DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

the WCW matches from Inoki's World Wrestling Peace Festival in '96. i don't think these have ever been unearthed.

Konnan/Jericho/Bigelow and Benoit/Wright are on YouTube.  I know I traded for the triple threat in my tape trading days.  I assume the whole card exists in full.

• Thanks 1

The Magee match was what everyone said after I got done watching it. Bret made the match look competent. It’s so obvious Magee would be lost otherwise. He did have lots of potential. So I can see why Vince took a liking to him.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 5/14/2019 at 2:56 PM, odessasteps said:

With the Battle of Atlanta and the Bret/Magee match bei g unearthed, what are the remaining undiscovered rarities?

I know we have done this before, but I think a while ago. 

What about that Worldwide taping with Sid as world champ before he was fired.

That was a cool documentary about the Bret Hart-Tom Magee match. Magee came off as a really likable person. Bret is really one of the bests ever. 

I liked what Sam Roberts said about how it took 6 years for the WWE to realize they had everything they were looking for in that match but they had it in Bret Hart. So much truth. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Great ML said:

I'd like to at least get the old Crockett Home Videos on the network...Bash 85-87, Crockett Cups.

The intro to Bash 87 on that old VHS I had was FIYAH!

Is that the "MATCH BEYOND" with the match lighting the dynamite and then exploding the voiceover goes "WARGAMES...  have BEGUN.." 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Love it, everything comes off so must see. Flair pimping the GAB 86 video is great.

Crockett Cup 87 was always my fav intro video, The Hit

Pretty much all the events are great too outside of Crockett Cup which I unfortunately have never seen so I can't comment.

• Like 1

The Bret/Magee match was good and it's easy to see why Vince thought he could have someone worth polishing. It's also clear that Magee was being led in it. His timing was off on spots. His movement was awkward. Despite all that, Bret led him to a decent tv match. I need to do a deep dive on Bret. By late-97 when I got into wrestling, I wasn't seeing anything too impressive out of him and a lot of my dives on older footage were of other wrestlers. 

Watching those NWA ads got me pumped but one odd thing I noticed was their overuse of "hot" as a description for the wrestling. It started to sound like the comments section on those weird muscle bear wrestling matches on Youtube. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Watching those NWA ads got me pumped but one odd thing I noticed was their overuse of "hot" as a description for the wrestling. It started to sound like the comments section on those weird muscle bear wrestling matches on Youtube. 

What other adjective would you use for the Men of the NWA swimsuit calendar with the nominal purchase of the Danger Zone cassette?

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 7:22 PM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I need to do a deep dive on Bret. By late-97 when I got into wrestling, I wasn't seeing anything too impressive out of him and a lot of my dives on older footage were of other wrestlers. 

FWIW there was a Bret Hart appreciation thread that was started a month or so ago in the general wrestling section.  It has tons of clips and things to check out so that should do the trick.

• Thanks 1

The new WWE 24 on Becky Lynch is great.  Again it is impossible to hate her after watching this and how far she has come.    I had no idea that Barbie decided to do a set for the Wrestlemania 3 way match with Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky and didn't include Becky in it.  And she was at the damn panel when they announced it.  How can you not have a complex after that  ?

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

The new WWE 24 on Becky Lynch is great.  Again it is impossible to hate her after watching this and how far she has come.    I had no idea that Barbie decided to do a set for the Wrestlemania 3 way match with Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky and didn't include Becky in it.  And she was at the damn panel when they announced it.  How can you not have a complex after that  ?

She'll be back to wearing a shirt again. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:27 PM, DreamBroken said:

Love it, everything comes off so must see. Flair pimping the GAB 86 video is great.

Crockett Cup 87 was always my fav intro video, The Hit

• Like 1

I wish they'd put the Crockett Cups up on the Network. There's a really good Ole/Big Bubba cage match on the original VHS. Plus you get to see Jim Cornette throwing a fireball at Road Warrior Animal.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 2