On 6/28/2019 at 3:11 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

“Masato Tanaka is one bad *bleeping for over ten seconds*” - Taz

What the fuck did he say!?!?

He shut his mouth.

But he was just talkin' bout Tanaka.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WWE is a billion-dollar company. Their production values are pretty much top of the line, if a little boring by this point. Somehow they think it's okay to let the terrible audio on their "Untold Story" shows slip through. I don't get it. Why is everyone recorded from what sounds like the phone in A-block at the county jail?

13 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

WWE is a billion-dollar company. Their production values are pretty much top of the line, if a little boring by this point. Somehow they think it's okay to let the terrible audio on their "Untold Story" shows slip through. I don't get it. Why is everyone recorded from what sounds like the phone in A-block at the county jail?

It’s my least favorite of the “Original” series. Just so cheaply produced to fill a spot in a back catalogue that isn’t needed. They have enough of these programs already.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:39 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s my least favorite of the “Original” series. Just so cheaply produced to fill a spot in a back catalogue that isn’t needed. They have enough of these programs already.

Really? Cuz I’ve enjoyed them I like that it’s audio or archived footage but I like that style of documentary:

On 7/2/2019 at 11:45 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I still don’t know how the AWA episode from 4/10/88 still has Bad Company coming out to the song Bad Company. I very much doubt the WWE has the rights to that song.

Because you and along with 5 people have actually watched it?  There is at least one NWA episode where the Midnight Express theme plays too.  Technically, WWE can play whatever music they want.  It's only when the rights-owner notices that they get sued.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Because you and along with 5 people have actually watched it?  There is at least one NWA episode where the Midnight Express theme plays too.  Technically, WWE can play whatever music they want.  It's only when the rights-owner notices that they get sued.  

Still not as good as the Saturday Nights Main Event where Valentine and Beefcake come out for a tag team title defense to We Are The Champions and they missed overdubbing THAT. 

• Like 1

My Nitro rewatch is in the 98’ era, and it’s been a struggle to get through these. They’ve sadly been getting rid of the in retrospective random dream matches. So I’ve decided to add that week’s Thunder to my rotation. I thought this would be a mistake, but quite frankly it hasn’t. All those random matches booking style I loved got moved to this show. Just got finished watching a very entertaining Mike Enos Vs. Lenny Lane match from September 17, 1998. Featuring Mike absolutely killing Lenny Lane on a corner to corner biel.

Somewhere out there in an alternate universe Mike Enos went to All Japan in the 90’s, and became a Triple Crown Champion.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Not sure who got this email from WWE but it had a link to a survey.  Figured I'd link to it here for those that want to fill it out.  https://www.wweresearch.com/se/0B880140279D275D?id=59f3b64524c17c441abd8dc1&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Actives Survey 2019-07-09&utm_term=Survey-Actives

19 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not sure who got this email from WWE but it had a link to a survey.  Figured I'd link to it here for those that want to fill it out.  https://www.wweresearch.com/se/0B880140279D275D?id=59f3b64524c17c441abd8dc1&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Actives Survey 2019-07-09&utm_term=Survey-Actives

It’s just two questions right? After I clicked “no one”, when it asked “Who else in your home watches the Network” it ended.

12 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s just two questions right? After I clicked “no one”, when it asked “Who else in your home watches the Network” it ended.

Yeah, I noticed that also.  But since my wife watches with me occasionally I selected the "other adult" option and that led to all kinds if questions.  Not sure if you'd want to game it like that but if so that'll do it.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:45 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I still don’t know how the AWA episode from 4/10/88 still has Bad Company coming out to the song Bad Company. I very much doubt the WWE has the rights to that song.

There's another random AWA episode where The Midnight Rockers come out to "Livin' After Midnight". Also, I swear I've heard The Rock & Roll Express come out to "Boogie Woogie Dancehall" on The Network. I want to say it was a Clash they forgot to over dub.

• Like 2

This part of the survey cracked me up:

For this survey, we would like to interview the adult in your household who watches WWE Network most often. If that person is available, please ask him or her to complete the survey now. If he or she is not available now, please ask him or her to come back and complete the survey at a convenient time, using the link that we provided in the email invitation.

33 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

This part of the survey cracked me up:

It's a good thing that person they described was me and I had all the time in the world.  Don't know if what I said will mean anything (likely not) but it sure felt good to say it anyway.

• Like 1

Thoughts on WWF Armageddeon 99

Kurt Angle (doing his heel Three-I's gimmick) beat Steve Blackman cleanly. Then Blackman, the babyface, attacked him with nunchucks. Attitude!

Miss Kitty had a big night. She won the Women's title in an evening gown swimming pool match and removed her top. I'm sure today's female wrestlers are glad they don't have to "compete" in matches like that. She later posed with Intercontinental champion Chyna as they held up both belts.

Chyna dropped the IC title to Chris Jericho, who wrestled more aggressively than in their first meeting and forced her to tap out in the middle of the ring. Chyna came up to the new champion later and shook his hand in respect. This was more like a real sport than real sports.

Rikishi called himself "Rah-kishi" in his pre-match promo. He was lumped into a "fat guy" tag team against Crash and Hardcore Holly, who demanded superheavyweight opponents. Of course, Rikishi and Viscera couldn't get along and lost.

Kane's steel cage match with X-Pac had the interesting stipulation that Kane could only win by pinfall, but X-Pac could also escape the cage. Kane ended the feud by destroying X-Pac with a tombstone piledriver.

Speaking of feud-ending destructions, The Big Show paid back Big Bossman for all of his evils with a convincing victory in just over 3 minutes. That was one of the shortest WWF title matches ever, bested by Bruno over Buddy Rogers, Hogan over Yokozuna, and (of course) Diesel over Bob Backlund. 

The Rock and Sock Connection fought the New Age Outlaws for 16 minutes, only to have the match end with an Al Snow run-in for the DQ. That ending seemed like a punchline from one of Mick Foley's books. 

Triple H is the MVP for secretly marrying the boss' daughter, dragging her 53-year-old dad through a 30-minute main event, and uniting with her at the end for a partnership that would dominate the company for decades. Now that's a worthy angle to end the millennium.

• Like 1

Just started watching the old ECW major shows uploaded to the Network (in the PPV section, even though they aren't.)  JT Smith vs. Mike Awesome on The Night the Line was Crossed has two of the craziest moments I've ever seen.  One brutal, one hysterical.  In the span of three minutes.  I have no idea how I have never seen this until now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Just started watching the old ECW major shows uploaded to the Network (in the PPV section, even though they aren't.)  JT Smith vs. Mike Awesome on The Night the Line was Crossed has two of the craziest moments I've ever seen.  One brutal, one hysterical.  In the span of three minutes.  I have no idea how I have never seen this until now. 

Slightly spoilering if you're planning on watching and don't know the results yet.

That match is literally the only thing I can recommend about that card. What a horrid shit show. I love that the crowd doesn't really care too much for Awesome and then he gets monster over in 2 minutes...and then that ending. Hilarious.

Rest of the card can be dumped in the trash. It took me about 3 hours to watch the main, the post match interview stuff was great though. Good pathos from the Funker.

Funniest moment for me was Taz holding Tanaka (wrestling in sweats and a t-shirt) in a half crab for 5 minutes waiting for Sheik to throw a fireball...and the camera missed it. Impressive with there being only one camera.