Les Thornton vs. Joe Lightfoot

National TV Title: The Great Kabuki vs. Ron Garvin

Mr. Wrestling #2 vs. Bob Roop

National Title: Brett Wayne vs. Jake Roberts

National Tag Title: Road Warriors vs. Jimmy Valiant & Pez Whatley

Cage Match: Tommy Rich vs. Buzz Sawyer

Cage Match: Ole Anderson vs. Paul Ellering

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here have problems with the "Continue Watching" feature? It stopped working for me on PS3 and PS4 a couple of days ago. I had problems with that in the past, though never longer than a day. It is still working via web-browser, but that does not really help much.

Now I am really pissed. As there was no reaction on my technical support request within a couple of days I registered at Twitter and sent a tweet to "Ask WWE Network" as this seems to be the best way to get help for technical problems with the network. My Twitter account got locked after 1 (in word one) tweet due to "suspicious activity", probably because someone else reported the same problem a couple of hours before me. Fuck Twitter, I won't give them my mobile phone number to unlock the account I don't even want to have. Let's just hope that this problem will be solved independently of me, if not, there are other ways to spend 10 bucks a month.

Yeah this new Hidden Gems on the "pilot" on the AWA Challenger Series is already hilariously awesome in the first 5 minutes.  Verne and his dog, those goofy track suits, the unbelievable entrance of Tommy Jammer, and the idea that instant replay and slow motion in 1989 is revolutionary TV  ?

I also look forward to some indie announcer constantly saying 'PUNCH THE BUTTON' for no really reason after watching this

• Like 2

I can't believe WWE held this back for this long.  Production-wise, this may be the saddest professional wrestling show from a legit company I've ever seen.  And it has nothing to do with the matches (which aren't that great) but how desperately the AWA tried to hide the fact that there was no one in the "arena."  

They literally cut away from an empty TV studio to show people reacting in a bar.  Even sadder, the wrestlers come out to a pre-taped audience (which you'll eventually realize is the exact crowd but from reverse angles on the right and left side.)  They literally couldn't get 20 people to fake cheer or boo this show.

Oh did I mention there's Foxy Boxing in the middle of it?  With random POV shots to imply both boxers have cameras implanted in their craniums?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I demand all wrestling shows from now on come from the SATELLITE CENTER BASE.

Wasn't the Team Challenge Series filmed in a pink studio? I'm guessing it was changed since the listing for this says it's the unreleased home video pilot. WHY DIDN'T THEY RELEASE THIS? IT'S A GOLDMINE.

Also, who is this Ralph jerk?

• Like 3

I just watched the Team Challenge Series and in a word, TREMENDOUS. You could totally make that show into a drinking game. You'd be wasted if you took a drink every time someone did an arm drag, every time they cut to the "fans" in the random bar, every time there was an unnecessary camera cut or every time Strangis said "punch the button" after someone did a basic wrestling school trainee move.

• Like 1

Not surprised.  When I frequented strip establishments as a young man in 1990 the peelers all looked like that.  Like extras from a Motley Crue video.  Odd show to watch.  I can see what they were trying to do but when the highlights of the show was a thong shot and Verne's German shorthaired pointer you aren't selling this to anybody 

• Haha 1

82/83 Mid-Atlantic is like the best possible Crash TV wrestling. Segments bleed into each other, wrestlers wander into other wrestlers interview segments because they're too pissed off and need to speak, everyone is feuding with everyone. Roddy Piper and Dick Slater have a wild brawl that starts at the interview corner and ends up in the ring, interrupting a tag team match that's about to begin. And that's not even the best Piper brawl, as Flair and Valentine did the concrete face wash on him earlier.

I've pretty much hated Oliver Humperdink as a manager every time I've seen him (with an admitted blind spot that I've never seen his Florida work), but he's great here. Just a slimy, business manager type pulling more and more heels into his web and just generally antagonizing every face in the area.

• Like 5