DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

And it looks like Botch Club is already dead. That really sucks. It at least gave Gallows and Anderson something to do. I wonder if they really will be on their way out because at this point they're basically just jobbers.

• Sad 1

1)that really is a shame about Botch Club. It's a shame that Gallows and Anderson aren't half as entertaining in the ring as they are at...well, everything else.

2)Wade Keller brought up an idea on his podcast I didn't know I needed until now. If they made a tiered pricing for the network where you could pay extra to get a picture in picture of Vince sitting at gorilla reacting to everything around him, SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

• Like 4

On 1/28/2019 at 1:36 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I'm piling on to Seth Rollins tonight, but in the WrestleMania 24 doc he said something like "this is 34? I'd like to see the 33 other opening matches stack up to this" about the opener with Miz and Finn last year.

And, um, Bret Hart vs Owen Hart in what was arguably the best match in Mania history up to that point? (If also arguably surpassed about an hour later...) or Triple H vs Bryan?

Rollins must not have seen JBL vs Finlay. 

• Like 1

That Mark Henry botched promo when he was in OVW from the documentary should be more legendary.  

Man even the wrestlers thought the retirement angle on Cena was a shoot.   Tremendous 

This special is just awesome.  Impossible to hate him after watching this

• Like 2

In the introduce yourself thread i said he was my favorite, I ve watched  him since I was a child. The world's strongest, and one of the greatest men, Mark Henry. It makes me regret not going to NOC2011 in  buffalo even more. I just ordered a weight bench, and paid my air bill.

A small town Silsbee, Texas boy done proud. Excellent.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, olythegreat89 said:

WWE Confidential is coming to the network. I really liked this show and surprised it didn't last long. They did a good job with looking into behind the scenes stuff and highlighting some of the legends. 

So they'll bring this to the network but they still won't bring WCW Saturday Night past '92?  Or even WWF Challenge/whatever other shows not named Superstars of Wrestling?  C'mon, man.  Thank goodness at least for Monsoon Classic.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So they'll bring this to the network but they still won't bring WCW Saturday Night past '92?  Or even WWF Challenge/whatever other shows not named Superstars of Wrestling?  C'mon, man.  Thank goodness at least for Monsoon Classic.

I don't know why you're complaining to me? I'm on your side. I just like the Confidential show. But if I had to choose old school Wrestling Challenge, Saturday Night, All American, Mania (hell, even Shotgun) etc. or Confidential, I'd choose the old school content every time. 

On 2/18/2019 at 3:14 PM, olythegreat89 said:

I don't know why you're complaining to me? I'm on your side. I just like the Confidential show. But if I had to choose old school Wrestling Challenge, Saturday Night, All American, Mania (hell, even Shotgun) etc. or Confidential, I'd choose the old school content every time. 

Sorry, didn't mean for it seem like I was complaining to you.  It was meant to be more of a "preaching to the choir" type thing.  If anything I should probably get around to asking them when they do plan on releasing these on the network (not like they'd care to answer anyway)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Liked the new Untold show about the disaster known as WWECW and how it was created and failed.  Cool that isn't wasn't just the usual cast of characters and actually had interviews with the Sandman, Shane McMahon, and Big Show.  but it was mostly Paul Heyman & Tommy Dreamer.  Forgot that the original idea of the new ECW was to make it an online show that Shane decided because it would allow the show to be more edgy.    Big Show going into detail about his thoughts on that Batista match in New York was pretty funny.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making my way through '92 Superstars and while it's campy as hell I love it.  It's very much a kids show where they beat you over the head with who's good and who's bad.  But then you have the heels out to either viciously beat up or outright kill the faces (Berserker almost stabbing 'Taker with the sword, anyone?)  While watching it the two wrestlers I've grown to appreciate a lot are The Mountile and Papa Shango.  Jacques took a shit gimmick and by completely getting into it made it work quite famously.  And Shango was such a cool character and seeing his antics were really awesome.  For example, before a "match" he set a dude's feet on fire and there were very loud screams in the crowd.  I somehow missed that as a kid but that would have scared the crap out of me.  I would love to see a versions of Papa Shango in today's wrestling.  I'm now at the point where Razor's doing his introductory vignettes and damn do I love them.

• Like 2

Speaking of Jacques...

I did a 93/94 rewatch a little while ago and The Quebecors absolutely carry things on the heel end from like Summerslam 93 to just after WMX. Shawn Michaels is on one of his hiatuses and Yokozuna is presented as more of a special attraction, so they have to do a lot of the heavy lifting. Definitely the MVPs of that time period.

They were the perfect foils for the Bret/Owen split and the Kid/Jannetty title switch is rightly well regarded (definitely one of the top 5 moments of the pre97 Raws), but they were doing all sorts of great work. The post-WMX rematch against Men on a Mission is fantastic, as is the Headshrinkers title switch. It's a shame that their run ended pretty much right after losing to the Headshrinkers. The heel side of the WWF was so thin at that point they could have definitely gotten a few more months out of them with rematches with the Shrinkers or undercard stuff.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/shields-last-chapter-air-live-wwe-network-281691

THE SHIELD'S LAST CHAPTER TO AIR LIVE ON WWE NETWORK

WWE is promoting that The Shield's final match as a trio will stream live on Sunday night.

"The Shield's Last Chapter" will air live on the WWE Network at 9:30 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday (April 21). It will feature Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose's final match as a team, though WWE has yet to announce their opponents.

An Intercontinental title defense by Finn Balor will also air on the broadcast. His opponent is to be announced.

Raw's Sunday night house show is taking place at the TaxSlayer Center in Moline, Illinois.

The Shield held a sendoff for Ambrose after last Monday's Raw in Brooklyn, New York went off the air. Dave Meltzer reported that Ambrose is at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada for tonight's Raw. Ambrose's contract with WWE expires this month, and WWE confirmed in January that he will be leaving when his contract is up.

The Shield most recently teamed together in the main event of March's Fastlane pay-per-view, defeating Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley & Drew McIntyre. That was also promoted as Reigns, Rollins & Ambrose's final match as a team.

Finns opponent has been announced as Andrade I wonder if they put the strap on Andrade here, he id pin the Champ non title on Monday.

Edited by Web Conn

I had no idea they renamed that arena the "Taxslayer Center". I live an hout from there and never heard, but apparently it happened like 18 months ago.

I should check out the card and maybe give it a go

At this rate I am expecting the Shield Final Final Chapter to be around Wrestlemania 36.     Granted most of these have been dark matches or house shows but jesus how many of these can you really do 

Edited by hammerva

Just in case folks missed it - a new Ride Along dropped at the beginning of the month with New Day in one car and Andrade/Selina Vega in the other.

They have also filmed at least one other episode that will have

R-Truth and Carmella
Aleister Black and Ricochet