DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/shields-last-chapter-air-live-wwe-network-281691

THE SHIELD'S LAST CHAPTER TO AIR LIVE ON WWE NETWORK

WWE is promoting that The Shield's final match as a trio will stream live on Sunday night.

"The Shield's Last Chapter" will air live on the WWE Network at 9:30 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday (April 21). It will feature Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose's final match as a team, though WWE has yet to announce their opponents.

An Intercontinental title defense by Finn Balor will also air on the broadcast. His opponent is to be announced.

Raw's Sunday night house show is taking place at the TaxSlayer Center in Moline, Illinois.

The Shield held a sendoff for Ambrose after last Monday's Raw in Brooklyn, New York went off the air. Dave Meltzer reported that Ambrose is at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada for tonight's Raw. Ambrose's contract with WWE expires this month, and WWE confirmed in January that he will be leaving when his contract is up.

The Shield most recently teamed together in the main event of March's Fastlane pay-per-view, defeating Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley & Drew McIntyre. That was also promoted as Reigns, Rollins & Ambrose's final match as a team.

Finns opponent has been announced as Andrade I wonder if they put the strap on Andrade here, he id pin the Champ non title on Monday.

Edited by Web Conn

At this rate I am expecting the Shield Final Final Chapter to be around Wrestlemania 36.     Granted most of these have been dark matches or house shows but jesus how many of these can you really do 

Edited by hammerva

Just in case folks missed it - a new Ride Along dropped at the beginning of the month with New Day in one car and Andrade/Selina Vega in the other.

They have also filmed at least one other episode that will have

R-Truth and Carmella
Aleister Black and Ricochet

• 2 weeks later...

Passing the time on night shift watching the Roman Reigns Chronicle special. This thing starts off with our intrepid off screen interviewer asking Roman if he felt guilty not sharing his cancer battles on air before now so he could spread awareness and help people. And I get that idea in theory, but Jesus H. Christ what kind of question is that? Roman, or any other wrestler, owes us nothing about their personal lives. He chooses to share, great. But to ask a man if he feels guilty about not wanting to go public about something that is scary as shit and is hard for anyone to deal with? Screw all that.

Now ask him if he felt guilty about wearing a man bun at the WrestleMania:Pirate Ship press conference. THAT is something to regret

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is more like "Found Match that we were hoping would be forever lost".  Luckily you can't just hide things like you used to.  Interested if the documentary will be legit or more of a mockumentary given one of the people in the match.  I would be interested in why they felt the need to hide it that much

Edited by hammerva

2 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I think the story was that Bret owned the master copy and they bought it back from him after a bunch of interest was stirred up for the match recently.

Unless things have been updated, I don’t think that’s how dave explained it a couple weeks ago.  

So I guess the WWE is trying to tell me to upgrade my technology

Apparently when they mention "Windows 10 Desktop" there is an actual WWE Network app on Windows that won't work anymore.  You can see it from the browser apparently.  Although I am pretty sure my phone is 2016.   Oh well Roku is still good

Shit, now I have to use it on Playstation 4 instead of on Playstation 3. I prefered PS3 as there I could control everything (thanks to having a Sony TV) with my TV remote. On PS4, I have to use the controller instead.

So how long was Magee in the business when the Bret Hart match occurred?   I mean you can see why people thought he would be great given his look and some of the flips he could do and his arm drag was really good.  But yeah his basics are really weak and just seems very rigid in the ring.   We will never know but I bet with a couple years of house show seasoning he could have been something.   It seems (I say seemed) like they didn't want to over-expose him when he probably needed all of it besides Stampede.   

I find it extremely odd that he had no idea what the WWE thought of him.  Maybe he forgot after all those years but Vince loves to blow smoke up people's ass and here is the next Hogan in their mind and kept it to themselves.  Maybe he was so young that they were worried about his ego.  I know that the 2019 version seemed extremely down to earth cool guy.

Edited by hammerva

Bret definitely got the crowd jacked.  I can see why people in the back were ecstatic.  Bret carried the shit out of him,  his movement was awkward.  Bret did some great bumping,  stooging and made everything the guy did (which wasn't much) look like gold. I'm satisfied. 

I enjoyed the match and honestly would say it lived up to the hype.  Magee definitely was stiff in some places (and that awkwardness was still there in the DiBiase match two years later) but some of those leaps (especially the sunset flip mid-match) was crisp as shit.  Gorilla deserves some credit too as he was treating him like the next big thing on commentary.  Not a five-star masterpiece or anything, but for a late 86 TV taping match that would have been fodder on Prime Time Wrestling, I thought it more than delivered.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved the special. I was really happy to see Magee at the end. Dude seems like a genuinely nice guy, and doesn't appear to hold any grudges on what could have been.

A little confused at X-Pac's inclusion on this special, though. His talking as if he was in the company during the timeline - was that intentional? I thought he didn't come in till around 1993.