DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 6/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You know I got curious, and decided to watch the 4th to last episode of Nitro. I had no idea they edited out Kid Romeo’s, and Primetime’s  themes. So disappointed by this.

Atrocious. Prime Times fake DMX shit was over in my house

• Like 2

I watched the WCW untold show and they showed a newspaper article from 2001 detailing Bischoff's deal falling apart and it mentioned World Wrestling Entertainment a couple of times. It confused me for a few seconds until I realised they overlaid World Wrestling Entertainment on top of World Wrestling Federation but in a smaller font size so they could fit it in. That seemed like an unnecessary change.

Thoughts on Survivor Series 99

Godfather, D-Lo and the Headbangers all dressed as pimps. After their win, referee Tim White danced with the hos for the second straight PPV. 

Kurt Angle's debut win over Shawn Stasiak was not a squash. Stasiak actually looked great with some impressive offense. Angle was curiously touted as "the most celebrated real athlete in WWF history."

Poor Davey Boy Smith looked on with disdain as the Mean Street Posse was wiped out by Mark Henry, Gangrel and Steve Blackman. He mounted a babyface-like comeback, but he couldn't outlast Henry and Val Venis.

Fabulous Moolah pinned Ivory for the second straight PPV to win the one-fall women's match. Of course, Moolah wrestled at the first Survivor Series in 1987.

Chris Jericho worked incredibly hard to drag a great match out of Chyna and give her credibility as Intercontinental champion. Jericho ended up winning the IC title more than anyone else (10 times).

Since the last PPV, the tag team titles bounced from Mankind & The Rock to the Hollys to Mankind & Al Snow to The New Age Outlaws. Here, the Outlaws retained the belts over Mankind & Snow. The Monday Night War with WCW is probably why the title change happened on TV instead of PPV.

Big Show is the MVP for beating up his own teammates on Sunday Night Heat, wiping out Bossman's teammates and sending him running, and then beating Triple H and The Rock to win the WWF title. He bounced from heel to face to heel to face in his first nine months in the company. Someone realized that booking Big Show as an unstoppable giant was a good idea.

11 hours ago, Gorman said:

Thoughts on Survivor Series 99

Godfather, D-Lo and the Headbangers all dressed as pimps. After their win, referee Tim White danced with the hos for the second straight PPV. 

Kurt Angle's debut win over Shawn Stasiak was not a squash. Stasiak actually looked great with some impressive offense. Angle was curiously touted as "the most celebrated real athlete in WWF history."

Poor Davey Boy Smith looked on with disdain as the Mean Street Posse was wiped out by Mark Henry, Gangrel and Steve Blackman. He mounted a babyface-like comeback, but he couldn't outlast Henry and Val Venis.

Fabulous Moolah pinned Ivory for the second straight PPV to win the one-fall women's match. Of course, Moolah wrestled at the first Survivor Series in 1987.

Chris Jericho worked incredibly hard to drag a great match out of Chyna and give her credibility as Intercontinental champion. Jericho ended up winning the IC title more than anyone else (10 times).

Since the last PPV, the tag team titles bounced from Mankind & The Rock to the Hollys to Mankind & Al Snow to The New Age Outlaws. Here, the Outlaws retained the belts over Mankind & Snow. The Monday Night War with WCW is probably why the title change happened on TV instead of PPV.

Big Show is the MVP for beating up his own teammates on Sunday Night Heat, wiping out Bossman's teammates and sending him running, and then beating Triple H and The Rock to win the WWF title. He bounced from heel to face to heel to face in his first nine months in the company. Someone realized that booking Big Show as an unstoppable giant was a good idea.

I remember watching this ppv at our campus bar in Miami and everyone was convinced Test was going to be inserted into the main event and win the title. We were all surprised when it was Big Show.

• Like 1

Aside from the NXT's I think it's safe to say WWE Untold is the best WWE Programming running right now. It's so simple but compelling it's awesome.

They should do a Hogan-Russo Bash at the Beach one. They can get Bischoff, Hogan, Jarrett and Booker. Was Charles Robinson the Ref?

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

@The Great ML @cwoy2j  Hey dudes.  Guess what?  I'm cross posting but we were talking Crockett Cups and look it here..   WWE Network just dropped the '86 Cup.  Over 4 HOURS of footage from it.  Damn near everything.   Crazy stuff. 

Happy Day...I just watched the Fabs / Fantastics uncut as well as Buzz/Steiner vs. Koko / ItalianStallion...good stuff!

• Like 3

On 6/7/2019 at 2:42 AM, Gorman said:

This was the final match of a series to earn Terri's services as a manager

I remember this being a major part of the angle, but don't remember it actually happening after the series. Did the Hardy's just fob her off?

44 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I remember this being a major part of the angle, but don't remember it actually happening after the series. Did the Hardy's just fob her off?

They dumped Gangrel and stuck with Terri, because she was with the Hardys at least through Armageddon.

4 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Holy shit. Also didn't know that Koko B. Ware was in this tournament. Heck, I didn't even know he ever appeared in JCP. This would've had to have been right before he jumped to WWF.

The 1986 version of the Crockett Cup was the best because it included many different territories like Memphis, Mid South,  and Florida.   I mean it had Tiger Mask and Baba who probably never worked Crockett before and after that.  I doubt Koko and Fabs worked other Crockett shows.  

In 1987 they did but I seem to remember it being mostly lower card guys from Central States and Florida

Edited by hammerva

10 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Holy shit. Also didn't know that Koko B. Ware was in this tournament. Heck, I didn't even know he ever appeared in JCP. This would've had to have been right before he jumped to WWF.

I was shocked how long the first round matches were. In a 24 team one night single elimination tournament, you would not expect a Buzz Sawyer & 1986 Rick Steiner vs. Koko B. Ware & Italian Stalion first round match to go more than 15 minutes. Heck, you would not even expect it to go more than 6 minutes. The whole show must have taken close to 6 hours. This version still lacks the first 5 matches and cuts from one match finish directly to the introduction of the next match and this is still more than 4 hours.

3 hours ago, Robert s said:

I was shocked how long the first round matches were. In a 24 team one night single elimination tournament, you would not expect a Buzz Sawyer & 1986 Rick Steiner vs. Koko B. Ware & Italian Stalion first round match to go more than 15 minutes. Heck, you would not even expect it to go more than 6 minutes. The whole show must have taken close to 6 hours. This version still lacks the first 5 matches and cuts from one match finish directly to the introduction of the next match and this is still more than 4 hours.

Yep, like odessasteps said, there was a 2pm afternoon show that consisted of the first round matches and two second round matches, and then I believe a 7pm evening show. On the Network stream the switch from afternoon to evening is when Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone do the introductions/anthem and everything switches to a multi-cam edit instead of single ringside camera. 

7 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Yep, like odessasteps said, there was a 2pm afternoon show that consisted of the first round matches and two second round matches, and then I believe a 7pm evening show. On the Network stream the switch from afternoon to evening is when Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone do the introductions/anthem and everything switches to a multi-cam edit instead of single ringside camera. 

Thanks, I was not aware of that (as I have only seen the first two matches so far and only saw that is being listed from one day).

20 hours ago, hammerva said:

The 1986 version of the Crockett Cup was the best because it included many different territories like Memphis, Mid South,  and Florida.   I mean it had Tiger Mask and Baba who probably never worked Crockett before and after that.  I doubt Koko and Fabs worked other Crockett shows.  

In 1987 they did but I seem to remember it being mostly lower card guys from Central States and Florida

I feel like Sam Houston, Bass and that crew were Central States guys, right? And Sullivan and Rotundo were working Florida at that point too I believe.

Double post.

Edited by cwoy2j

Double post.

Edited by cwoy2j

On 6/21/2019 at 10:15 AM, hammerva said:

Baba was in 87 too, I hope they upload that next.