t let you log in to your cable provider to actually watch anything.

Naturally tech support isn't responding.

Seems like it depends on the device. My PC is working just fine. I've heard other people having similar experiences to yours.

I have not yet used the network heavily since the change to the new system, but so far the cons highly outweigh the pros (I am using PS4):

- stability seems to be worse, I get buffering all the time (maybe they have no servers overseas and/or worse uplink speed in Europe or something like that?)

- my "continue watching" list is full of stuff I have completed viewing a long time ago, I assume in the new system shows don't disappear once you have finished them

- rewinding or fast-forwarding is a mess; I don't want to jump in 10 s steps; that worked way better in the old app

- on the website, the "continue watching" stuff is even worse, at least on the app I can get my full list, somewhere in the account setting, on the website I only get 6 shows (and therefore no way to clean up the list for PS4; cleaning up via mouse is way more convenient than via gamepad)

The app on my Fire stick just flat out doesn't work, but it also doesn't look like an update has pushed to it yet.  Everything comes back with a super generic error message about being unable to play video. The 360 app was discontinued, so I guess I will have to try to watch on the PS4.

What a bummer, I am like 3 weeks behind on 205 Live.

It's has to be localized, as I have no issues on the Fire Stick or the website. 

Buffering isn't due to the app, it's due to the connection between you and the server.

The Untold story about the formation of Team Hell No was really great.   Those Dr Shelby segments were a lot funnier that I remembered in the beginning.  

I also loved that both Kane and Bryan hated the "I'm the tag team champion" because of how bad the grammar is 

Edited by hammerva